Self-catering nature holidays in Lincolnshire
Find a self-catering holiday cottage in Lincolnshire for a holiday with nature. Lincolnshire and the Lincolnshire Wolds is home to numerous nature reserves. From the expanses of natural habitat of the Boston Wash Banks, to the small woods and wildlife corridors along old railway routes, home to a myriad of creatures and flora. If you are into nature, wild animals, flowers or birdwatching then the following is for you. There are also a number of pretty market towns in Lincolnshire to visit. In particular don't miss Stamford.
Click to view self-catered holiday cottages in Lincolnshire
Come to Lincolnshire for a country cottage break
Book a cottage in advance for a rural break in Lincolnshire. Arrive, unpack and rest before venturing out to explore the countryside. Relaxing, satisfying, absolutely bursting with life - see things you've never seen before - birds, butterflies, seals, animals, insects… See the owls and sparrow hawk hunting along the old railway lines; the geese migrating; the willow warbler, black cap and fieldfare… the bluebells and ragwort in spring, dragonflies, moths…
Walk, cycle or just stay a while and consider the wonderful vista of life. Man-made places like Messingham, once a sand pit now home to almost 200 species of birds, 400 species of plants hundreds of insects including rare and endangered species. Bring bicycles or hire locally to get around at a pace where you can take in the views. Some self-catered accommodation has locked sheds where you can keep your biyicle safe.
Places you may wish to include for possible visits during a self-catered holiday in Lincolnshire:
- Gibraltar Point, recognised for its outstanding scientific importance.
- Snipe Dale's 220 acres of beautiful rolling countryside,excellent habitat for wildlife and breeding birds.
- Boston Wash Banks, reclaimed and drained by man over the centuries, now back to nature. A glorious wetland teeming with life, widely recognised as the greatest saltmarsh in the UK.
- Little Scrubbs Meadow where you can look out for the great spotted and green woodpeckers, warblers and many fluttering butterflies amongst the plethora of meadow plants.
- Donna Nook is one of the best sites for viewing seals breeding in the UK. There is now a large and growing breeding colony of seals to the north of the Wash, at Donna Nook. There are some gloriously beautiful lonely places, just you, amidst nature.
Please click on any self-catering cottage photographs below to find out more about self-catering accommodation in Lincolnshire near to nature reserves and the Lincolnshire Wolds - holidays and short breaks.
Rural retreats in Lincolnshire with a lake for fly fishing
There are three barn conversions with attractive original features. These cottages now offer comfy spacious self catering accommodation.
If you enjoy fly fishing then you should love Old Barn Cottages. There is a private lake. Walkers should also enjoy this place. There is a woodland nature trail where you can enjoy rambling through private woods. There is also croquet which you can enjoy playing on the lawn.
Each cottage has a patio garden with fantastic views of the beautiful surrounding countryside. There is also a bbq, perfect for those summer evenings. If you like going out and about on day trips, there are a number of fascinating places to visit in Lincolnshire, both inland and on the coast.
Click on the photograph to contact the owner for booking, questions or just to view interior images of this value for money self-catering accommodation.
Self-catering Country Cottages in Lincolnshire, the Midlands and England
Find additional country cottages and self-catering accommodation in Lincolnshire and England using the links below: