Self-catering accommodation in the Lake District of Cumbria, England
There are few more scenic locations for a cottage holiday than the Lake District. Carved by the last great Ice Age, the serene lakes of Cumbria lie cradled by the brooding hills. The scenery is breathtaking - landscapes where you can only stand and stare surround you on all sides. Broad fells dotted with sheep, wild ponies on the moors, a profusion of wild flowers and complete peace. A place to refresh your soul.
Thinking of enjoying holidays in the Lake District?
Click below for:
Our English poets drew inspiration from this land. William Wordsworth, in particular, began Britain's love affair with the Lake District in the 19th Century and it has passed down the generations. Countless visitors still follow in his footsteps. Wordsworth described poetry as 'the spontaneous overflow of powerful feelings arising from emotion recollected in tranquillity'. When you visit the Lake District you will understand.
Pine Lodge holidays in Eskdale, Cumbria
Find various pine lodge holiday sites scattered throughout the Lake District. Practical and attractive, these lodges are tailor-made for self-catering in Cumbria.
Eskdale is a peaceful and green spot in the Lake District that is surrounded by hills. There are a number of holiday lodges at Fisherground Farm near Eskdale, in the heart of the Lake District National Park, each sleeping two, four, or six people. Dogs are welcome. Thery have some excellent shared facilities, including a games room.
With a peaceful setting with an orchard garden and stream, Fisherground Farm is surrounded by some glorious countryside and there are some good local pubs just an easy walk away.
Views around Eskdale can be seen below:
More country cottages and self-catering accommodation in the Lake District can be viewed under Cumbria in the menu on the left.
Additional useful Lake District pages:
- » Self-catering holiday accommodation in Kendal, Cumbria
- » Self-catering in Cumbria and the Lake District
- » Self-catering holiday cottages in Cumbria with a pub nearby
- » Self-catering cottages and holiday accommodation in Keswick, Cumbria
- » Self-catering holiday accommodation in Cumbria available for long lets
- » Self-catering holiday accommodation in and around the Lake District National Park
- » Self-catering holiday accommodation in Workington, Cumbria
- » Pet-friendly cottages in the Lake District where your dog is welcome
- » Mid week short breaks in the Lake District
- » Self-catering holiday accommodation in Staveley, Cumbria