Holidays in the New Forest, rent a holiday cottage or apartment for a self catering break in this lovely part of southern England
The New Forest in Hampshire is a great location for getting away from the hustle and bustle of city life and instead immersing yourself in the countryside. A particular attraction of the New Forest is of course the wild ponies that roam freely around. There are lots of delightful little villages with plenty of nice pubs and cafes to enjoy. Enjoy rural walks combined with plenty of taking it easy with frequent breaks at the cafes and restaurants. The New Forest also offers great walks, cycling and horse riding opportunities. If you are after a spot of relaxation and beautiful countryside, yet ample activities, then the New Forest should not disappoint. Holidaymakers have a wide choice of self-catering holiday accommodation to choose from; there are country cottages, some even thatched dotted around in addition to more function pine lodge accommodation.
The seaside resorts of the English south coast are within easy reach, also the coastal paths, which gives you a choice of settings.
There are numerous pretty Hampshire villages to visit for a wander around or for pub meals:
- the village where most people begin their New Forest walks and visit Tourist Information
- also visit for the abbey and National Motor Museum
- for tourists and ponies
The New Forest provides an outdoor space for various activities and sports, such as mountain biking, orienteering, bird watching and pony trekking in addition to the usual walking. There are plenty of paths, trails and bridleways as well as great pubs and tea shops to quench your thirst and have a welcome break.
log cabin holidays New Forest - for a cosy 'holiday home' among the trees.
A secluded cottage in the New Forest is something special, it provides tranquillity and an escape from the daily demands of the world. Feel at one with nature - it is never very far away in the New Forest. Ponies will almost knock at your door, squirrels will scamper along the fences and you may, if you are fortunate, come across a group of shy deer or badgers.
- » Self-catering holiday accommodation in Hampshire and the New Forest with facilities for families with young children
- » A holiday cottage or apartment near the New Forest in Hampshire
- » Self-catering holiday accommodation in and around the New Forest, Hampshire
- » Self-catering accommodation New Forest
- » self-catering accommodation in the south of England for walks in the New Forest
- » New Forest cottages and self-catering accommodation
- » Holiday cottages Lyndhurst, New Forest, Hampshire, England, UK
- » holiday cottages Beaulieu New Forest England
- » Holiday cottages in Burley in England's New Forest
- » Log cabin and lodge holidays in the New Forest