One Old Coastguards - Newton Ferrers, Devon, England
|07738 342 850 or|
|Click here to email owner|
|Payment Options: cheque, bank transfer
Contact: Mr. Charles Stewart
Key Cottage InformationPrice range from £595 to £1490 per week
Number of units of accommodation: 1
Sleeps from 2 to 6 people in 3 bedrooms
Number of bathrooms: 2
Short Breaks: Yes - The minimum number of days for a short break is 4
Suitable for the disabled:
Children are welcome:
Rating: Not assessed
The owner/agency for One Old Coastguards has been advertising with Country Cottages Online for less than 1 year. Read More
Built in 1835, One Coastguards Cottage is a listed building with a wealth of charm and character. This pretty whitewashed cottage features a beautiful interior and outside you can sit out on the expansive sunny front terrace and soak up views that stretch from Dartmoor in the north, across the river to the village of Newton Ferrers and over to Noss Mayo where the river reaches the sea.
The views here are simply sublime. Look out and watch the yachts and dinghies at their moorings. To the front of the property beyond the terrace you have your own private mooring and quayside. You can even bring your own boat or canoe when holidaying here! To the rear of the cottage is a pretty garden with steps which lead you on to National Trust land and on to several good walks. Also just a walk away is the South West coastal path and nearby is lovely Wembury beach with its rock pools and watersports.
The quaint village of Newton Ferrers is just a short ferry trip or row away and where you can find a local shop and good pub food at the Dolphin Inn or the Ship Inn. At low tide you can walk across the two vosses and visit Noss Mayo where there are two pubs.
Parking is available by the harbour pontoon. By car you can travel to Plymouth with its many attractions including the National Marine Aquarium and the Blackfriars gin distillery, visit Dartmoor National Park and more locally drive to Riverford farm shop at Yealmpton where you can shop for organic produce and a enjoy a lovely meal at the Riverford cafe.
This owner/agency has featured on countrycottagesonline.com since 2016
- Historical Property
- Built of stone in the late Georgian period with the original stove
- Large utility room with washing machine.
- Video or DVD
- Internet Access
- Coffee Maker
- Type of Cooker: Aga and induction hob
- Dining Table Seats: 6
- 1 Kingsize Bed(s)
- 2 Double Bed(s)
- 2 Single Bed(s)
- Bed Linen Provided
- Power Shower
- Towels Provided
- Central Heating
- Wood Stove
- Garden: Garden with great views above the cottage
- Great view of the river towards the sea to the south and Dartmoor in the distance to the north. River views, leading to sea views in distance.
Please visit http://oneoldcoastguards.com to find out more about the holiday cottage, amenities, surrounding area and places to visit in Devon.
Please contact us for availability, prices and bookings
Nearest Train Station or Airport: Plymouth Railway Station
Recommended Places to Visit: Plymouth, Dartmoor National Park and the coastline of the South Devon Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.
Recommended Places to Eat Out:
Local Sports: Canoeing, rowing, walking, boating
Newton Ferrers is a little slice of tranquillity surrounded by ancient woodland and creeks, the village sits on the banks of the beautiful Yealm estuary. It’s a hidden gem packed with wildlife and has a secret, tranquil atmosphere. If you’re looking for thatched cottages and a lovely village pub in the centre, then this village is everything you’d expect from a picture postcard idyll.
- » Holiday Cottages near a Sandy, Shingle or Pebble Beach in Devon
- » Self-catering country cottages in Devon
- » Self-catering holiday accommodation in Devon with own parking facilities
- » Holiday cottages in north Devon
- » Cottages in Devon close to a pub
- » Small one bedroom cottages in Devon to sleep 2 people only
- » Pretty country cottages - Devon
- » Book a selfcatering cottage in Devon for up to 4 people
- » Self-catering on the Colmer Estate in Devon
- » Southern England: holiday cottages for self-catering holidays and weekend breaks
- » Self-catering holiday accommodation in Exeter, Devon
- » Self-catering short break holidays in Devon, England
- » Accommodation for Large Groups in Devon
- » Rent a Cottage in Devon
- » Country Cottages to rent north Devon
- » Holiday cottages near Hope Cove in South Devon
- » Country cottages south Devon
- » Holiday lets in and near Croyde Bay north Devon
- » Holiday cottages in Devon currently available for Christmas week
- » Country cottages in Devon in England's West Country
Similar English Country Cottages
Sunridge Luxury Ecopod England, Devon, Yealmpton
Sunridge TreeHouse England, Devon, Yealmpton
Sunridge Lodge England, Devon, South Hams, Yealmpton
Yealm Cabin England, Devon, South Hams, Yealmpton
Glamping in the Yealm Valley England, Devon, Yealmbridge
The Lawns Luxury Apartment in Devon England, Devon, Kingsbridge
March madness - Spa hot tub breaks for total relaxation - cosy romantic retreat in great location with balcony & private outdoor spa hot tub 2 nights from £250 for 2 adults call 07725819384 now to book.
This special offer ends on 08-03-2017
Impress your partner with a luxury break £325 for 2 nights or £395 for 3 nights in stunning log cabin hideaway with private outdoor spa hot tub & heated decked area - gorgeous peaceful location within easy walking distance of busy village don't miss out on this very special offer call 07725819384 for details.
This special offer ends on 19-03-2017
The Granary, Little Quebb Cottages
Take a week's early break in rural Herefordshire.
This special offer ends on 05-03-2017