The Granary at Manningtree - Manningtree, Essex, England
|01206 392166 or 07775 604281|
|Click here to email owner|
|Payment Options: cheque, bank transfer
Contact: Mr. Robert Lewis
Key Cottage InformationPrice range from £550 to £1200 per week
Number of units of accommodation: 1
Sleeps from 2 to 8 people in 3 bedrooms
Number of bathrooms: 3
Short Breaks: Yes - The minimum number of days for a short break is 3
Suitable for the disabled:
Children are welcome: Cot, High Chair available.
Rating: Not assessed
The Granary is situated in Constable Country on the Essex-Suffolk border just a few minutes from the beautiful village of Dedham and the old waterfront town of Manningtree on the Stour estuary. Renovated to an exceptionally high standard, this is the ideal place to relax once you have finished your day exploring them or the historic towns of Colchester and Harwich, the pretty wool villages of Lavenham and Long Melford or visited the beach at Frinton.
Self-catering accommodation with a spa/hot tub
Spend a while in the Finnish Sauna followed by the Spa pool on your private patio overlooking open pastures. Sit by the log burning stove and watch any of the Satellite channels with theatre sound dvd/video or use the Wifi for a bit of surfing. The bedrooms also have TV/videos. 2 double bedrooms plus 1 twin room and 3 - bath/showerooms (1 en-suite). A double sofa bed is downstairs.
The kitchen is equipped, as you would expect plus a few little extras like a choice of crushed or cubed ice "on tap" and a professional range cooker. Of course, you don’t have to cook; there are some excellent pubs and restaurants nearby. DIY horse livery also available.
This owner/agency has featured on countrycottagesonline.com since 2004
- Historical Property
- Ancient corn barn
- With Exposed Beams
- Large hot tub Sauna and wet room Gas BBQ Grass tennis court
- Sky TV
- Video or DVD
- Internet Access
- Coffee Maker
- Laundry Facilities
- Type of Cooker: Professional Range Cooker
- Dining Table Seats: 8
- 1 Kingsize Bed(s)
- 1 Double Bed(s)
- 2 Single Bed(s)
- 2 Z Bed(s)
- Bed Linen Provided
- Ensuite Bathroom
- Power Shower
- Towels Provided
- Central Heating
- Wood Stove
- Enclosed Garden: Lawns overlooking pastureland plus a very private enclosed patio with hot tub, Bar-B-Q etc.
- Outdoor Hot Tub
- Tennis Court
- Whilst only a few minutes from the waterfront town of Manningtree and the beautiful wool village of Dedham, you have uninterupted views of pastures often with cattle or sheep in them and big skys for stargazers.
Please visit http://www.valeandpeak.com to find out more about the holiday cottage, amenities, surrounding area and places to visit in Essex.
Please contact us for availability, prices and bookings
Stour Estuary, Dedham Vale, Colchester Castle and Zoo. Beaches at Frinton, Walton-on-the-Naze and Clacton-on-Sea. Historic Harwich and port is close by. All the pretty olde-worlde vilalges of north Essex like Thaxted, Saffron Walden, Audley End with Audley End House and gardens are just a short drive away. There are many scenic places for walks along the Essex coast including Tollesbury, Maldon, Burnham-on-Crouch. There is Designer Shopping Outlet at Braintree for some bargains, a jam factory visit at Tiptree, occasional horse racing near Marks Tey.
Nearest Train Station or Airport: Manningtree Station. Stansted Airport. Harwich Port.
Recommended Places to Visit: Colchester Zoo is excellent for a day out, the sandy beaches of Clacton and Frinton. The beautiful wool villages on the Essex/Suffolk border are well worth a visit as is the Historic University city of Cambridge. Also less than an hour to London by train.
Annual Events: Clacton Air Show 21/22 August 2014 The Manningtree Regatta 30/31 August 2014 The Tendring Show 11 July 2015
Recommended Places to Eat Out: Local pubs and restaurants.
Local Sports: Walking, Riding, Tennis, rowing and watersports on River Stour.
Manningtree is the smallest town in England, in a beautiful waterfront setting with great pubs and restaurants.
- » Self-catering Essex - cottage holidays in Essex
- » Self-catering and holiday cottage accommodation Waltham Abbey, Essex
- » Self-catering holiday accommodation in Essex England near golf courses
- » Self catering accommodation in the south east of England
- » Holiday cottages and apartments close to or in Frinton on Sea, Essex
- » Self-catering and holiday cottage accommodation Brentwood, Essex
- » Self-catering holiday accommodation in Essex available for long lets
- » Self-catering near South Woodham Ferrers Essex: cottages, houses, apartments
- » Holiday cottages in Clacton-on-Sea, Essex
- » Self-catering cottages and holiday accommodation Benfleet, Essex
- » Self-catering holiday accommodation in Essex
- » Self catering accommodation Essex
- » Pet-friendly self-catering holiday accommodation in Essex
- » Self-catering country cottages and apartments with exposed beams in Essex, England
- » Holiday cottages and other self-catering accommodation in Essex with good walks in the countryside
- » Self-catering short break holidays in Essex, England
- » self catering accommodation in Essex with availability in July or August
- » Self catering accommodation near Battlesbridge Antiques Centre in Essex
- » self catering accommodation near Clacton on Sea Essex
- » Holiday lettings Essex
Similar Country Cottages
Rookery Lodge England, Essex, Colchester
The Cartlodge Higham England, Suffolk, Higham, Colchester
Higham Place Lodge England, Suffolk, Higham, Colchester
The Old Post Office England, Suffolk, Higham, Colchester
The Guildhall England, Suffolk, Higham, Colchester
12a East Row Dogs-welcome Cottage, East Anglia England, Suffolk, Holbrook
Save £100 when you book the 4th to the 6th of November 2014 Fully exclusive use of lake and hot tub.
This special offer ends on 06-11-2014
Save 15% on a 3-night weekend rental from 28th November - now just £3,600 for up to 20 guests.
This special offer ends on 01-12-2014