Derwent House - Matlock, Derbyshire, England
Number of units of accommodation: 1
Sleeps from 2 to 12 people in 6 bedrooms
Number of bathrooms: 5
Short Breaks: Yes - The minimum number of days for a short break is 3
Suitable for the disabled:
Children are welcome:
Pet Friendly: (1 welcome)
Derwent House, is ideal holiday accommodation for up to 12 people. The house, a grade II listed Georgian residence, has been restored to provide individually designed rooms in a welcoming environment. The house inlcudes a seperate dining room, second lounge and six bedrooms so there is ample space for all. The house is situated on Knowleston Place and overlooks overlooks Knowleston Gardens and the River Derwent by the side of the park. Matlock that has a range of excellent amenities within walking distance of the house including shops, restaurants and pubs. A range of attractions, such as Chatsworth House, Bakewell and the Crich Tramway museumare all within a short drive. The house is easily accesible by train and is less than a ten minute walk to Matlock station, which has excellent links to Derby and Nottingham. The house is an ideal base to explore the delights of the Peak District throughout the year and is an ideal venue to come to escape, relax and unwind for a weekend, mid-week or longer stay.
This owner/agency has featured on this Country Cottages site since 2009
|Television||Indoor Hot Tub|
|Sky Television||Outdoor Hot Tub|
|Video or DVD||Shower|
|Ensuite Bathroom||Wood Stove|
|Central heating||Laundry facilities|
|Games Room||Swimming Pool|
|Towels provided||Bed linen provided|
Large utility, which has hanging facilities for clothes and footwear. The house is well equipped and located for children of all ages. Parking is on the road in front of the house
Short breaks of 3 and 4 nights and full weeks are available throughout the year. You can view our latest availability on our website at: http://www.derwenthouse.co.uk/availability.html Our usual changeover days are Monday and Friday. However, if you require a different day please contact us and if possible we will be flexible.
Please visit http://www.derwenthouse.co.uk to find out more about the holiday cottage, amenities, surrounding area and places to visit in Derbyshire.
There is a vast range of facilities close by for all ages and tastes. From Chatsworth House and local villages to Alton Towers and rock climbing. The Peak District is also ideal to explore the stunning countryside, great walks and a range of sports.
Nearest Train Station or Airport: Matlock Train Station and East Midlands Airport
Recommended Places to Visit: Chatsworth House, Haddon and Hardwick Hall Local villages Alton Towers Padley Gorge
Annual Events: Matlock Christmas Market - December Well Dressings - throughout the Summer Country shows - August and September
Recommended Places to Eat Out: There are a number of restaurants in Matlaock and the surrounding area.
Local Sports: Tennis, golf, water sports, walking and biking
Historic market town
- » Luxury cottages in Derbyshire
- » Self-catering holiday cottages in Derbyshire with a pub nearby
- » Self-catering near the American Adventure Theme Park in Derbyshire
- » Holiday lets in Derbyshire and Peak District
- » Pet-friendly self-catering holiday cottages - Derbyshire
- » Cottages in Derbyshire
- » Cosy self-catering holiday accommodation with an open fire in Derbyshire
- » Self-catering holiday accommodation in Derbyshire with own parking facilities
- » Self-catering short break holidays in Derbyshire, England
- » Book a cottage for a self-catering holiday in the Peak District
- » Self-catering holiday accommodation for walking holidays in Derbyshire
- » Self-catering cottages in the Peak District and Derbyshire
- » Self-catering holiday accommodation in Derbyshire England near golf courses
- » Country cottages in Derbyshire
- » Cottages with pools in Derbyshire
- » Farm cottages in the Peak District self catering holidays
- » Self catering cottages Hope Valley, Peak District, Derbyshire
Similar Country Cottages
"NEW-YEAR" Our Turleum Lodge (without a hot-tub) is available from December 30th. Bring in the bells during a 4 night stay and enjoy the beginning of your New-Year at our relaxing, luxury Mountwood ...
This special offer ends on 19-12-2013
Mill Cottage at Greetham Valley in Rutland
EARLY DECEMBER and JANUARY 30% DISCOUNT OFFER! Book a short break or week in Mill Cottage or Rutland Lodges and enjoy a 30% discount off normal tariffs. See our website for more details!
This special offer ends on 31-01-2014
Station House and Murmur Aeron
Offer details - Enjoy Christmas or New Year week at Station House, arriving on Friday 20th Dec or Fri 27th Dec for 7 nights for only £382 (was £415), Short breaks also possible (min 3 nights) We will ...
This special offer ends on 20-12-2013