Weathervane Cottage at Twistgates Farm Cottages - Honiton, Devon, EnglandAdd to Favourites
|01404 861173 or|
|Click here to email owner|
|Payment Options: cheque, bank transfer, credit card
Contact: Mrs. Suzanne Gray
Key Cottage InformationPrice range from £350 to £975 per week
Number of units of accommodation: 4
Sleeps from 1 to 5 people in 3 bedrooms
Number of bathrooms: 1
Short Breaks: Yes - The minimum number of days for a short break is 3
Suitable for the disabled:
Children are welcome: Cot, High Chair available.
Pet Friendly: (2 dogs welcome)
The owner/agency for Weathervane Cottage at Twistgates Farm Cottages has been advertising with Country Cottages Online for more than 8 years. Read More
Weathervane Cottage is a former milking parlour that has been converted to provide a lovely holiday cottage whilst retaining character features such as exposed beans and stonework.
The cottage is single storey, with just a small step between the living and sleeping areas. There is a large open-plan reception room with fully-equipped fitted kitchen, a dining area and a lovely seating area set around a wood burning stove. A door leads out from the reception room onto the enclosed patio with garden furniture. Back inside the property, there is a double bedroom with en-suite toilet and basin, a twin bedroom and a single bedroom as well as a shared bathroom with shower over a bath. Weathervane cottage boasts some wonderful views of the private meadow to the front of the property.
Weathervane Cottage is found in a quiet location amongst the Blackdown Hills, an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, offering some truly wonderful, unspoilt scenery. The cottage is located just under 5 minutes drive from the A30/A303, one of the main routes into the West Country. Weathervane Cottage offers an idyllic base for exploring Devon as well as the neighbouring counties of Dorset and Somerset; there is some stunning surrounding countryside and the Jurassic Coast is on our doorstep.
This owner/agency has featured on countrycottagesonline.com since 2008
- With Exposed Beams
- Laundry room with washing machine and tumble drier; external drying facilities as well.
- Video or DVD
- Internet Access
- Laundry Facilities
- Type of Cooker: electric oven with ceramic hob
- Dining Table Seats: 6
- 1 Double Bed(s)
- 3 Single Bed(s)
- Bed Linen Provided
- Ensuite Bathroom
- Towels Provided
- Central Heating
- Wood Stove
- Enclosed Garden: The cottage has its own secluded patio/garden+ use of the meadow area available to all guests.
- Delightful views across the unspoilt countryside of the Blackdown Hills (an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty). The gently rolling hills are dotted with small farms and in spring the Devon banks are topped with bluebells.
- This cottage is set forward from neighbouring Meadow Cottage and shares the same views over the meadow area, which is available to all our guests.
- Price includes all heating, electricity, bed linen and towels.
- The cottage has full central heating.
- Cot and high chair are available on request.
- Communal laundry room on site with washing machine and tumble drier (small charge).
- Plenty of parking near the cottage.
- Two dogs are welcome by prior arrangement (additional cost - please enquire).
- Good walking in the surrounding unspoilt countryside with an abundance of wild flowers, birds and animals.
- Easy driving distance to the Jurassic Coast, many National Trust properties, pubs, restaurants, shops and a wide range of West Country attractions.
- Short breaks available at most times throughout the year.
- Open all year including Christmas, New Year and Easter.
- Guests receive a complimentary welcome pack of home made scones, jam made with our own fruit and local clotted cream.
Should your numbers mean that you need an extra bedroom or want friends to visit during your stay then the Orchard Bedroom is available at extra cost on a nightly basis. This twin bedroom is located on the ground floor, is self-contained and has its own en-suite shower room as well as facilities to make a hot drink.
Please visit http://www.twistgatesfarm.co.uk to find out more about the holiday cottage, amenities, surrounding area and places to visit in Devon.
Just a small selection as there are so many attractions in the area and there really is something for everyone, whatever your interests: Jurassic Coast, Bicton Park, Pecorama, Hestercombe Gardens, Forde Abbey, National Trust properties, Seaton Tramway, Otterton Mill (good for live music too). There are more ideas on our website under 'Out & About'
Nearest Train Station or Airport: Honiton station. Exeter airport
Recommended Places to Visit: Honiton, Exeter, Lyme Regis, Beer, Branscombe, Sidmouth, Dartmoor, Exmoor, Paignton Zoo, Fleet Air Arm Museum, Eden Project, RHS Rosemore, Taunton, Escot, National Trust properties at Killerton, a la Ronde, Knightshayes, Montecute and Lytes Cary.
Annual Events: Honiton Show - first Thursday in August, Devon County Show - May, Sidmouth Folk Week - Aug, Ottery St Mary Tar Barrel run - Nov, Honiton Hill Rally, Stockland - August bank holiday weekend
Recommended Places to Eat Out: The Holt at Honiton, The Railway Hotel in Honiton, Greyhound Inn at Staple Fitzpaine, Jack in the Green at Rockbeare, Salty Monk at Sidford, Sidmouth Arms at Upottery, Merry Harriers at Clayhidon.
Local Sports: golf, riding, walking, fishing (fly, coarse and sea).
The market town of Honiton is approximately 7 miles west of Upottery. It is dominated by a long straight road built by the Romans and has a history that goes back to medieval times with the Hot Pennies ceremony and Charter Day still being celebrated every July. The town is famous for its lace and pottery and good examples can be found at Allhallows Museum. There are many independently owned shops,restaurants and cafes and the town is noted for its antique shops. The former house of the late painter, Thelma Hulbert, is now a public art gallery with exhibitions of contemporary art and craft on show.
- » Holiday Cottages near a Sandy, Shingle or Pebble Beach in Devon
- » Self-catering country cottages in Devon
- » Self-catering holiday accommodation in Devon with own parking facilities
- » Holiday cottages in north Devon
- » Cottages in Devon close to a pub
- » Small one bedroom cottages in Devon to sleep 2 people only
- » Pretty country cottages - Devon
- » Book a selfcatering cottage in Devon for up to 4 people
- » Self-catering on the Colmer Estate in Devon
- » Southern England: holiday cottages for self-catering holidays and weekend breaks
- » Self-catering holiday accommodation in Exeter, Devon
- » Self-catering short break holidays in Devon, England
- » Accommodation for Large Groups in Devon
- » Rent a Cottage in Devon
- » Country Cottages to rent north Devon
- » Holiday cottages near Hope Cove in South Devon
- » Country cottages south Devon
- » Holiday lets in and near Croyde Bay north Devon
- » Holiday cottages in Devon currently available for Christmas week
- » Country cottages in Devon in England's West Country
Similar English Country Cottages
Garden Cottage at Twistgates Farm Cottages England, Devon, Honiton
Apple Loft at Twistgates Farm Cottages England, Devon, Honiton
Meadow Cottage at Twistgates Farm Cottages England, Devon, Honiton
The Barn at Tiphayes Farm England, Devon, Honiton
Rower Fort England, Devon, Honiton
Swallows Nest England, Devon, Luppitt
Winter Wonderland luxury break £325 for 2 nights or £450 for 3 nights in stunning log cabin with private outdoor spa hot tub & heated decked area - gorgeous peaceful location within easy walking distance of busy village don't miss out on this very special offer call 07725819384 for details.
This special offer ends on 20-12-2016
Fab start to 2017 - 2 nights at £260, 3 at £360 - Cosy up in fab bolthole with private outdoor hot tub under cover - relax & unwind in peaceful location within easy walking distance of busy village with great bars & restaurants.
This special offer ends on 04-01-2017
Enjoy a chilled midweek break in one of our cosy lodges for the special price of £275.
This special offer ends on 19-12-2016