Weathervane Cottage at Twistgates Farm Cottages - Honiton, Devon, England
|add to shortlist|
Number of units of accommodation: 1
Sleeps from 1 to 5 people in 3 bedrooms
Number of bathrooms: 1
Short Breaks: Yes - The minimum number of days for a short break is 3
Suitable for the disabled:
Children are welcome:
Pet Friendly: (2 welcome)
Weathervane Cottage is a former milking parlour that has been converted to provide a lovely holiday cottage whilst retaining character features such as exposed beans and stonework.
The cottage is single storey, with just a small step betwen the living and sleeping areas. There is a large open-plan reception room with fully-equipped fitted kitchen, a dining area and a lovely seating area set around a wood burning stove. A door leads out from the reception room onto the enclosed patio with garden furniture. Back inside the property, there is a double bedroom, an en-suite twin bedroom and a single bedroom as well as a shared bathroom with shower over a bath. Weathervane cottage boasts some wonderful views of the private meadow to the front of the property.
Weathervane Cottage is found in a remote location amongst the Blackdown Hills, an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, offering some truly wonderful, unspoilt scenery. The cottage is located just under 5 minutes drive from the A30/A303, one of the main routes into the West Country. Weathervane Cottage offers an idyllic base for exploring Devon as well as the neighbouring counties of Dorset and Somerset; there is some stunning surrounding countryside and the Jurassic Coast is on our doorstep.
We have 2 other cottages (sleeping 2 and 4) and full details can be found on our website www.twistgatesfarm.co.uk
This owner/agency has featured on this Country Cottages site since 2008
|01404 861173 or|
|Click here to email owner|
|Payment Options: cheque, bank tansfer, credit card
Contact: Mrs. Suzanne Gray
|Television||Indoor Hot Tub|
|Sky Television||Outdoor Hot Tub|
|Video or DVD||Shower|
|Ensuite Bathroom||Wood Stove|
|Central heating||Laundry facilities|
|Games Room||Swimming Pool|
|Towels provided||Bed linen provided|
Laundry room with washing machine and tumble drier; external drying facilities as well.
- This cottage is set forward from neighbouring Meadow Cottage and shares the same views over the meadow area, which is available to all our guests.
- Price includes all heating, electricity, bed linen and towels.
- The cottage has full central heating.
- Cot and high chair are available on request.
- Communal laundry room on site with washing machine and tumble drier (small charge).
- Plenty of parking near the cottage.
- Two dogs are welcome by prior arrangement (additional cost - please enquire).
- Good walking in the surrounding unspoilt countryside with an abundance of wild flowers, birds and animals.
- Easy driving distance to the Jurassic Coast, many National Trust properties, pubs, restaurants, shops and a wide range of West Country attractions.
- Short breaks available at most times throughout the year.
- Open all year including Christmas, New Year and Easter.
Please visit http://www.twistgatesfarm.co.uk to find out more about the holiday cottage, amenities, surrounding area and places to visit in Devon.
Just a small selection as there are so many attractions in the area and there really is something for everyone, whatever your interests: Jurassic Coast, Bicton Park, Pecorama, Hestercombe Gardens, Forde Abbey, National Trust properties, Seaton Tramway, Otterton Mill (good for live music too). There are more ideas on our website under 'Out & About'
Nearest Train Station or Airport: Honiton station. Exeter airport
Recommended Places to Visit: Honiton, Exeter, Lyme Regis, Beer, Branscombe, Sidmouth, Dartmoor, Exmoor, Paignton Zoo, Fleet Air Arm Museum, Eden Project, RHS Rosemore, Taunton, Escot, National Trust properties at Killerton, a la Ronde, Knightshayes, Montecute and Lytes Cary.
Annual Events: Honiton Show - first Thursday in August, Devon County Show - May, Sidmouth Folk Week - Aug, Ottery St Mary Tar Barrel run - Nov, Honiton Hill Rally, Stockland - August bank holiday weekend
Recommended Places to Eat Out: The Holt at Honiton, The Railway Hotel in Honiton, Greyhound Inn at Staple Fitzpaine, Jack in the Green at Rockbeare, Salty Monk at Sidford, Sidmouth Arms at Upottery, Merry Harriers at Clayhidon.
Local Sports: golf, riding, walking, fishing (fly, coarse and sea).
The market town of Honiton is approximately 7 miles west of Upottery. It is dominated by a long straight road built by the Romans and has a history that goes back to medieval times with the Hot Pennies ceremony and Charter Day still being celebrated every July. The town is famous for its lace and pottery and good examples can be found at Allhallows Museum. There are many independently owned shops,restaurants and cafes and the town is noted for its antique shops. The former house of the late painter, Thelma Hulbert, is now a public art gallery with exhibitions of contemporary art and craft on show.
- » Holiday cottages near a beach in Devon
- » Self-catering holiday accommodation in Ivybridge, Devon
- » Self-catering holiday accommodation in Westleigh, Devon
- » Self-catering country cottages in Devon
- » Self-catering holiday accommodation with facilities for the elderly or disabled
- » Self catering large country houses in England
- » Country cottages in Modbury, Devon
- » Self-catering holiday accommodation in Devon with own parking facilities
- » Self-catering accommodation in the Home Counties England - rent a cottage
- » Holiday cottages in north Devon
- » Cottages in Devon near a pub
- » Small one bedroom cottages in Devon to sleep 2 people only
- » Pretty country cottages - Devon
- » Self-catering rentals near Luton Airport, north of London
- » Book a selfcatering cottage in Devon for up to 4 people
- » Self-catering accommodation in and near Exmoor National Park
- » 2 bedroom self catering holiday accommodation
- » A random collection of holiday cottages with parking in England
- » Self-catering accommodation near Windsor Castle
- » Self-catering holiday cottages in the West Midlands
Similar Country Cottages
Come and see the bluebells in the beautiful Blackdown Hills that surround us. 7 nights discounted to £350, shorter breaks available. FURTHER DISCOUNT IF TAKEN BY ONE COUPLE ONLY.
This special offer ends on 25-05-2013
Bluebell Bank, Sheplegh Court
Week commencing 20 July reduced by £300
This special offer ends on 31-12-2013
Forest View Retreat Lodges
SUMMER SPECIAL OFFER 4 nights for the price of 3 on all midweek Monday to Friday breaks in Bramble Lodge sleeps four Adults for all our Summer Season.
This special offer ends on 30-08-2013
Tythe Barn Cottage
Beautiful 17th century thatched cottage near Chipping Campden. Sleeps 4. Friday 31st May to Thursday 20th June, 7 nights now reduced to £485. Short breaks also possible - 3-night minimum stay. Visi...
This special offer ends on 20-06-2013
The Stone Barn
BIG WEEKEND: 3 nights @ £55 per person (minimum 18 guests up to max 22)- offer available the following weekends: 4th and 18th October and 8th, 15th, 22nd and 29th November - email or phone 01409 253 ...
This special offer ends on 31-05-2013
16th AUGUST SPECIAL OFFER- book last available August week and get £110 off (applies to parties of 8 or less guests, visit our website for full details or send us an email today for a quick response
This special offer ends on 31-05-2013
Red Kite Cottage
Hideaway for 2 in Red Kite Cottage. Stunning location. Suntrap terrace. 3 acres of meadows with panoramic views. Free WiFi. Logfire. Big bath, separate rain shower.£144(was £160) for 2 nights for 2 pe...
This special offer ends on 19-05-2013