Self-catering near South Woodham Ferrers Essex: cottages, houses, apartments
Find self-catering cottages and holiday lets for your visit to South Woodham Ferrers, Essex, England. A new town, mostly built after 1978, it's well-known for its excellent design.
| || || |
The fens for walks
South Woodham Ferrers
View to SWF Market Square
South Woodham Ferrers has a train station with a branch line off of the London to Southend line, with direct services to Liverpool Street at peak times. The small town centre is dominated by a supermarket which is surrounded by a handful of shops. Parking is free in the town, except in the station car park. There are plenty of pubs, a fish and chip shop, and several different types of restaurants. There is one hotel, the Oakland. William de Ferrers secondary school, close to the town centre, is one of the largest schools in Essex, with several feeder primaries, and an immensely successful Duke of Edinburgh Award Scheme programme.
Local attractions include 'Marsh Farm', an open farm with a well-stocked gift shop, interactive educational displays and regular events throughtout the year, 'Tropical Wings' butterfly farm, with a wide associated menagerie, including reptiles, birds, and insects. RHS Hyde Hall gardens and Battlesbridge Antique Centre are a 5 minute drive away. The name South Woodham Ferrers is understandably often shortened to SWF by the local residents.
Any self-catering holiday rentals shown will be either in South Woodham Ferrers or within easy driving distance for a day trip. Please use the Feature Page and Quick Browse menus to find more self-catering cottages, large country houses, apartments, pine lodges, log cabins, villas, houseboats and other types of holiday accommodation in Essex and East Anglia, or click on any images shown to view details of the accommodation.
Useful links for places to stay and visit near South Woodham Ferrers:
- Self-catering in Essex
- Self-catering long lets in Essex - useful for a few weeks at a time during house moves
- Maldon for Promenade Park, Madison Heights, barge cruises and Hythe Quay - 20 minutes
- Burnham on Crouch for Riverside walks - 20 minutes
- Southend-on-Sea - 30 minutes
- Leigh-on-Sea for interesting fish restaurants and walks
2 bedroom House, East Anglia.
Well presented holiday cottage sleeping 4 in the pleasant town of South Woodham Ferrers, with riverside walks available near by as well as good train links in to London.
Special features: free internet access.
Price range from £0 to £0 per week01245 426 946 Click here to email owner more info >
Sleeps from 1 to 4 people in 2 bedrooms
Number of bathrooms: 1
Pet Friendly: No
Rating: Not assessed
- » Self-catering Essex - cottage holidays in Essex
- » Self-catering and holiday cottage accommodation Waltham Abbey, Essex
- » Self-catering holiday accommodation in Essex England near golf courses
- » Self catering accommodation in the south east of England
- » Holiday cottages and apartments near or in Frinton on Sea, Essex
- » Self-catering and holiday cottage accommodation Brentwood, Essex
- » Self-catering holiday accommodation in Essex available for long lets
- » Holiday cottages in Clacton-on-Sea, Essex
- » Self-catering cottages and holiday accommodation Benfleet, Essex
- » Self-catering holiday accommodation in Essex