The Tallow Factory - Dedham, Essex, England
|+44(0)7947438430 or +44(0)7947438430|
|Click here to email owner|
|Payment Options: cheque, bank transfer, credit card
Contact: Ms. Louise Hart
Key Cottage InformationPrice range from £500 to £2595 per week
Number of units of accommodation: 1
Sleeps from 2 to 10 people in 4 bedrooms
Number of bathrooms: 4
Short Breaks: Yes - The minimum number of days for a short break is 2
Suitable for the disabled:
Children are welcome: Cot, High Chair available.
Pet Friendly: (1 dog welcome)
Rating: Not assessed
The owner/agency for The Tallow Factory has been advertising with Country Cottages Online for more than 11 years. Read More
The downstairs entrance reception leads to a spacious dining/ living room with TV (BT Youview, Apple TV, Google Chromecast), wireless broadband (bring your own laptop) and instant gas flame fireplace (there is also a comfortable double sofabed for additional guests). There is a bathroom on the same floor and a washer/dryer utility adjoining an overflow worktop with dishwasher that leads into a newly installed kitchen that opens onto the garden, (the kitchen is fully equipped with 5-ring gas stove, convection oven, fridge/freezer and microwave).
Upstairs there are 4 bedrooms - one magnificent king bedroom with an en suite bathroom, one sunny queen bedroom with en suite bathroom and a twin bedroom with two single beds that has its own bathroom directly next door) and a two-room suite on the 3rd floor with double bed and two single beds, with 1 family bathroom fitted with bath and shower.
There is also a magnificent yoga studio with equipment for up to 10 people as well as 20 folding chairs, making it a good space for workshops as well.
This owner/agency has featured on countrycottagesonline.com since 2005
- Historical Property
- Converted Tudor Candle Factory - parts of house dating back to 1500s.
- With Exposed Beams
- Yoga and meditation studio
- Internet Access
- Coffee Maker
- Laundry Facilities
- Type of Cooker: Large convection fan oven with 5 ring gas hob
- Dining Table Seats: 10
- 1 Superking Bed(s)
- 1 Kingsize Bed(s)
- 1 Queensize Bed(s)
- 1 Double Bed(s)
- 4 Single Bed(s)
- 1 Z Bed(s)
- Bed Linen Provided
- Ensuite Bathroom
- Towels Provided
- Central Heating
- Wood Stove
- Enclosed Garden: Beautiful walled garden, very private, with summerhouse, dining area - table for 10 and barbecue
- Views of the idyllic Dedham vale. Take long walks or boat rides along the River Stour to Flatford Mill to be completely immersed in "Constable Country".
The Tallow Factory is in a tranquil courtyard, just off Dedham High Street so once you have arrived you could spend the entire week without a car. we have a world class gastro pub right next door (The Sun Inn - Frank Lampard's favourite restaurant!). The village is very picturesque throughout the year and as long as you bring wellies and bundle up you can enjoy incredible rambles along the River Stour to Flatford Mill and the estuary town of Manningtree.
The beaches of Frinton and Clacton are 30 minutes away. The nearby towns of Colchester (6 miles) and Ipswich (12 miles) provide extensive shops, museums, theatres, cinemas, swimming pools, rollerskating, quasar laser, game centres etc.East Anglia's charming small towns Lavenham, Long Melford, Aldeburgh, Southwold, even Cambridge are within easy reach. Dedham is one of East Anglia's prettiest villages, yet also has thriving shops and services. Yards away are a grocer, a delicatessen, a butcher, a chemist, a Post Office, an Arts Centre, and two pubs serving good pub food. The village green has playing fields, tennis courts, and attractive children's playground.
Please visit http://www.dedhamretreats.com to find out more about the holiday cottage, amenities, surrounding area and places to visit in Essex.
Flatford Mill, beaches at Frinton and Clacton are 30 mins drive, Colchester with Castle, Ipswich, East Anglia's pretty villages like Stratford St. Mary. Close to London
Nearest Train Station or Airport: Manningtree or Colchester Railway Stations, Stansted Airport, City Airport, Luton Airport, Heathrow Airport, Gatwick Airport,
Recommended Places to Visit: Clacton, Frinton, Lavenham, Long Melford, Newmarket, Aldebrough and Snape. Cambridge, London
Annual Events: Available to rent for weekends throughout the year. Available to rent for 7 night stays from Friday 15th July throughout the summer holidays. Available for 7 night stays at Christmas and New Year
Recommended Places to Eat Out: The Sun Inn, Milsoms, The Boathouse, Dedham Hall Restaurant, Le Talbooth
Local Sports: Yoga, walking, horse riding, fishing, boating on the Stour River, bicycling, standup paddle boarding, kiteboarding etc. Private yoga and meditation classes and/or massage and reiki appointments upon request.
Dedham is a village within the borough of Colchester in northeast Essex, England, situated on the River Stour and on the border of Essex and Suffolk. The nearest town to Dedham is the small market town of Manningtree. Dedham is designated as an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, most particularly the Water Meadows along the River Stour, which pass along the northern boundary of the village forming the boundary between the counties of Essex and Suffolk.
- » Self-catering Essex - cottage holidays in Essex
- » Self-catering and holiday cottage accommodation Waltham Abbey, Essex
- » Self-catering holiday accommodation in Essex England near golf courses
- » Self catering cottages and lodges in the south east
- » Holiday cottages and apartments close to or in Frinton on Sea, Essex
- » Self-catering and holiday cottage accommodation Brentwood, Essex
- » Self-catering holiday accommodation in Essex available for long lets
- » Self-catering near South Woodham Ferrers Essex: cottages, houses, apartments
- » Holiday cottages in Clacton-on-Sea, Essex
- » Self-catering cottages and holiday accommodation Benfleet, Essex
- » Self-catering holiday accommodation in Essex
- » Self catering accommodation Essex
- » Pet-friendly self-catering holiday accommodation in Essex
- » Self-catering country cottages and apartments with exposed beams in Essex, England
- » Holiday cottages and other self-catering accommodation in Essex with good walks in the countryside
- » Self-catering short break holidays in Essex, England
- » self catering accommodation in Essex with availability in July or August
- » Self catering accommodation near Battlesbridge Antiques Centre in Essex
- » self catering accommodation near Clacton on Sea Essex
- » Holiday lettings Essex
Similar English Country Cottages
Old Bakery Cottage England, Essex, Dedham
The Cartlodge Higham England, Suffolk, Higham, Colchester
Higham Place Lodge England, Suffolk, Higham, Colchester
The Old Post Office England, Suffolk, Higham, Colchester
The Guildhall England, Suffolk, Higham, Colchester
Wren Cottage England, Suffolk, Wickham Market
Late break at Station House - 7 nights arriving Friday 7th April for £329 or short break from £215 (min 3 nights) Sleeps 4, pets welcome.
This special offer ends on 14-04-2017
Easter Special - Book a 7 night stay commencing Saturday 15th April and we will include a Chocolate Easter Treat in your welcome pack!.
This special offer ends on 13-04-2017