Private Rural Lodge, Wrackleford Estate - Stratton, Dorset, England
Number of units of accommodation: 1
Sleeps from 2 to 9 people in 5 bedrooms
Number of bathrooms: 3
Short Breaks: Yes - The minimum number of days for a short break is 2
Suitable for the disabled: -
Children are welcome:
Rating: Not assessed
Our private rural Lodge offers the most wonderful, relaxed accommodation and in conjunction with dry fly fishing on the River Frome its position as a holiday location is unrivalled.
Sitting high on the Dorset downs, set in a small coppice containing wild fruits and flowers, commanding spectacular views south towards the coast.
One mile from the nearest main road makes it remote and rural, but only two hours from London makes it easily accessable.
Dorset is blessed with a fantasic coastline, with a mixture of traditional bucket and spade beaches, and awe inspiring coastal paths with plunging cliff lines. The Shooting Box is only a 25 minute drive away from some lovely beaches.
This owner/agency has featured on countrycottagesonline.com since 2008
|01305 264 141 or|
|Click here to email owner|
|Payment Options: cheque, bank transfer, credit card
Contact: Mrs. Katie Pope
|Television||Indoor Hot Tub|
|Sky Television||Outdoor Hot Tub|
|Video or DVD||Shower|
|Ensuite Bathroom||Wood Stove|
|Central heating||Laundry facilities|
|Games Room||Swimming Pool|
|Towels provided||Bed linen provided|
|An extra charge of £40.00 will be added if required|
Dry Fly Fishing
The Estate benefits from some 4 miles of Chalkstream Fly fishing on the River Frome, and Sydling Brook. It is divided into 8 separate fishing beats, each of which can be bought on a Day Ticket Basis. Your stay includes 1 days fishing for every 3 you stay - this does need to be booked in advance with the office.
Shooting Clays and Game
The Estate offers Pheasant and Partridge shooting from September through to the end of January, and simulated game shooting all the year round for groups of 8 or more shooting clay pigeons in drives like a real game day. Simulated shooting is suitable for beginners and experts alike. For smaller groups Southern Counties Clay ground offers close by
ThePrivate rural lodge is the perfect party place not only for its setting but the main room can seat up to 30 people around a circular table carved out of elm trees from the Estate with a 42 candle chandelier above. To make a fantastic evening why not allow us to prepare a full dinner including roasting a fillet of beef on the open fire.
All meals can bee arranged including bbq lunches on the river.
A fantastic place for children at half-term and summer holidays and Christmas
ALL BEDS ARE MADE PRIOR TO ARRIVAL WITH TOWELS
Please visit http://www.wrackleford.co.uk/index.php/content/dorset-holidays-shooting-box to find out more about the holiday cottage, amenities, surrounding area and places to visit in Dorset.
Please contact us for availability, prices and bookings
Excellent shooting facilities on the Estate - game and clay pigeon Excellent fly fishing on the River Frome
Nearest Train Station or Airport: Dorchester
Recommended Places to Visit: Sea Life Centre, Weymouth Monkey World, Wareham Warmwell Leisure Park, Warmwell Zorbing, Dorchester Dorchester - County Museum, Tutankhmun, Terracotta Warriors, Dinosaur Museum, Teddy Bear Museeum, all the Dorset beaches only being a 15 minute drive
Recommended Places to Eat Out: Excellent local pubs and with the sea being 20 minutes away there are wonderful fish restaurants
Local Sports: Clay shooting - EstateFishing - EstateShooting - Estatewalking/cycling
- » Self catering accommodation in Portland or Weymouth Dorset
- » Southern England: holiday cottages for self-catering holidays and weekend breaks
- » Pet friendly holiday cottages in Dorset
- » Mansions to rent for events and party weekends in Dorset
- » Holiday cottages in Dorset, sleep 6 to 8 people
- » Self-catering country cottages on the south coast of England with a local pub
- » Holiday cottages in Dorset
- » Holiday cottages south east England
- » Holiday lets in Dorset
- » Holiday cottages in Dorset
- » Self-catering holiday accommodation in Dorset England near golf courses
- » Self-catering short break holidays in Dorset, England
- » Self-catering cottages for holidays in Dorset
- » Self-catering holiday accommodation in Dorset available for long lets
- » Self-catering cottages south coast of England
- » Self-catering holiday cottages and rentals in Dorset
- » Large houses to rent in Dorset for self-catering breaks of 2 to 3 days upwards
- » Pet-friendly self-catering holiday accommodation in Dorset
- » Large Manor House in Dorset for self catering rentals
- » Luxury Self Catering Dorset