Private Rural Lodge, Wrackleford Estate - Stratton, Dorset, England
|01305 264 141 or|
|Click here to email owner|
|Payment Options: cheque, bank transfer, credit card
Contact: Mrs. Katie Pope
Key Cottage InformationPrice range from £1100 to £1800 per week
Number of units of accommodation: 1
Sleeps from 2 to 9 people in 5 bedrooms
Number of bathrooms: 3
Short Breaks: Yes - The minimum number of days for a short break is 2
Suitable for the disabled: -
Children are welcome: Cot, High Chair available.
Rating: Not assessed
The location is ideal with the property being just one mile from the nearest main road making it wonderfully remote and rural yet it is only around two hour’s drive from London.
Dorset is blessed with a fantastic coastline, with a mixture of traditional bucket and spade beaches, and awe inspiring coastal paths with plunging cliff lines. Our private rural lodge is only a 25 minute drive away from some lovely beaches.
This owner/agency has featured on countrycottagesonline.com since 2008
- Historical Property
- Thomas Hardy countryside with his short story "The Three Strangers" set at the Shooting Lodge
- With Exposed Beams
- Snooker Room
- Sky TV
- Video or DVD
- Internet Access
- Coffee Maker
- Laundry Facilities
- Bed Linen Provided
- Ensuite Bathroom
- Power Shower
- Towels Provided
- Central Heating
- Open Fire
- Wood Stove
- Enclosed Garden: enormous garden lots of bbq areas fields and fields
- Games Room
The Wrackleford Estate has some 4 miles of Chalkstream Fly fishing on the River Frome, and along Sydling Brook. This is divided into 8 separate fishing beats, each of which can be bought on a Day Ticket Basis. Included in the price of your stay is 1 days fishing for every 3 days you stay - this must be booked in advance with the office.
Shooting Clays and Game
The Estate offers Pheasant and Partridge shooting from September through to the end of January, and simulated game shooting all the year round for groups of 8 or more shooting clay pigeons in drives like a real game day. Simulated shooting is suitable for beginners and experts alike. For smaller groups Southern Counties Clay ground offers close by
The Private rural lodge is the perfect party place not only for its setting but the main room can seat up to 30 people around a circular table carved out of elm trees from the Estate with a 42 candle chandelier above. To make a fantastic evening why not allow us to prepare a full dinner including roasting a fillet of beef on the open fire.
All meals can bee arranged including bbq lunches on the river.
A fantastic place for children at half-term and summer holidays and Christmas
ALL BEDS ARE MADE PRIOR TO ARRIVAL WITH TOWELS
Please visit http://www.wrackleford.co.uk/index.php/content/dorset-holidays-shooting-box to find out more about the holiday cottage, amenities, surrounding area and places to visit in Dorset.
Please contact us for availability, prices and bookings
Excellent shooting facilities on the Estate - game and clay pigeon Excellent fly fishing on the River Frome
Nearest Train Station or Airport: Dorchester
Recommended Places to Visit: Sea Life Centre, Weymouth Monkey World, Wareham Warmwell Leisure Park, Warmwell Zorbing, Dorchester Dorchester - County Museum, Tutankhmun, Terracotta Warriors, Dinosaur Museum, Teddy Bear Museeum, all the Dorset beaches only being a 15 minute drive
Recommended Places to Eat Out: Excellent local pubs and with the sea being 20 minutes away there are wonderful fish restaurants
Local Sports: Clay shooting - EstateFishing - EstateShooting - Estatewalking/cycling
- » Self catering accommodation in Portland or Weymouth Dorset
- » Southern England: holiday cottages for self-catering holidays and weekend breaks
- » Pet friendly holiday cottages in Dorset
- » Mansions to rent for events and party weekends in Dorset
- » Holiday cottages in Dorset, sleep 6 to 8 people
- » Self-catering country cottages on the south coast of England with a local pub
- » Holiday cottages in Dorset
- » Holiday cottages south east England
- » Holiday lets in Dorset
- » Holiday cottages in Dorset
- » Self-catering holiday accommodation in Dorset England near golf courses
- » Self-catering short break holidays in Dorset, England
- » Self-catering cottages for holidays in Dorset
- » Self-catering holiday accommodation in Dorset available for long lets
- » Self-catering cottages south coast of England
- » Self-catering holiday cottages and rentals in Dorset
- » Large houses to rent in Dorset for self-catering breaks of 2 to 3 days upwards
- » Pet-friendly self-catering holiday accommodation in Dorset
- » Large Manor House in Dorset for self catering rentals
- » Luxury Self Catering Dorset
Similar Country Cottages
Lorton House England, Dorset, Broadwey
Sunny Gardens Dogs-Welcome Cottage, West Country England, Dorset, Weymouth
Stonebank Annexe, Chickerell England, Dorset, Weymouth
The Dairy England, Dorset, Weymouth
Bakehouse Cottage England, Dorset, Langton Herring
Higher Farm Cottage England, Dorset, Langton Herring
Week starting Saturday 8th November 7 nights now £280 or Short breaks also available from £182 (min 3 nights) Sleeps 2 - 6 Free WiFi included.
This special offer ends on 14-11-2014
Single mid-week nights available (2 nights at £245) in unique romantic luxury Lodge with contemporary furniture & mood lighting, wsll mounted TV, blu-tooth sound system - new heart shaped hot tub on your private balcony luxury towels & bed-linen provided gorgeous views in stunning peaceful location within walking distance of busy village & lake with many visitor attractions call 07725819384 for details.
This special offer ends on 11-11-2014
The Owlery, romantic cottage for two with woodburner and spa bath, available at a reduced weekly price in November, £325 fully inclusive.
This special offer ends on 10-11-2014