Lovely 3 bedroom
self-catering farmhouse which dates back to the 16th century which is set amongst 21 acres of land, just 3 miles from Craig Y Nos Castle within the beautiful Brecon Beacons National Park. Sleeping up to 6 people (plus a further 2 in the adjoining annexe), this is a family-friendly and dog-friendly holiday home which benefits from a tranquil, private and secluded rural location, down its own quarter of a mile of private farm track.
Within this beautiful 16th Century Farmhouse there is a comfortable interior comprising:
- A spacious lounge with Sky TV and wood-burning stove.
- Kitchen with microwave, fridge, cooker
- Utility Room with washing machine
- Master Bedroom featuring a luxurious 4 poster bed and en-suite bathroom with
shower and roll top bath
- Double bedroom
- Ground floor Double/Family Bedroom
- Family bathroom
- Guests staying at the Farmhouse enjoy free use of the Sports room and Hot tub facilities at Craig y Nos Castle during their stay, as well as access to Free Wifi
at the Castle.
This owner/agency has featured on countrycottagesonline.com since 2003
Craig Y Nos Farmhouse is situated half way between Swansea and Brecon, just outside of the village of Penycae in South Wales, which has two excellent pubs - one a CAMRA real ale pub for lovers of real ale, and the other an award winning gastro restaurant pub.
With uninterrupted views of the countryside, with a stream, waterfall and wooded areas which can be enjoyed within the grounds where you can walk and explore, this is a lovely area with plenty to recommend it. Ask us too about fishing on the river Tawe. In terms of things to see and do, ghost tours are on offer at the Castle. Other attractions close by include Craig y Nos Country Park, the Mountain Centre at Libanus, the market town of Brecon, the Henrydd Waterfalls and Cefn yr Erw animal sanctuary.
Bed & breakfast or self catering options available. The farmhouse may be booked on a shared or exclusive accommodation basis.
Entertainment Facilities:Kitchen & Dining:
- Historical Property
- Beautiful 16th Century Farmhouse Accommodation
- With Exposed Beams
- Washing Machine
- Romantic Four Poster Bed
- Bed Linen Provided
- Ensuite Bathroom
- Towels Provided
Garden and Outdoors:
- Central Heating
- Wood Stove
- Enclosed Garden: Set in 21 acres of land, on the boarders of the Brecon Beacons National Park, an area of outstanding natural beauty.
National Showcaves of Wales
Brecon Beacons National Park
Nearest Train Station or Airport: Swansea- 17 miles or Neath 20 miles
Recommended Places to Visit: Swansea
Recommended Places to Eat Out: Craig Y Nos Castle
Local Sports: Walking, Horse Riding, Mountain Biking, Caving