Charming Sleeps 7 Pets Welcome Cottage just 1 mile from Hay on Wye
With 4 bedrooms, Cusop Mill Cottage sleeps up to 7 people in comfortable welcoming accommodation, just one mile from the pretty town of Hay on Wye (a town which is famous for its book shops and book festival).
Part of a converted watermill, Cusop Mill enjoys a tranquil setting next to a stream and is nestled close to woodlands and unspoilt countryside and is also very close to the stunning Brecon Beacons National Park. For keen walkers, the Offa’s Dyke Path can be joined nearby (it runs past the cottage) and is ideal for exploring some of the best of the scenic Black Mountains. Popular activities to enjoy in this beautiful area include walking, hiking, fishing and cycling.Inside this Comfortable Pet-Friendly Cottage near the Brecon Beacons
This holiday home has a homely feel and is a great place to relax and unwind on holiday. The lounge is comfortable and the modern stylish kitchen has all you need for easy self-catering including a microwave, dishwasher, fridge, freezer and cooker.
The bedrooms comprise of:
• A master bedroom with king-size bed, TV and high ceilings with exposed wooden beams.
• A twin bedroom.
• A small bedroom with a brass framed single bed.
• A double bedroom with views of the nearby stream.
There are 2 bathrooms.
Booking early is recommended to avoid disappointment as holiday homes in Hay on Wye are in great demand.
This owner/agency has featured on countrycottagesonline.com since 2017
- Historical Property
- Cusop Mill Cottage is approximately one mile from Hay on Wye, a town renowned for its book shops but also has a good choice of amenity shops. It is next to the stream which forms the English – Welsh border and opposite a bridge which leads up to Offas Dyke pathway to the Black Mountains. One can also walk to the town over the fields.
The Mill was built in the late 18th Century when the area known as the Dingle was active in using the water power from the Dulas brook. Our particular Mill was originally used fulling (flannel) and subsequently for corn and grist (animal feed). We have a copy of the original estimate for its construction. The existing Cusop Mill Cottage dates slightly later and is sited on an earlier building. The Mill pond has now been filled and grassed over but we still have a small stream flowing down the side of the garden adjacent to the foot path which leads to the Church and a castle tump. Now days just a tump. It is a quiet refuge and full of interest but not too far from the semi bright lights of Hay-on-Wye.
- With Exposed Beams
- Utility Room with washing machine and dryer extra micro wave and deep freeze.
Kitchen & Dining:
- Video or DVD
- Internet Access
- Washing Machine
- Type of Cooker: integrated electric cooker and Rayburn
- Dining Table Seats: 8
- 1 Superking Bed(s)
- 1 Queensize Bed(s)
- 3 Single Bed(s)
- Romantic Four Poster Bed
- Bed Linen Provided
- Towels Provided
Garden and Outdoors:
- Central Heating
- Wood Stove
- Enclosed Garden: Front lawn with paved area and parking for 3 cars. Patio leading out of kitchen with tables and chairs.
- We are in a valley but surrounded by hills so immediate views are of trees, garden and small lane with the Dulas brook running along side.
Please visit http://www.cusopmillcottage.co.uk/ to find out more about the holiday cottage, amenities,
surrounding area and places to visit in Powys.
A 20% deposit is required with the full amount paid one month before arrival. This can be paid by BACs or Cheque
Well behaved dogs welcome
All damages to be paid for
Arrival is at 3 pm and departure at 11 am
linen and towels are provided
Book shops, retro shops and the Castle. Also a very smart cinema attached to R.G. Booth Book shop.
Nearest Train Station or Airport: Abergavenny or Hereford
Recommended Places to Visit: Brecon and Brecon Canal for boating and Pen y Fan for walking and running
Tretower Court fortified Manor and Castle
Abergavenny, interesting church with wonderful Tree of Jesse carving.
Annual Events: Hay Festival 24th May to 3rd June 2018
How the Light gets in 2018 The Philosophy and Music Festival 25th May to 3rd June.
Hay Festival Winter week end 23rd-26th November 2017
Recommended Places to Eat Out: Tomatitoes fun and lively with snacks and drink but enough for a good evening
The Swan, now very smart
The Black Lion
The River Cafe Glasbury
The Felinfach Griffin
Local Sports: Walking and fishing are more or less on the door step. Horse riding and canoeing nearby.