Rural Bliss Just 20 Minutes' Train Journey from Edinburgh
Choose from 7 luxurious country cottages at Williamscraig Holiday Cottages, nestled in the unspoilt Lothian countryside, yet less than 20 minute's train ride from the local train station to Edinburgh, Scotland's elegant capital city. It's not only the location that's excellent with a stay at Williamscraig Cottages though, there's plenty more on offer here! With luxurious 4 star rated high quality interiors, beautiful countryside views, WiFi access and each holiday cottage enjoying access to its own private warm bubbly hot tub, this is a superb place to unwind and relax with friends or family next to unspoilt Scottish countryside.
Collection of Luxurious Country Cottages, Family-Friendly with Access to Excellent Play Facilities and Each with Own Private Hot Tub
There are great facilities for kids too with a play park on site, complete with big basket swing, swings and seesaw to keep the children entertained.
There are six beautiful 3 bedroom cottages to choose from at this tranquil location, as well as one 2 bedroom holiday cottage.
Choose from the following, each with its own warm bubbly outdoor hot tub, high quality living areas and well equipped kitchen:
• Rose Cottage with wood-burning stove; 3 bedrooms (one master bedroom with king-size four-poster bed and en-suite shower room, one king-size bedroom and one twin bedroom), 1 family bathroom, sleeps 6.
• Honeysuckle Cottage with woodburning stove; 3 bedroom barn conversion (one king-size master bedroom with an en-suite shower room, a king-size bedroom and a twin bedroom), plus a family bathroom, sleeping up to 8 people, with double sofa bed in living area.
• Appletree Cottage; 3 bedroom (master king-size bedroom with en-suite shower room, king-size bedroom and twin bedroom) stone-built barn conversion, sleeps up to 8 people with double sofa bed in lounge.
• Laurel Cottage; 3 bedrooms, one family bathroom, plus double sofa bed in lounge area (the master bedroom boasts en-suite facilities) sleeps up to 8.
• Beech Cottage; 3 bedrooms, one family bathroom, plus mezzanine area with double sofa bed (the master bedroom boasts en-suite facilities), accommodates up to 6.
• 1 Eden Cottage; 3 bedrooms (two with en-suite facilities, one king-size master bedroom, one double bedroom and one downstairs twin bedroom), sleeps up to 7 (this cottage can be 5 bedrooms when booked with 2 Eden Cottage which is next door).
• 2 Eden Cottage; 2 bedrooms (one king-size master bedroom with en-suite facilities and twin downstairs twin bedroom), sleeps up to 5 people.
See our own website for a 360 degree tour of the properties.
Places to Visit near Linlithgow
Locally there is lots of unspoilt countryside to explore and enjoy. Visit the ruin of Linlithgow Palace where Mary Queen of Scots was born and the nearby loch or take a boat trip along the Union Canal. More history can be discovered at Stirling Castle, just half an hour's drive from Williamscraig Cottages. Edinburgh with its magnificent historic castle, old town, restaurants, shops and numerous tourist attractions is well worth a visit and is only a 20 minute train ride from nearby Linlithgow station. Also well worth a visit is the bustling city of Glasgow, just 30 minutes' train ride away, where there are art galleries, Charles Rennie MacKintosh attractions, excellent shops and restaurants, as well as Botanic Gardens.
This owner/agency has featured on countrycottagesonline.com since 2016
Please visit http://www.holidaycottageslinlithgow.co.uk to find out more about the holiday cottage, amenities, surrounding area and places to visit in West Lothian.
Nearest Train Station or Airport: Edinburgh Airport
Recommended Places to Visit: Linlithgow Palace, Edinburgh for the castle, city centre shopping, art galleries and nightlife. Callendar House and Gardens, Stirling Castle, Edinburgh Zoo, the Wallace Monument, Hopetoun House, Inchcolm Island.
Recommended Places to Eat Out:
Local Sports: Linlithgow Golf Club is just north of our country cottages, literally under half a mile away.