2 Bedroom Coastal Holiday Home in Scalloway, Shetland
Escape from it all and discover the wonders of Shetland from this welcoming and comfortable 2 bedroom holiday cottage. Situated in the pretty harbourside village of Scalloway on Mainland in Shetland, this property is well located for a coastal break as it's right next to the harbour and a mere 2 minute walk from Westshore beach. Inside this 2 Bedroom Scalloway Cottage
Inside the property is comfortable and homely with an open plan living area with two comfy leather sofas, 32” Freeview TV and feature fireplace, dining area and well equipped kitchen with ceramic hob cooker, microwave, fridge with freezer compartment, washing machine and breakfast bar.
There are two bedrooms:
• a cosy double bedroom.
• a dual aspect twin bedroom.
The shower room with large shower, WC and sink completes the accommodation.
Outside there is a small enclosed garden area which leads to the main street. There is also a small courtyard area with wooden bench.
The property is easily accessible, single storey and fully modernised. There is one small step that leads to the front door and apart from that it is all level access. Things to See and Do on Holiday in Scalloway
• Within Scalloway itself there is a fascinating historic castle and more than 20 listed buildings, a museum as well as a choice of restaurants, a grocers, post office and pharmacy.
• For those looking to unwind and relax, within the village there is a leisure centre with a swimming pool
, jacuzzi and steam room.
• There are some lovely local beaches including Meal and Bannamin.
• For those who enjoy walking and wildlife watching, Shetland has lots to offer. There are two golf clubs within 3 miles of the village; Shetland Golf Club and Astra Golf Club. Sea angling can also be enjoyed locally.
• Lerwick is just 6 miles from Scalloway.
• Bird watching tours run from nearby Lerwick. Other popular tours in Shetland include tours to see otters, seals and whales.
This owner/agency has featured on countrycottagesonline.com since 2017
- Historical Property
- With Exposed Beams
- There is a specialist drying facility if you need to dry out door clothes and boots
Kitchen & Dining:
- Video or DVD
- Internet Access
- Coffee Maker
- Washing Machine
- Type of Cooker: Electric Cooker with Ceramic Hob , Main Oven and Grill
- Dining Table Seats: 8
Bathroom:Heating:Garden and Outdoors:
- 1 Double Bed(s)
- 2 Single Bed(s)
- Enclosed Garden
Owner's Website / Book Online
Book this cottage in Shetland direct with the owner or agency. For help with any questions or queries prior to booking we recommend you call the owner or email them.
The initial payment is a 20% non-refundable deposit and may be paid by credit card, cheque or bank transfer. The balance is payable no later than 30 days prior to the commencement of your let. If you are booking within 30 days of the start of your let, payment in full is required with your booking form.
The major attraction for most visitors are the remains of Scalloway Castle, the former living quarters of Earl Patrick Stewart. The Scalloway Museum is sited next to the Castle. A memorial to those involved in The Shetland Bus is located on the village's Main Street, opposite the Church of Scotland
Nearest Train Station or Airport: Sumburgh Airport
Recommended Places to Visit:
Annual Events: Scalloway Fire Festival - second Friday in January
Lerwick Up Helly Aa - last Tuesday in January
Shetland Folk Festival - last week of April
Classic Motor Show - first weekend in June
Shetland Nature Festival - first week of July
Fiddle Frenzy - first week in August
Shetland Boat Week - second week of August
ScreenPlay film Festival - last week in August
Shetland Wool Week - last week in September
Shetland Accordion & Fiddle Festival - first week of October
WordPlay - first week of November
Recommended Places to Eat Out: Scalloway Hotel - AA 2 Rosette
NAFC Marine Centre
Local Sports: Sailing, Golf, Sea and Loch Fishing, walking all available nearby
The village has an indoor swimming pool, with a four lane, 16.7m main pool; a shallow lagoon for toddlers; a whirlpool; and a steam room.