Big Five Bedroom Riverside Family Holiday Home near Peebles
With river views to enjoy from almost every room, an excellent location on the banks of the River Tweed just 2 miles from Peebles, 5 bedrooms and a garden where you can sit out and relax next to the river, the Mill House is a truly impressive large holiday house. Dating back to 1802, this converted watermill successfully combines character with modern comforts. Free Wifi
Family-friendly, the garden is fenced and there is a large playing field. Pets are welcome too (up to 2 well behaved dogs).
Beautiful Converted Watermill with River Views
Inside the roomy kitchen diner with its seating for 10 is very much the heart of the home and features French doors that lead out to the patio where you can sit out and look out over the river. The lounge with its big picture windows where you can look out to the river is a real treat too.
This is a tranquil, unspoilt location where you can enjoy relaxing in the garden and watching the river go by. Local wildlife you might be lucky enough to see include herons, ducks, kingfishers and otters.
Things to See and Do Close by
• Beautiful Kailzie Gardens are just a short walk away and are well worth a visit. The restaurant/cafe on site is open from April to October and there is an Osprey live webcam viewing centre.
• More beautiful gardens can be found at Dawyck Gardens, near Stobo, or Traquair House and Gardens, both of which are just a 15-minute drive.
• World class mountain biking facilities can be enjoyed at Glentress and Innerleithen.
• There is excellent walking country close by with the Pentlands, Moorfoot, Eildon and Manor Hills all nearby.
• There are a number of golf courses nearby.
• Horse riding/pony trekking is on offer locally.
• The charming historic town of Peebles is just 2 miles away with its shops, supermarkets and eateries.
• Scotland's capital city of Edinburgh is just over 30 minutes' drive away and with its castle and numerous attractions is not to be missed.
With a superb riverside location, just 2 miles from the heart of Peebles and so much on offer locally, this is a superb holiday house for the whole family.
If you want to check availability and pricing, please select “AVAILABILITY” from the toolbar along the top of the screen in our own website found via the "More Information" tab below.
This owner/agency has featured on countrycottagesonline.com since 2017
Book this cottage in Peeblesshire direct with the owner or agency. For help with any questions or queries prior to booking we recommend you call the owner or email them.
SLEEPS maximum 10 peopleLayout of the Accommodation at this Converted Watermill
On the Ground Floor:
• Spacious kitchen diner with doors that open out to the patio that looks out over the River Tweed
• Double bedroom with river views and patio doors.
• Utility room
• Loo.First Floor:
• Roomy lounge with large arched picture window overlooking the river
• Sitting room with double sofa bed and TV
• Shower roomTop Floor:
• Family bedroom with double bed and double sofa bed
• Bedroom with double bed plus cot
• Bedroom with children's bunk beds.
• Family bathroom.
- Salmon and trout fishing on the Tweed (by permit)
- 200-year-old Mill House not overlooked by, or attached to, any other property
- Excellent Riverside position
- Luxury garden table with six chairs
- Large playing field
- Children's toys, DVDs and books
- French doors to patio
- Reasonable Fuel usage included (not unlimited usage)
For availability, rates, online booking and Terms and Conditions, please access our own website by clicking on the Cottage Website link.
Good Housekeeping Deposit of £250 (Refundable see Terms and Conditions).
Dog Charge -£20 per dog (Maximum of 2 dogs).
Booking Fee of £30 if paying by card via Paypal. Bank transfer free.
Linen and towels, electricity and central heating included in rental price.
- Historical Property
- 200 year old former Water Mill with lots of character on the banks of the River Tweed
- Riverside setting
Kitchen & Dining:
- Video or DVD
- Internet Access
- Coffee Maker
- Washing Machine
- Type of Cooker: ◾5-burner Rangemaster gas hob with double electric oven
- Dining Table Seats: 10
- 2 Kingsize Bed(s)
- 1 Double Bed(s)
- 1 Sofabed(s)/Futon(s)
- 2 Bunk Bed(s)
- Bed Linen Provided
Heating:Garden and Outdoors:
- Power Shower
- Towels Provided
- Enclosed Garden
- The Mill House is on the banks of the River Tweed with river views from nearly every room and the upper and lower garden and patio. The house feels like it is in the countryside but is only 2 miles from the centre of Peebles.
Glentress Osprey Centre - 2 miles,
Kailzie Gardens nearby with restaurant/café and children's adventure area,
Traquair House - 3 miles,
Dawyck Gardens - 8 miles,
Spa days at Stobo Castle - 15 miles
Nearest Train Station or Airport: Tweedbank 22 miles, Edinburgh Airport
Recommended Places to Visit: There is a large library of brochures and suggestions for Places of Interest in the kitchen.
Recommended Places to Eat Out: Peebles is a culinary oasis with a great range of eating places.
Local Sports: Hill walking,
First-class mountain biking course 2 miles away at Glentress,
Downhill mountain biking course at Innerleithen - 4 miles,
Salmon and Trout fishing on the Tweed(by permit),
Golf at Peebles, Cadrona and Innerleithen,