Cottage Holidays in Corran, Highland, Scotland
Set right by the shores of Loch Linnhe, Corran is a picturesque little Scottish hamlet and a tranquil place for a self-catering break. Surrounded by hills, Loch Linnhe with its glittering waters and views out down towards the Glencoe Mountains makes for a striking and inspirational setting.
Facts about what Corran offers for Self-Catering Holidays
If you fancy eating out whilst on a self-catering break in this part of the Highlands, right by Loch Linnhe in Corran is the Inn hotel which has both a restaurant and a bar.
For those looking to get away from it all and marvel at the glory of nature this could be the place for you to holiday and if you enjoy getting out and exploring the great outdoors then Corran and the surrounding area will not disappoint.
Things to See and Do on a Cottage Holiday in Corran
- There are fantastic walks to enjoy in this part of Scotland with naturally beautiful scenery found all around. including lochside walks along the shores of Loch Linnhe in Corran and woodland walks in nearby Ariundle Oakwood Nature Reserve.
- For those who want to enjoy mountain biking, climbing, hiking, mountaineering and even skiing in season, you’ll want to head for Fort William and Ben Nevis. It’s only 9 miles to Fort William but the journey takes around 35 minutes as a ferry needs to be taken across Loch Linnhe.
- More outdoor activities can be enjoyed in the local area; you can hire a boat and head out on to Loch Doilet and it’s also possible to book fishing on one of the lochs or rivers around nearby Strontian. Strontian with its scenic setting next to Loch Sunart and its Tourist Information Office where you can get free information and advice is worth a visit and lies around 15 miles from Corran.
- This is fantastic star gazing country as there is little light pollution in this part of Scotland and you don’t even need to bring your telescope!
- For a fascinating day out, in the summer months only it’s possible to take a trip to the Isle of Mull and discover the brightly coloured seaside town of Tobermory. In the summertime, ferries run between Lochaline on the mainland over to Fishnish on the Isle of Mull. The crossing only takes around 20 minutes.
Whether you opt to rent a lodge or a countryside cottage, you may be lucky and manage to find a holiday house with water views in this part of Scotland. Whatever type of accommodation you choose to rent, we hope you find the perfect holiday home for you in or near to Corran in the Scottish Highlands on Country Cottages Online.
Featured Self catering country cottages near Corran, Highland, Scotland:
2 bedroom Log Cabin, Cairngorms National Park.
2 - 5
Wooden 2 bedroom holiday lodge nestled in the Cairngorms National Park close to Newtonmore, with a private hot tub and cosy interior, this is a relaxing Scottish holiday home.
Special features: outdoor hot tub.
|from 25 February to 27 February 20 from 03 March to 06 March 20|
7 bedroom Manor House, Scottish Highlands.
2 - 15
Roomy 7 bedroom country house in the Cairngorms National Park, featuring lovely mountain and country views, as well as fishing on the River Spey where guests can fish for trout and salmon.
Special features: free internet access, games room.
|from 25 February to 02 March 20 from 09 March to 13 March 20|
1 bedroom Romantic Retreat, Cairngorms National Park.
1 - 4
Romantic retreat on outskirts of Kingussie, ideal location for discovering the Cairngorms National Park.
Special features: free internet access.
|from 29 February to 07 March 20 from 14 March to 02 May 20|
1 bedroom Unusual Holiday Cottage, Scottish Cairngorms.
1 - 2
Perfect for a unique holiday in Scotland, the Signal Box will appeal to those looking to stay somewhere unusual with its wonderful mountain views of the Cairngorms and countryside vistas, this fantastic property promises a holiday to remember.
|from 04 April to 18 April 20 from 18 July to 01 August 20|
3 bedroom Cottage, Highlands.
1 - 6
This detached cottage is situated in the village of Whitebridge, within driving distance to Inverness in Scotland and it sleeps six people in three bedrooms.
|from 27 February to 11 April 20 from 25 April to 09 May 20|