Palmers - Whitby, Yorkshire, England
|01947 840263 or 07989 140464|
|Click here to email owner|
|Payment Options: cheque, bank transfer
Contact: Mrs. Karen Chadfield
Key Cottage InformationPrice range from £900 to £2000 per week
Number of units of accommodation: 1
Sleeps from 2 to 10 people in 4 bedrooms
Number of bathrooms: 3
Short Breaks: Yes - The minimum number of days for a short break is 2
Suitable for the disabled:
Children are welcome: Cot, High Chair available.
Pet Friendly: (4 dogs welcome)
Rating: Not assessed
The owner/agency for Palmers has been advertising with Country Cottages Online for more than 6 years. Read More
Welcoming 4 Bedroom Cottage with Sea Views from Terrace, just 1 mile from Runswick Bay and Staithes
Palmers is a lovely, luxurious 4 bedroom holiday home set in a peaceful and quiet location, (Port Mulgrave near Whitby and Runswick Bay) within the North York Moors National Park. This tastefully decorated Grade II listed property will act as a beautiful base for exploring some of the most wonderful Yorkshire countryside and coast. With both coastal and inland walks and footpaths you can easily explore the area on foot.
Palmers is our largest property and ideal for larger families or groups of friends and sleeps 8 (can sleep up to 10 by arrangement). Whether for a special celebration or a relaxing break, Palmers is a great place to stay. Originally built for the port and mine owner Sir Charles Palmer in 1857 it has been beautifully restored to retain many of its original features, for example, high ceilings with ornate covings and porch with coloured glass.
Inside this 4 Bedroom Yorkshire Coastal Cottage:
The property features two living areas; one sitting room with a wood-burner, Freeview TV and DVDs where you can relax and unwind and an open plan living area ideal for sociable living with its well-equipped kitchen/dining area with a double electric oven with grill, 8-hob gas burner, full size fridge/freezer and dishwasher, a dining area to seat 10 and a corner sofa with wall mounted TV. The double patio doors lead out onto a raised decking area complete with outdoor furniture for al-fresco dining and swing chairs where you can soak up those wonderful sea views and this area leads to the secure enclosed garden.
There are 4 very comfortable bedrooms (two bedrooms are on the ground floor; a master bedroom with a king-size bed and en-suite shower room, a double bedroom with a king-size sofa bed and TV, and upstairs are two further bedrooms; a king-size bedroom with en-suite bathroom and a family bedroom with a double bed and two single day beds along with beanbags and a TV for watching DVDs and playing on a PlayStation 3. Also on the first floor is a cloakroom with loo and basin. On the ground floor is a beautiful family bathroom with a stunning copper bath, separate walk-in shower and WC.
There is plenty of parking on site. Free WiFi broadband access.
Please visit our website (see the More Information section) to view more details and photos.
This owner/agency has featured on countrycottagesonline.com since 2011
- Historical Property
- Grade II listed property
- Large porch ideal for wet boots!
- Video or DVD
- Internet Access
- Laundry Facilities
- Type of Cooker: Traditional Aga and also additional electric cooker with 4 rings, grill and oven.
- Dining Table Seats: 10
- 2 Kingsize Bed(s)
- 2 Double Bed(s)
- 2 Single Bed(s)
- 1 Sofabed(s)/Futon(s)
- Bed Linen Provided
- Ensuite Bathroom
- Central Heating
- Wood Stove
- Enclosed Garden: Walled garden on kitchen side. Raised patio area. Views to the sea. Garden on opposite side and large turning circle at front all enclosed with a secure wall and railings.
- Views from the enclosed garden and front turning circle of the sea.
Please visit http://www.rosedalecottages.co.uk to find out more about the holiday cottage, amenities, surrounding area and places to visit in Yorkshire.
Whitby town centre with all its attractions including the Abbey, Heartbeat Country, North Yorkshire Steam Railway, Saltburn Victorian Pier, Ruswarp Pleasure boats, Mini Monsterz, Doodle Pots, Eden Camp, Flamingo Land, Castle Howard, Dalby Forrest and Go Ape, Helmsley Walled Garden, Ryedale Folk Museum, Sealife Centre, Scarborough, Skinningrove Mining Museum,
Nearest Train Station or Airport: Whitby railway station. Tees Valley Airport
Recommended Places to Visit: Castle Howard, Whitby, Scarborough, North Yorkshire Steam railway, Goathland/Grosmont, Pickering, Helmsley, Dalby Forest, Saltburn etc
Recommended Places to Eat Out: The Brown Cow, The Badger Hounds, The Ellerby, , The Fox and Hounds, The George Hotel, The Cod and Lobster, The Black Horse,
Local Sports: Walking, Horse riding, sea fishing, surfing.
The property is 9 miles outside of Whitby in the small hamlet of Port Mulgrave.
- » Weekend Cottage Breaks in York
- » Holiday cottages in Heartbeat Country, North Yorkshire Moors
- » Self-catering cottages and holiday accommodation, Barnsley, South Yorkshire, England
- » Self-catering cottages and holiday accommodation, Bawtry, South Yorkshire, England
- » Self-catering accommodation near Lightwater Valley theme park
- » Self-catering holiday accommodation Scarborough
- » Vacation rentals York
- » Self-catering accommodation near Hull in the East Riding of Yorkshire
- » Self-catering in northern England
- » Holiday cottages in Whitby
- » Self-catering cottage accommodation in Yorkshire
- » Holiday lets in the north of England
- » Winter breaks in Yorkshire in self-catering holiday cottages
- » Dog-friendly Cottage Holidays in the Yorkshire Dales
- » Country cottages and self-catering accommodation in Bridlington Yorkshire
- » Cottages where dogs are welcome in the north of England
- » Self-catering cottages northern England
- » Self-catering accommodation Yorkshire Dales
- » Holiday cottages and self-catering accommodation Humberside and Yorkshire
- » Holidays in Filey - Yorkshire
Similar English Country Cottages
River Bank Cottage England, Yorkshire, Whitby
Mel House Cottages England, Yorkshire, Pickering near Scarborough
Moors Edge Dogs-welcome Cottage, North York Moors & Coast England, Yorkshire, Rosedale Abbey
2 Corner Cottages, North York Moors & Coast England, Yorkshire, Cropton
1 Corner Cottages Dogs-welcome Cottage, North York Moors & Coast England, Yorkshire, Cropton
Wills Coastal Cottage England, Yorkshire, Redcar
Park Cottage at Cossington Park
Enjoy this May weekender in the Somerset Levels.
This special offer ends on 21-05-2017
Park House at Cossington Park
Spring Weekend Bargain! 2 nights in this beautiful house surrounded by stunning grounds.
This special offer ends on 21-05-2017
3 nights for up to 3 guests.
This special offer ends on 08-05-2017