Cottage Holidays in Thurlstone, Yorkshire, England
Surrounded by fields and greenery, although in South Yorkshire, Thurlstone with its close proximity to Derbyshire, offers ample Peak District charm. Traditionally a farming community, Thurlstone lies just 3 miles north east of the Peak District National Park, and as such is a great choice for a cottage holiday for holidaymakers who want to spend time exploring the great outdoors and the many attractions of the Peak District on holiday.
Information on Cottage Holidays in Thurlstone
- There are so many great footpaths and hikes in this part of England, as well as pretty villages and towns to discover, the main challenge may be fitting them all in.
- Close to Thurlstone is Scout Dike Reservoir where you can walk around this scenic man-made lake by the foothills of the Pennines. Another beauty spot worth a visit, not too far away is Folly Dolly falls.
- Offering tea rooms, country inns and some spectacular vistas nearby, the village of Hathersage is around 20 miles from Thurlstone and well worth a visit.
- For those who enjoy visiting historical attractions on holiday, the village of Thurlstone is only around 7 miles from Wentworth Castle and Gardens, and the grand and fascinating Chatsworth House which lies within beautifully landscaped grounds is only around an hour’s drive from Thurlstone.
- For more great walks and good bike routes, the Hope Valley is around 40 minutes’ drive from Thurlstone.
With so many outdoor activities on offer in this part of Northern England, renting a barn conversion or a holiday cottage with a hot tub can make perfect sense so that you can relax and rejuvenate at your home from home after a busy day’s exploring.
Book a Thurlstone cottage and look forward to discovering some of the best of Yorkshire on holiday.