Unique Sleeps 12 Holiday House in Pickering
Looking to stay in a unique and memorable holiday home close to the North York Moors National Park? High Mill House with its lovely historical features, its excellent location next to the North York Moors railway where you can watch steam trains slowly go past and close proximity to Pickering Castle and the centre of Pickering make this a truly unique and appealing holiday home. With 4 bedrooms, this historic property comfortably sleeps up to 12 people. Whether for a getaway with friends or family, for a holiday to remember in North Yorkshire, High Mill House could be perfect.
Inside High Mill House has retained beautiful Victorian features and has been updated to offer comfortable beautifully presented 21st century self-catering holiday accommodation. Most of the rooms feature superb railway views.
On the ground floor is the lounge with leather sofas, warming woodburner and TV/DVD, a well equipped kitchen/diner with TV, dishwasher, microwave, hob and two electric ovens and fridge/freezer. Also on the ground floor is a wet-room style shower room with WC and a utility room with washing machine and dryer. There is also a conservatory where you can sit back relax and enjoy views out to the mature garden and railway.
On the first floor are 4 en-suite bedrooms:
• One family bedroom with 3 single beds.
• A family bedroom with a double bed and single bed.
On the second floor are 2 further en-suite bedrooms:
• A family bedroom with a double bed and a single bed.
• A bedroom with 3 single beds.
Outside is a sheltered south facing garden with patio area, outdoor seating and BBQ where you can sit out and enjoy this unique location.
If you are fed up of run of the mill accommodation then this place could be a great choice. Go on stay somewhere special and truly memorable this year!
Great Location for Exploring Pickering and the North York Moors National Park
With a location just a short walk from the heart of Pickering, High Mill House is well situated for discovering the restaurants, pubs and shops of Pickering. For those who love to explore the great outdoors, the stunning scenery of the North York Moors National Park is just a few miles away. Nearby Dalby Forest is popular for its cycling and walking trails and is another scenic area to discover. It’s easy to visit the coast too on days out with popular coastal towns like Scarborough and Whitby around 30 minutes’ drive away.
This owner/agency has featured on countrycottagesonline.com since 2018
As a family run business, with the owners living next door, guests often comment on the friendly, warm and helpful greeting and attention to detail. Assistance and advice is always available on request, but you are otherwise left to your own devices.
Please visit http://highmillpickering.co.uk to find out more about the holiday cottage, amenities, surrounding area and places to visit in Yorkshire.
1. When booking, 30% of the total charge is payable as a deposit, receipt of which will confirm the booking. Payment of the deposit means you and all members of your party agree to our terms and conditions. 2. Balance becomes payable 8 weeks before arrival day. 3. Bookings made within 8 weeks of arrival date must be accompanied by full payment. 4. In the event of cancellation, please telephone immediately, when every effort will be made to re-let. If we are unable to re-let the house you will be liable for the full amount of the booking. If the house is re-let you will receive a refund less 10% of full amount, for administration. You are strongly advised to take out holiday cancellation insurance. 5. The number or people occupying the house MUST NOT EXCEED those booked. The proprietors must be made aware of any changes to the composition of your party, in writing, prior to your arrival. High Mill reserve the right to refuse entry to the entire party if this condition is not observed. 6. Bookings are from 3.30pm on the day to arrival to 10.00am on the day of departure. On departure please leave the property clean and tidy and in a similar condition as you found it on arrival. 7. The house is strictly `NO SMOKING`. This includes leaning out of a door or window to smoke. 8. Customer`s pets, or those of any visitors, are not permitted on the premises. 9. It is your responsibility to supervise children at all times when in garden area. This is due to the proximity of a working steam railway and the mill leat. 10. We can accept no liability for any accident, injury, loss or damage sustained by any resident, their accompanying friends and family, visitor’s vehicles or personal effects, however caused. 11. We ask that proper care is taken of the property. Accidental damage or breakages of a minor nature will not normally be charged but the occupier will be liable for any damage over £10. 12. There must be no burning of candles inside the property. 13. When you book online you will receive an automatic booking summary via email. However, no contract between us will arise until High Mill Pickering confirms the booking.
Many and varied, from fine old houses like Castle Howard and Nunnington Hall to Flamingo Land for the younger taste. A host of pleasant Yorkshire market towns with unique and individual shops, galleries and arts venues. Nearby Malton has built a reputation as the food capital of Yorkshire, with regular foodie events. Swimming pool and sports centre both located in Pickering.
Nearest Train Station or Airport: Malton
Recommended Places to Visit: Whitby and other stations along the railway, including Goathland (Aidensfield from Heartbeat). York, Scarborough, Flamingo Land, Eden Camp, Filey, Bempton cliffs and RSPB reserve, Castle Howard.
Annual Events: Spring and autumn steam galas on the NYMR. October 1940's weekend in Pickering. July 1960s weekend (check NYMR or Welcome to Pickering websites for dates). Malton food festival in May. Tour de Yorkshire professional cycle race, Mayday bank holiday weekend. Open Studios (arts) early June. Whitby goth weekend in late April.
Recommended Places to Eat Out: Bay Horse, Black Swan, White Swan pubs in Pickering. Willowgate Bistro and Figaro's Italian. Three good indian restaurants and one Cantonese. Cedar Barn just outside Pickering. For Michelin starred cuisine, Star Inn at Harome and Black Swan at Oldstead near Coxwold.
Local Sports: Excellent central location for cycling, including Dalby Forest MTB trails and walking in the wilderness of the North York Moors National Park and spectacular coastal scenery. Also an area well known for horse riding.
Pickering near Scarborough
Pleasant rural North Yorkshire market town on the southern fringe of the National Park, renowned for the North Yorkshire Moors Railway, wall paintings in the parish church and association with artist Rex Whistler.