Cottages to rent for self-catering breaks in Kirkby Malham, Yorkshire, England
Tucked away in a peaceful corner of the Yorkshire Dales National Park is the rural village of Kirkby Malham.
Advice on Cottage Holidays in Kirkby Malham
Very much a traditional countryside village, Kirkby Malham is a delightful place to visit and makes for a great place to stay in an apartment or holiday house, thanks to its peaceful location and its convenient access to larger nearby towns.
What Kirkby Malham Offers Holidaymakers
• When staying in this village there are plenty of places to visit just a short drive away. The village is located within one of the country’s top national parks, so there’s no shortage of things to do.
• The Yorkshire Dales National Park is characterised by its windswept landscapes, quaint villages and its impressive collection of historic buildings. Well known for its stunning natural scenery, it’s a great place to visit if you’re into outdoor pursuits, with fishing, golf, horse riding, rambling, hiking and cycling just some of the many activities on offer here.
• Undoubtedly the best known attraction close to Kirkby Malham has to be Malham Cove, home to the iconic ‘limestone pavement’ which is found high up, around 260 feet up in National Trust land. This landscape is popular with walkers, hikers and even abseilers, but take note you need a head for heights!
• Close to Kirkby Malham is the market town of Skipton, whose many independent shops attract many a tourist, not to mention quite a few people from nearby towns.
• Just over half an hour’s drive from Kirkby Malham is the Forest of Bowland, an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty known for its dramatic landscapes and its many charming stone villages, some of which date back as many as three millennia. It’s a great place to visit if you’re interested in discovering wildlife and seeing some of the country’s most spectacular natural scenery.
Choose the Best Holiday Accommodation for you in Kirkby Malham
Whatever type of self-catering accommodation you choose for you trip to Kirkby Malham, you’re sure to have a wonderful time. Rent a cottage in the countryside for a rural feel or find an apartment within the heart of the village, the choice is yours. Make the most of your stay and enjoy discovering both what this Yorkshire village itself and the surrounding area have to offer on a self-catering break.
Book a Kirkby Malham cottage and look forward to discovering some of the best of Yorkshire on holiday.