Malt Cottage - Nayland near Colchester, Suffolk, England
|01787 211 115 or|
|Click here to email owner|
|Payment Options: cheque, bank transfer, credit card
Contact: Mark @ the Grove Cottages
Key Cottage InformationPrice range from £508 to £1010 per week
Number of units of accommodation: 1
Sleeps from 1 to 4 people in 2 bedrooms
Number of bathrooms: 2
Short Breaks: Yes - The minimum number of days for a short break is 2
Suitable for the disabled:
Children are welcome: Cot, High Chair available.
Pet Friendly: (2 dogs welcome)
The owner/agency for Malt Cottage has been advertising with Country Cottages Online for more than 13 years. Read More
The lounge features well placed seating where you can relax by an open fire whilst the kitchen dining room and study benefit from great natural light, and doors open up and flow out to the beautiful patio and enclosed private garden.
The two double bedrooms are utterly charming. One bedroom is fit for a Princess with a vaulted arched ceiling, romantic Canopy Style bed and French antiques, whereas the other bedroom features an antique Wedding arch wall hanging and can be made up as a twin on request. The bathroom features a lovely roll top bath and there is also a wet room downstairs. This property is beautifully furnished throughout with antique furnishings.
Situated within the pretty village of Nayland, there is a great riverside pub within walking distance of the property and this area is set by stunning countryside where fantastic walks can be enjoyed by the River Stour, along the Pilgrims Way and within the Dedham Vale Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.
Guests are greeted with a free welcome pack with the ingredients for a good old fashioned English breakfast, plus milk and fresh local bread.
This owner/agency has featured on countrycottagesonline.com since 2003
- Historical Property
- 15th Century Hall House
- With Exposed Beams
- Video or DVD
- Internet Access
- Coffee Maker
- Laundry Facilities
- Type of Cooker: Range Cooker - Electric
- Dining Table Seats: 6
- 2 Kingsize Bed(s)
- Bed Linen Provided
- Power Shower
- Towels Provided
- Central Heating
- Open Fire
- Enclosed Garden: Enclosed but not dog proofed
- Very pretty cottage garden with sun all day
Please visit the owner's website to find out more about the holiday cottage, amenities, surrounding area and places to visit in Suffolk.
£100 Deposit secures booking
Nayland is situated just 7 miles from Colchester. All around is the stunning countryside of the Dedham Vale Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. The pretty village of Dedham is well worth a visit as is the stunning landscape of Constable Country.
Nearest Train Station or Airport: Stansted Airport 45 minutes. Colchester mainline station to London (50 Minutes) 12 minutes
Recommended Places to Visit: Lavenham England's best preserved Medieval Village, Long Melford a busy Medieval Village with 2 stately homes and where the TV series Lovejoys was based. Dedham Vale which is Constable Country and where John Constable painted 'The Haywain' Bury St Edmunds a Historic Market Town with very interesting Abbey and a pedestrian old center, the Suffolk and Essex coast for walks, Dunwich, Sutton Hoo, Orford, Aldeburgh, Minsmere, sailing and fishing.
Recommended Places to Eat Out: The Crown Stoke by Nayland: an award winning Gastro Pub, The Anchor Nayland : a very good Gastro pub on the river bank. The Angel Stoke by Nayland: a good Gastro pub. The Case Restaurant Assington and very many more within a 15 minute drive
Local Sports: Cycling; Bikes are provided on-site and The South Suffolk Cycle Route runs past the cottage, lovely walking along The Pilgrims Way through a designated Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty along the river Stour.
Unspoilt Medieval Village on the banks of the River Stour, the village has 4 shops including a post office and an excellent butchers and there is a lovely riverside pub offering excelent local beers and very good food. There are a number of walks from the village into the surrounding countryside which is designated an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty including my favourite up the Pilgrims Way to Stoke by Nayland where there are a further 2 excellent Gastro pubs one of which has won awards for being the best pub in England with a wine cellar. This beautiful little village has one of the oldest recorded streets in England and is where Malt Cottage is located.
- » Pet-friendly self-catering holiday cottages in Suffolk
- » Luxury cottages for 2 in Suffolk
- » Self-catering holiday accommodation in or near Bury St. Edmunds, Suffolk
- » Thatched country cottages in Suffolk for self-catering holidays
- » Cottage holidays Suffolk
- » Cottages in Suffolk for holidays and weekend retreats
- » Beautiful cottages in Suffolk for self-catering holidays and weekend breaks in the country
- » Self-catering holiday accommodation in Suffolk England near golf courses
- » Luxury country cottages in Suffolk
- » Country cottages in Southwold, Suffolk, for self-catering holidays by the sea
- » Cottages in Suffolk for a fascinating glimpse of historic Britain
- » Self-catering holiday cottages - Woodbridge, Suffolk
- » Cottage in Suffolk to accommodate 2 to 3 people for a self-catering holiday or weekend break
- » Self-catering short break holidays in Suffolk, England
- » Country cottages with an inglenook or open fire in Suffolk
- » Self-catering holidays in Suffolk : rent a cottage or house
- » Self-catering holiday accommodation in Suffolk available for long winter lets
- » Self-catering cottage accommodation in Suffolk
- » Self-catering holiday accommodation in Suffolk with facilities for families with young children
- » Seaside cottages in Suffolk for self-catering holidays
Similar English Country Cottages
Cobblers Cottage England, Suffolk, Nayland, Colchester
Gladwins Farm England, Suffolk, Nayland, Colchester
Gabriels Place England, Suffolk, Walsham le Willows
The Old Forge England, Suffolk, Boxford
Angel Cottage England, Suffolk, Boxford
Wren Cottage England, Suffolk, Wickham Market
The Lawns Luxury Apartment in Devon
THE LAWNS LARGE SOUTH FACING APARTMENT SET ON TWO FLOORS WITHIN 28 ACREAS OF STUNNING GROUNDS AND FACILITIES MAY OFFER ONLY.
This special offer ends on 27-05-2017
Fabulous log cabin with private outdoor spa hot tub under cover - great peaceful location close the lake and busy village with plenty of bars & restaurants call 07725819384 now for special offers 2 nights from £325 .
This special offer ends on 04-05-2017
Luxury break with private hot tub - lovely detached apartment with sunny balcony in great location close to busy village - 2 nights £260 3 night £360 call 07725819384 now.
This special offer ends on 26-05-2017