Large Group Accommodation close to Shaftesbury
Looking for an impressive large country house to rent in Dorset for a getaway with friends or family? Whether for a special occasion like a birthday celebration, an anniversary party or for a big family getaway, Compton Nest with its idyllic setting in the unspoilt Dorset countryside just 4 miles from Shaftesbury is bound to impress.
8 Bedroom Country House near Shaftesbury sleeping up to 18 People
With a comfortable yet stylish interior, Compton Nest is a great place to relax, unwind and enjoy good times with friends or family. With spacious rooms, this property is ideal for large group self-catering. There are two lounges; one large library with a warming open fire and french doors on three sides offering lush garden views and a roomy snug where guests can watch TV and relax by the woodburner. The huge kitchen makes for easy self-catering and features a dining table to seat up to 16 people where you can dine together and celebrate those special occasions.
There are 8 comfortable bedrooms:
• A large double bedroom on the ground floor with a WC opposite.
• A wheelchair friendly ground floor bedroom with 3 single beds, complete with en-suite wet room with shower seat.
• A family bedroom with 3 single beds
• A twin bedroom
• A family bedroom with 4 single beds.
• A twin bedroom
• A king-size bedroom with an en-suite bathroom.
• A romantic bedroom with a king-size four poster bed and steep stairs which lead to a mezzanine bed (not suitable for young children), plus an en-suite loo.
There are also two family bathrooms on the first floor.
Outside there are 3 acres of gardens to enjoy, as well as outdoor table tennis to keep groups of friends and family entertained. Outdoor dining can be enjoyed in summer time.
A Hot Tub is being installed in January 2018 and WiFi
is also coming soon!
This house is still being prepared for self-catering, so details are currently provisional, please check before booking.
This owner/agency has featured on countrycottagesonline.com since 2011
Our T&Cs apply please see our website
Entertainment Facilities:Kitchen & Dining:
- Historical Property
- please ask
- With Exposed Beams
- Huge libabry with french doors on three sides with wonderful views. large open fire and secret door.
- Coffee Maker
- Type of Cooker: Aga cooker with 4 ovens plus an electric oven and hobs
- Dining Table Seats: 16
- 1 Superking Bed(s)
- 2 Queensize Bed(s)
- 14 Single Bed(s)
- 1 Sofabed(s)/Futon(s)
- Romantic Four Poster Bed
- Bed Linen Provided
- Ensuite Bathroom
- Power Shower
- Jacuzzi Bath
Garden and Outdoors:
- Central Heating
- Open Fire
- Wood Stove
- Garden: 2 acres of beautiful gardens
- The front of the house has lovely views over the gardens and countryside views out to the cranborne chase. frequent fly pasts of vintage aircraft and aerobatic displays from nearby tiny private airfield
Montacute House (NT) Tintinhull House (NT) Haynes motor museum, sherborne castles and abbey, Stourhead (NT) Hauser and Wirth gallery and restaurant, Cadbury Castle, Stonehenge, Longleat, Bath, Jurassic Coast, Hambledon Hill.
Nearest Train Station or Airport: Stations at Castle Cary, Sherborne or Yeovil depending on where you're coming from. Airports at Bristol, Southampton, Heathrow and Bournemouth
Recommended Places to Visit: Stonehenge, Bath, jurassic Coast,
Recommended Places to Eat Out: Village Pub, the Fontmell in Fontmell Magna, grosvenor Arms, Guy Ritchies King John Inn, Pythouse walled Garden, the Museum Inn.
Local Sports: We can provide lots of activities at the house like craft classes, archery dance etc.