Large 9 Bedroom Country House near Dartmoor
Set in its own gardens and grounds close to Dartmoor National Park, Western House is an attractive 9 bedroom, 7 bathroom country house which sleeps up to 18 people in comfort and style. Up to 4 dogs are welcome by arrangement. When booked with the annexe flat and an additional detached annexe, the property can sleep up to 25 people.Features of this 9 bedroom Country House include:
• Spacious elegant rooms.
• Large dining room which seats 22, ideal for celebrating special occasions.
• Large indoor heated swimming pool
with outdoor sundeck.
• Games room with ¾ size snooker table, table football plus toys and games.
• A total of 6 TVs within the property.
• A beautiful setting close to Dartmoor and just half an hour's drive from the coast and the charming seaside towns of Torquay
Layout of the Accommodation at Western House
• A spacious drawing room/lounge with large comfy sofas, TV, warming woodburner and garden views.
• A morning room, ideal for playing cards.
• A very large well equipped kitchen with AGA.
• A roomy utility room with American style fridge/freezer, 2 dishwashers and wine fridges. Laundry room with washing machine and tumble dryer.
• A snug with comfy seating and Playstation 3.
Layout of the Bedrooms at Western House
With use of the Annexes; Garden Shed and Flat, this high quality property sleeps up to 25 people.
Within the main house there are 7 individually styled bedrooms, plus 2 bedrooms in the Annexe flat:
• African room
with double bed (and use of family bathroom adjacent).
• Antoinette room
, a light and airy room with garden views and a 6’ super-king size bed (this zip and link bed can be made up as two singles if required), complete with en-suite bathroom with rolltop bath, separate shower, sink and WC.
• Sunflower room
; with 6’ super-king size bed (this zip and link bed can be made up as two singles if required) plus en-suite bathroom with bath (plus shower over), sink and WC.
• Dragon Fly Room
, a single room with use of family bathroom opposite.
• The French Room
, this beautifully decorated blue and cream room, features an ornamental fireplace, a 5’ king-size bed and use of adjacent family bathroom.
• The Dorm Room
; this area features 2 bedrooms which inter-link (one with 3 single beds, a sofa bed (can sleep 2 children or 1 adult), a TV and leads through to an area with a super king sized bed (zip and link so can be arranged as two singles). This suite has access to a bathroom (with bath, shower, sink and WC). Annexe Accommodation:
The Flat features:
• An open plan living area with sofa, double put-up day bed, kitchen with dining area, double bedroom, twin bedroom and family bathroom.The Detached Garden Shed 1 & 2 features:
• This accommodation is at ground floor level, is detached and features two double bedrooms (each with an en-suite wet room).
Outside this Large Country House:
• Western House is set within generous enclosed lawns and gardens which feature a large pond complete with island for resident ducks.
Outdoors is where you will find the sun terrace and outdoor dining area. Also outdoors is a lovely covered dining area set under a gazebo, as well as 2 gas BBQs. The large wooden children's playhouse is ideal for keeping younger guests entertained.
This owner/agency has featured on countrycottagesonline.com since 2018
- The laundry room, has good drying facilities.
Aga keeps the kitchen warm.
breakfast area in the main kitchen
seperate Dining room.
seperate Drawing room with 3/4 grand piano, Snug and Morning room.
Kitchen & Dining:
- Video or DVD
- Internet Access
- Coffee Maker
- Washing Machine
- Tumble Dryer
- Type of Cooker: 4 oven Aga and Electric Double Oven
- Dining Table Seats: 22
- 3 Superking Bed(s)
- 3 Kingsize Bed(s)
- 1 Double Bed(s)
- 4 Single Bed(s)
- 1 Sofabed(s)/Futon(s)
- 1 Z Bed(s)
- Bed Linen Provided
- Ensuite Bathroom
- Power Shower
- Towels Provided
- Hairdryers (3)
Garden and Outdoors:
- Central Heating
- Open Fire
- Wood Stove
- Enclosed Garden: Very large secluded garden with sun deck, gazebo, BBQ's and Terracing.
- Games Room: 3/4 size Snooker Table with Pool Balls, Cues and Chalk. Also equipped with a variety of family friendly games, comfortable sofas and a selection of books.
Please visit http://www.westernhousedevon.co.uk to find out more about the holiday cottage, amenities,
surrounding area and places to visit in Devon.
40% non-refundable deposit. Balance due 8 weeks before stay date. Security Deposit £500 on arrival.
Greenway, Agatha Christie's Holiday Home
Dartmoor National Park
Buckfastleigh Otter and Butterfly Farm
South Devon Steam Railway
House of Marbles
and many many more
Nearest Train Station or Airport: Newton Abbot Railway Station
Exeter International Airport
Recommended Places to Visit: Bigbury on Sea and Burgh Island, famous for its Art Deco Hotel
The English Riviera, comprising of Torquay, Paignton, and the historic fishing port of Brixham
Recommended Places to Eat Out: The Welcome Stranger at nearby Liverton
The Rugglestone Inn at Widecombe in the Moor
Local Sports: Walking, Horse Riding, Clay Shooting, Golf, Rambling, Cycling