Arosfa - Friog, Gwynedd, WalesAdd to Favourites
|01686 688034 or 07913316053|
|Click here to email owner|
|Payment Options: cheque, bank transfer, credit card
Contact: Mrs. Sandra Ward
Key Cottage InformationPrice range from £290 to £390 per week
Number of units of accommodation: 1
Sleeps from 4 to 5 people in 2 bedrooms
Number of bathrooms: 1
Short Breaks: Yes - The minimum number of days for a short break is 3
Suitable for the disabled:
Children are welcome: Cot available.
Pet Friendly: (1 dog welcome)
Rating: Not assessed
The owner/agency for Arosfa has been advertising with Country Cottages Online for less than 1 year. Read More
Charming 2 Bedroom Cottage in Coastal Snowdonia
Sleeping up to 5 people in homely and comfortable accommodation, Arosfa is a welcoming pet-friendly holiday cottage offering ample character and charm, along with fantastic views out towards the mountain scenery of Snowdonia National Park. The cottage also benefits from an excellent location less than 5 minutes walk from the seaside.
Discover some of the Best of Coastal Snowdonia on a Cottage Break
There is a local sandy beach at Friog within walking distance and the property is located by the Wales Coastal Path and close to Cycle Path 8 (cycle along the sea wall, by a scenic river near Dolgellau and through a tranquil RSPB Nature Reserve by Penmaenpool). You can also visit the mountain of Cader Idris close to the cottage and discover some of the best sights of Snowdonia National Park on days out.
Within this lovely family-friendly cottage there is a charming lounge complete with inglenook fireplace where you can sit back and relax by the glow of the fire. The lounge also has a dining area. The galley kitchen is well equipped for easy self-catering. Upstairs are two very comfortable bedrooms (one double bedroom and a family bedroom with a double bed and bunk beds ( a travel cot is available if required, please bring bedding for cot). A family bathroom completes the accommodation.
Outside to the front of the property there is a small sunny patio area where you can sit out and enjoy a morning coffee or glass of wine in the evening and enjoy the fantastic setting.
This is a fantastic base for a holiday in Snowdonia where you can discover some of the best of this area's scenery both inland and by the coast.
This owner/agency has featured on countrycottagesonline.com since 2016
- Historical Property
- 300 year old miner's cottage
- With Exposed Beams
- Video or DVD
- Type of Cooker: Full size, new electric
- Dining Table Seats: 5
- 2 Double Bed(s)
- 1 Bunk Bed(s)
- Bed Linen Provided
- Central Heating
- Enclosed Garden
- Views of the Mawddwy estuary and the mountains of southern Snowdonia.
Please contact us for availability, prices and bookings
|Pricing period||First night||Last night||Weekly rate||Changeover day||Min Stay & Short Breaks Information||Short Break Nightly Rate|
|Weekday From||Weekend From|
|Low season||09 Jan 2017||01 Mar 2017||290.00 GBP||flexible||Weekends and Mid Weeks||75 GBP||80 GBP|
|High season||02 Mar 2017||30 Sep 2017||390.00 GBP||flexible||Weekends and Mid Weeks||75 GBP||80 GBP|
Fairbourne and Talyllyn narrow gauge steam railways within easy distance. Walking up Cadair Idris and Rhinog mountains. Frequent dolphin sightings in Cardigan Bay. Sea fishing trips from Barmouth. Barmouth also has a fairground and many seaside attractions.
Nearest Train Station or Airport: Fairbourne
Recommended Places to Visit: Tallyllyn narrow gauge steam Railway. Criccieth Castle and Porthmadog - gold mines and slate quarries; Corris craft centre.
Recommended Places to Eat Out: Renowned Indian restaurant 1/2 mile, plus deli and restaurants.
Local Sports: Large stables and horse riding / pony trekking in village. Lovely walks from the cottage to the Blue Lake and RSPB nature reserve . Safe bathing 4 minutes.
Friog is a hamlet 1/2 mile from Fairbourne. Fairbourne has a small range of shops; a launderette and a renowned Indian restaurant. There is also the famous miniature steam railway, a small golf course and a number of eating places. From the main line railway station you can travel north to the Lleyn Peninsula or south to Tywyn and the narrow gauge Tallyllyn Railway.
- » Self-catering holiday accommodation in Llanrwst, Gwynedd, north Wales
- » Holiday cottages and self-catering rentals in Llanbedr north Wales
- » Holiday cottages near Porthmadog, in Gwynedd, north Wales
- » Holiday cottages north Wales
- » Holiday cottages and self-catering in Llanberis, north Wales
- » Holiday cottages and self-catering in Betws-y-Coed, Gwynedd, north Wales
- » Self-catering holiday accommodation in Portmeirion, Gwynedd, north Wales
- » Self-catering holiday accommodation in Abergele, Gwynedd
- » Self-catering holiday accommodation in Caernarfon, Gwynedd, north Wales
- » Self-catering holiday cottage accommodation in Pwllheli, Gwynedd, north Wales
- » Self-catering holiday accommodation in Gellilydan, Gwynedd, north Wales
- » Self-catering holiday accommodation in Abersoch, Gwynedd
- » Self-catering holiday cottage accommodation in Holyhead, Gwynedd, north Wales
- » Holiday cottages and self-catering holidays in Morfa Nefyn, north Wales
- » Self-catering holiday accommodation in Penrhyndeudraeth, Gwynedd, north Wales
- » Self-catering holiday accommodation in Ganllwyd, Gwynedd, north Wales
- » Self-catering holiday accommodation in Arthog, Gwynedd
- » Holiday cottages and self-catering rentals in Blaenau Ffestiniog north Wales
- » Self-catering holiday accommodation in Bangor, Gwynedd
- » Self-catering holiday cottage accommodation in Conwy, Gwynedd, north Wales
Similar Welsh Country Cottages
Tan Yr Allt Dog-Friendly Cottage Wales, Gwynedd, Barmouth
Llanfendigaid Wales, Gwynedd, Aberdyfi
The Cow Shed Wales, Gwynedd, Aberdyfi
Stable Cottage Wales, Gwynedd, Aberdyfi
Dove Cottage Wales, Gwynedd, Aberdyfi
Bay View Beach Cottage, North Wales Wales, Gwynedd, Aberdovey