Self-catering accommodation in Northamptonshire
Northamptonshire is a mainly rural county with gently undulating countryside in the heart of England, lying mid-way between London and the Midlands. There are plenty of rivers and canals, including the Grand Union Canal where you can walk along tow paths and admire the brightly coloured canal boats or feed the swans. There are numerous places for angling enthusiasts to fish, safe places to cycle and walk and an ideal place to book a holiday cottage to use as a base whilst you explore the heart of England.
The main city is Northampton, a market town of over 200,000 inhabitants, and worth visiting to view the magnificent buildings of the Victorian Gothic former Guildhall in Northampton's market square, now county council offices, All Saints Church and other historic buidlings. There is a good shopping centre, a daily market and plenty of places to eat out.
Visitor attractions in Northamptonshire:
Billing aquadrome - a large park with fishing lakes and leisure facilities for daily visitors and people with holiday homes
Grand Union Canal for walks and boating
Gardens: Coton Manor Garden
Find somewhere to stay in Northamptonshire
How to get to Northamptonshire
The M1 Motorway runs through Northamptonshire bearing heavy traffic north to south. It is a very pleasant place to visit for holidays, sports activities and weekend breaks. There are several airports under an hour's drive away.
There are pretty towns and village to visit throughout the county for pleasant walks and places of interest. They include the following:
Althorp - seat of the home of Earl of Spencer, where Princess Diana is buried
Corby - an industrial town which suffered in the collapse of the steel industry in the 1980s
Coton - for Coton Manor Garden and tea shop
Silverstone - known for motor racing
Staverton on edge of Daventry, with golf course
Welton - 2.6 miles north of Daventry
- » Pet-friendly self-catering holiday cottages in Suffolk
- » Self-catering accommodation - Netley, Hampshire
- » Self-catering cottages and holiday accommodation in Northallerton, North Yorkshire, England
- » Country cottage accommodation near Whitby Yorkshire
- » Self-catering holiday accommodation with an outdoor hot tub or spa in Scotland
- » Holiday cottages near a beach in Devon
- » Pet-friendly cottages with a wet room
- » Self-catering holiday accommodation in Mevagissey, Cornwall
- » Self-catering Essex - cottage holidays in Essex
- » Self-catering cottages and holiday accommodation Billericay, Essex
Station House and Murmur Aeron
Offer details - Enjoy Christmas or New Year week at Station House, arriving on Friday 20th Dec or Fri 27th Dec for 7 nights for only £382 (was £415), Short breaks also possible (min 3 nights) We will ...
This special offer ends on 20-12-2013
Stable Cottage @ Hill Farm
Enjoy a last minute luxury Christmas break for 2 nights,2 guests. Please email for quote for larger group
This special offer ends on 15-12-2013