Self catering accommodation near Battlesbridge Antiques Centre in Essex
Book self catering accommodation near Battlesbridge Antiques Centre in Essex for days out enjoying looking for antiques in the various antique shops in the converted mill and surrounding specialist antique dealers. Battlesbridge is a small village with a railway station on a branch of the London Liverpool Street to Southend Victoria line. The connecting station is Wickford, about 4 miles away from Battlesbridge.
Battlesbridge is a good base for a holiday in Essex, the village itself is fairly quiet with a couple of good food pubs and many more in neighbouring Wickford, South Woodham Ferrers and Hullbridge. There are numerous places of interest to visit nearby. South Woodham Ferrers has two visitor attractions; an open farm with lots of outdoor and indoor activities for children and one of the best gift shops in the area, and a butterfly farm with a pets corner and mini zoo. RHS Hyde Hall is also within 5 miles for gardens to visit. All of these attractions offer their own tea rooms.
This area is blessed with garden centres - there are at least 6 within an 8 mile radius.
Hanningfield Reservoir is a good place for hiring a boat and fishing for trout. There is also a restaurant and woodland walks. The bluebells are a treat at the beginning of May.
The seaside is less than half an hour's drive away at Southend-on-Sea and Leigh-on-Sea.
Open air concerts are held in Maldon and Chelmsford every summer. It's actually a great area for a self catering holiday with lots of places to visit, excellent shopping and plenty of outdoor activities.
1 bedroom House, East Anglia.
Well presented holiday cottage sleeping 2 in the pleasant town of South Woodham Ferrers, with riverside walks available near by as well as good train links in to London.
Special features: free internet access.
Sleeps from 1 to 2 people in 1 bedrooms
Number of bathrooms: 1
Pet Friendly: No
Rating: Not assessed
- » Self-catering Essex - cottage holidays in Essex
- » Self-catering and holiday cottage accommodation Waltham Abbey, Essex
- » Self-catering holiday accommodation in Essex England near golf courses
- » Self catering cottages and lodges in the south east
- » Holiday cottages and apartments close to or in Frinton on Sea, Essex
- » Self-catering and holiday cottage accommodation Brentwood, Essex
- » Self-catering holiday accommodation in Essex available for long lets
- » Self-catering near South Woodham Ferrers Essex: cottages, houses, apartments
- » Holiday cottages in Clacton-on-Sea, Essex
- » Self-catering cottages and holiday accommodation Benfleet, Essex