Duckpond Cottage - Alcester, Warwickshire, England
|add to shortlist|
Number of units of accommodation: 1
Sleeps from 5 to 7 people in 3 bedrooms
Number of bathrooms: 1
Short Breaks: Yes - The minimum number of days for a short break is 4
Suitable for the disabled:
Children are welcome:
Duckpond Cottage is a lovely converted barn retaining the original exposed beams. There is a large lawned garden with seating and picnic area and extensive views across open hills. Duckpond Cottage is in a farm courtyard of 10 converted holiday cottages (Glebe Farm Cottages) in the quiet village of Exhall, located just 10 mins from Shakespeare's Straford-upon-Avon, 40 mins from the N.E.C in Birmingham and 25 mins from Broadway in the beautiful Cotswold Hills.
Parts of the farmhouse date back to Tudor times and for centuries it was the home of the local clergyman who both cultivated the land and preached in the tiny church next door. The whole area is steeped in history and surrounded by amazing views and wonderful English countryside.
This owner/agency has featured on this Country Cottages site since 2008
|01386 830687 or 07966 403796|
|Click here to email owner|
|Payment Options: cheque, bank tansfer
Contact: Mr. Roger Albutt
|Television||Indoor Hot Tub|
|Sky Television||Outdoor Hot Tub|
|Video or DVD||Shower|
|Ensuite Bathroom||Wood Stove|
|Central heating||Laundry facilities|
|Games Room||Swimming Pool|
|Towels provided||Bed linen provided|
Duckpond Cottage is a great rural retreat, where you can do as much or as little as you want. It sleeps 5-7 people. The accommodation comprises: 1 double bedroom with en suite shower room, 1 twin bedroom and 1 single bedroom. There is also an adjoining annexe available with a double bedroom and shower room. The kitchen is well equipped with oven, micowave, dishwasher and fridge-freezer. The Living/Dining room has oak boarded floors, electric fire, TV and Video/DVD, and there is a patio area adjoining the garden with countryside views.
There are also two other holiday cottages in the same farm courtyard of a similar high standard that can be rented out - The Stable and The Cart Hovel. The Stable is a thatched barn conversion that sleeps up to 5 people (1 double room, 1 twin and 1 single) and The Cart Hovel is a lovely smaller property that sleeps. Details can be found on our Glebe Farm Cottages website http://www.glebefarmcottages.net
Children and dogs are welcome. Cots and high-chairs are available on request. There are some swings and slides in one corner of the garden and a duckpond in the other - complete with hungry ducks! (Care should be taken with young children around the pond). The local pub serves great food and is a very pleasant 10 minute walk away.
If you want to escape the hustle and bustle of life why not pay us a visit. We offer a great place from which to explore the Heart of England.
Please visit http://www.glebefarmcottages.net to find out more about the holiday cottage, amenities, surrounding area and places to visit in Warwickshire.
Shakespeare's Stratford - 10 mins away, Broadway and the Cotswold Hills - 25 mins, Birminghams many attractions - 40 mins, West Midlands Safari Park, Drayton Manor Park, The Malvern Hills and Three Counties, Showground.
Nearest Train Station or Airport: Wilmcote
Recommended Places to Visit: Stratford-upon-Avon, Cotswold Hills, Many Historic Houses and Castles nearby eg Ragley Hall, Warwick Castle, Sudeley Castle
Annual Events: Cheltenham Gold Cup in March, Events in Birmingham at N.E.C, N.I.A, Royal Shakespeare Theatre events, Dovers Hill Games
Recommended Places to Eat Out: Several good Country Pubs nearby. Many pubs and restaurants in Stratford-on-Avon, Alcester and Evesham.
Local Sports: Walking, horse riding, swimming, golf, boating
- » Self-catering holiday accommodation with facilities for the elderly or disabled
- » Self catering large country houses in England
- » Self-catering accommodation in the Home Counties England - rent a cottage
- » Self-catering rentals near Luton Airport, north of London
- » Self-catering accommodation in and near Exmoor National Park
- » 2 bedroom self catering holiday accommodation
- » A random collection of holiday cottages with parking in England
- » Self-catering accommodation near Windsor Castle
- » Self-catering holiday cottages in the West Midlands
- » Family holiday parks in England UK with self-catering cottages to rent
- » Self-catering holiday accommodation in England with facilities for children
- » Country cottages and self-catering accommodation in England to sleep 4 people
- » 3 and 4 bedroomed cottages with a wood burner in England
- » Self-catering accommodation near Legoland, England
- » Self-catering pine lodges and log cabins in England
- » Self-catering holiday accommodation in and around the Lake District National Park
- » Luxury 5 star cottages England
- » Stay in a self catering holiday cottage and have the walking holiday of a lifetime in England
- » Self-catering cottages in England in remote or secluded locations
- » Self catering accommodation in the south east of England
Similar Country Cottages
Tremaine Green Country Cottages
LATE Availability Discount: 1-3 bedroom cottages available from £336, inclusive. For Latest Offers Tel: 01503 220333. 2-nights 60%, 3-nights 70% and 4-nights 80% of weekly tariff.
This special offer ends on 29-06-2013
16th AUGUST SPECIAL OFFER- book last available August week and get £110 off (applies to parties of 8 or less guests, visit our website for full details or send us an email today for a quick response
This special offer ends on 31-05-2013
Red Kite Cottage
Hideaway for 2 in Red Kite Cottage. Stunning location. Suntrap terrace. 3 acres of meadows with panoramic views. Free WiFi. Logfire. Big bath, separate rain shower.£144(was £160) for 2 nights for 2 pe...
This special offer ends on 19-05-2013
LODGE WITH HOT-TUB ** Stay 5 nights pay for 4 ** CHRISTMAS 2013 special offer. Enjoy Christmas day in one of our luxury 5* lodges during your 5 night stay, to be taken between December 21st and 29th...
This special offer ends on 25-05-2013