Gate Cottage - Long Melford, Suffolk, England
|add to shortlist|
Number of units of accommodation: 1
Sleeps from 1 to 3 people in 2 bedrooms
Number of bathrooms: 1
Short Breaks: Yes - The minimum number of days for a short break is 2
Suitable for the disabled:
Children are welcome:
Pet Friendly: (1 welcome)
Rating: Not assessed
Delightful 2 bedroom country cottage in the charming medieval village of Long Melford. Long Melford is one of Suffolk’s famous ‘Wool Towns’ and simply charming. Here you’ll find award-winning restaurants, pubs and all the delights of independent bakeries, butchers, galleries and boutiques. This Suffolk cottage has a wonderful atmosphere and is ideal for weekends away or short cottage breaks.
Whatever the time of year you choose to stay, with its prime position and wonderful garden this is a great cottage for any time of the year. Parking is available right outside the cottage. Within this cottage there is a snug sitting room with a cosy open fire, kitchen, bathroom and two bedrooms. Outside there is a courtyard sitting area and a large garden mainly laid to lawn with herb and vegetable plots beyond, ideal for sitting out and enjoying sunny summer days.
This owner/agency has featured on this Country Cottages site since 2010
|01728 638962 or|
|Click here to email owner|
|Payment Options: cheque, bank tansfer, credit card
Contact: Mr. Simon Fairbank
|Television||Indoor Hot Tub|
|Sky Television||Outdoor Hot Tub|
|Video or DVD||Shower|
|Ensuite Bathroom||Wood Stove|
|Central heating||Laundry facilities|
|Games Room||Swimming Pool|
|Towels provided||Bed linen provided|
There is a writers studio, which can be found by going out through the back door, across the courtyard to the rustic studio. This studio is ideal for taking it easy, writing and drawing on warm days.
This cosy country cottage has a number of garden areas to enjoy including a small couryard with table and chairs, a larger courtyard area and a large garden with lawns and vegetable garden. Enjoy walking along the public footpaths across fields to Long Melford and Liston.
Off-road parking is outside at the front of the cottage by the road. The parking for the cottage is shared with neighbouring cottages. Being a small Suffolk village, there is usually plenty of spaces to park. The owners of the cottage conveniently live next door to Gate Cottage, above a charming antiques shop.
For full details of the layout of the accommodation see the link below.
Please visit http://www.bestofsuffolk.co.uk/gatecottagelongmelford.asp to find out more about the holiday cottage, amenities, surrounding area and places to visit in Suffolk.
Check availability and prices on the cottage web site http://www.bestofsuffolk.co.uk/gatecottagelongmelford.asp
Nearest Train Station or Airport:
Recommended Places to Visit:
Recommended Places to Eat Out:
Long Melford is rightly popular for its glorious historic buildings and magnificent wool church, antique shops, good restaurants, takeaways, art galleries and fashion boutiques.
- » Pet-friendly self-catering holiday cottages in Suffolk
- » Luxury cottages for 2 in Suffolk
- » Self-catering holiday accommodation in or near Culford Park, Suffolk
- » Self-catering holiday accommodation with facilities for the elderly or disabled
- » Self catering large country houses in England
- » Self-catering accommodation in the Home Counties England - rent a cottage
- » Holiday cottages and self-catering accommodation in Beccles, Suffolk
- » Self-catering rentals near Luton Airport, north of London
- » Self-catering accommodation in and near Exmoor National Park
- » Self-catering holiday accommodation in or near Bury St. Edmunds, Suffolk
- » 2 bedroom self catering holiday accommodation
- » A random collection of holiday cottages with parking in England
- » Self-catering holiday accommodation in or near Stanton, Suffolk
- » Self-catering accommodation near Windsor Castle
- » Thatched country cottages in Suffolk for self-catering holidays
- » Self-catering holiday cottages in the West Midlands
- » Family holiday parks in England UK with self-catering cottages to rent
- » Self-catering holiday accommodation in England with facilities for children
- » Self-catering accommodation Bildeston Suffolk
- » Country cottages and self-catering accommodation in England to sleep 4 people
Similar Country Cottages
Tremaine Green Country Cottages
LATE Availability Discount: 1-3 bedroom cottages available from £336, inclusive. For Latest Offers Tel: 01503 220333. 2-nights 60%, 3-nights 70% and 4-nights 80% of weekly tariff.
This special offer ends on 29-06-2013
Special price for parties up to 4 guests - you get the whole big farmhouse and garden all to yourselves, just use 2 bedrooms and get £300 off the full price.
This special offer ends on 31-05-2013
Tythe Barn Cottage
Beautiful 17th century thatched cottage near Chipping Campden. Sleeps 4. Friday 31st May to Thursday 20th June, 7 nights now reduced to £485. Short breaks also possible - 3-night minimum stay. Visi...
This special offer ends on 20-06-2013
16th AUGUST SPECIAL OFFER- book last available August week and get £110 off (applies to parties of 8 or less guests, visit our website for full details or send us an email today for a quick response
This special offer ends on 31-05-2013