Penny Cottage - Lavenham, Suffolk, EnglandAdd to Favourites
|01787 211 115 or|
|Click here to email owner|
|Payment Options: cheque, bank transfer, credit card
Contact: Mark @ the Grove Cottages
Key Cottage InformationPrice range from £487 to £735 per week
Number of units of accommodation: 1
Sleeps from 1 to 2 people in 1 bedrooms
Number of bathrooms: 1
Short Breaks: Yes - The minimum number of days for a short break is 2
Suitable for the disabled:
Children are welcome:
Rating: Not assessed
The owner/agency for Penny Cottage has been advertising with Country Cottages Online for more than 13 years. Read More
Penny Cottage is a fabulous Grade 1 listed old Weavers Cottage in Suffolk's tiny Medieval village of Lavenham, the cottage sleeps a couple. The Historic Building dates from the 16th century and has a lovely sunny patio and large mature garden. This village is a truly amazing place to visit and is probably the last unspoilt medieval village in England.
Penny Cottage benefits from a number of charming period features including rooms with exposed wooden beams, original brickwork and broad oak floor boards. Sorry no pets and no smoking permitted at this property.
This owner/agency has featured on countrycottagesonline.com since 2003
- Historical Property
- Beautiful 16th Century Historic Weavers Cottage in Englands best preserved Medieval village
- With Exposed Beams
- Laundry Facilities
- Bed Linen Provided
- Ensuite Bathroom
- Power Shower
- Towels Provided
- Central Heating
- Wood Stove
- Enclosed Garden: A sunny Patio with expansive views over the large enclosed Mature Garden and countryside.
This is a stunning romantic cottage for two offering beautiful, luxurious accommodation.
The lounge here has a warming open log fire, adding to the welcoming feel of this property. The kitchen features quality hand-built fixtures along with modern conveniences such as a fridge, dishwasher and washing machine. The bedroom is romantic with a high vaulted ceiling along with oak beams, broad Elm floorboards, silk wall hangings, oriental rugs and an antique Jacobean wooden framed bed. There is an ensuite bathroom with bath and shower. There are lovely views of the garden and surrounding countryside towards the river valley from a number of the windows. This cottage is 5 star quality rated by Grove Cottages.
This cottage has a lovely sunny patio where you can sit out and enjoy panoramic views over Lavenham and the nearby countryside. There are steps from the patio down to the large mature garden which is shared with Mint Cottage next door (another of the Grove Cottages).
This cottage is located in a peaceful residential street, very near to Lavenham’s main square. Lavenham is a beautiful village with its many fine medieval buildings which date back to when the town was rich from the wool trade. Also in Lavenham is the Great House, an excellent French restaurant, often rated as one of the best in England. The Guidhall, protected by the National Trust, is well worth a visit, as are the many fine tea rooms, pubs and traditional style shops. Long Melford nearby is also well worth a visit. For more information about this cottage including availability and special deals, see our own website.
Please visit the owner's website to find out more about the holiday cottage, amenities, surrounding area and places to visit in Suffolk.
Historic Villages and Hamlets Melford Hall Kentwell Hall Flatford Mill Only 90 mins from London - it's a great weekend escape cottage.
Nearest Train Station or Airport: Ipswich - London Stansted Airport
Recommended Places to Visit: Bury St Edmunds Market Town - Wednesday Markets. Colchester England's Oldest City. Ipswich Port and Marina. Ickworth, Long Melford, Clair and Cavendish, Flatford Mill - Constables 'Haywain'
Annual Events: Carnival, Vintage Car Rally's, Music Events, French Markets.
Recommended Places to Eat Out: The Great House - outstanding French Restaurant. The White Swan - top Class Restaurant. The Angel - Gastropub. The Cock - Good Food. The Greyhound Pub - Austrian speciality menu.
Local Sports: Historical hamlets and Villages to visit, Horse Riding, cycling the official Cycle Routes, Walking.
- » Pet-friendly self-catering holiday cottages in Suffolk
- » Luxury cottages for 2 in Suffolk
- » Self-catering holiday accommodation in or near Bury St. Edmunds, Suffolk
- » Thatched country cottages in Suffolk for self-catering holidays
- » Cottage holidays Suffolk
- » Cottages in Suffolk for holidays and weekend retreats
- » Beautiful cottages in Suffolk for self-catering holidays and weekend breaks in the country
- » Self-catering holiday accommodation in Suffolk England near golf courses
- » Luxury country cottages in Suffolk
- » Country cottages in Southwold, Suffolk, for self-catering holidays by the sea
- » Cottages in Suffolk for a fascinating glimpse of historic Britain
- » Self-catering holiday cottages - Woodbridge, Suffolk
- » Cottage in Suffolk to accommodate 2 to 3 people for a self-catering holiday or weekend break
- » Self-catering short break holidays in Suffolk, England
- » Country cottages with an inglenook or open fire in Suffolk
- » Self-catering holidays in Suffolk : rent a cottage or house
- » Self-catering holiday accommodation in Suffolk available for long winter lets
- » Self-catering cottage accommodation in Suffolk
- » Self-catering holiday accommodation in Suffolk with facilities for families with young children
- » Seaside cottages in Suffolk for self-catering holidays
Similar English Country Cottages
Mint Cottage England, Suffolk, Lavenham
The Tryst England, Suffolk, Lavenham
Dons Barn England, Suffolk, Lavenham
Orchard Cottage England, Suffolk, Lavenham
Queenies Cottage England, Suffolk, Snape
The Odd Cottage England, Suffolk, Lavenham
Spa hot tub break in luxury log cabin nestling in the heart of the lakes - the ultimate in relaxation 2 nights from £295 call 07725819384 now for amazing deals .
This special offer ends on 03-02-2017
Romantic Valentines break in lovely studio with private outdoor hot tub under cover - traditional Lakeland village with lots of bars, restaurants & cafes within easy walking distance call 07725819384 now for special offers for 2017.
This special offer ends on 16-02-2017