Orchard Cottage - Lavenham, Suffolk, England
Number of units of accommodation: 1
Sleeps from 2 to 5 people in 2 bedrooms
Number of bathrooms: 1
Short Breaks: Yes - The minimum number of days for a short break is 2
Suitable for the disabled:
Children are welcome:
Orchard Cottage was created out of the old hay and pigeon lofts that made up part of the long Eastern wall of the old enclosed farm quadrangles first built in the 1720’s. It sleeps 5 people in 2 bedrooms and a sixth in an emergency is available. It features a stunning Inglenook fireplace, above which hangs the old poacher's gun we found hidden away in the barn.
This owner/agency has featured on this Country Cottages site since 2003
|Television||Indoor Hot Tub|
|Sky Television||Outdoor Hot Tub|
|Video or DVD||Shower|
|Ensuite Bathroom||Wood Stove|
|Central heating||Laundry facilities|
|Games Room||Swimming Pool|
|Towels provided||Bed linen provided|
The large room with its Inglenook fireplace has a spacious dining alcove that seats 7 and an attractive farmhouse kitchen area, hand-made from reclaimed oak and tile with original cupboards. Twin comfy sofas, a quirky reading chair and an antique Kelim provide perfect relaxation in front of the fire. The floor is original medieval brick. The walls are old soft red brick and exposed beams or limewashed with distressed blue / green pigments. Beautiful large antique pine dining table with handcrafted built-in oak benches. In the kitchen you’ll find a Belfast sink, refrigerator, microwave and oven. The cottage comes complete with TV & DVD player, CD / radio / cassette sound system, selection of CDs and DVD’s as well as books and games.
The floor upstairs is highly polished old wood with Kelim rugs. The two bedrooms have high vaulted wooden ceilings showing all the original beams. The bedrooms are really large with a double brass bed in each and an additional full sized single brass bed in the second bedroom. Old pigeon loft entrances were turned into tiny windows, which catch the full impact of the sun in their coloured glass. On the spacious, bright landing there is a divan, which can be made up into an extra bed in emergencies. The bathroom is host to a big spacious shower and a lovely old sink. The Cottage opens straight out onto the sunny Orchard which is ideal for lounging around or having breakfast in, you can walk straight out into the open countryside from the Orchard.
Please visit http://grove-cottages.co.uk/Orchard%20Cottage/ to find out more about the holiday cottage, amenities, surrounding area and places to visit in Suffolk.
We are in the prettiest area of Suffolk, famous for its medieval villages and hamlets, the countryside is criss crossed with lovely walks and tiny lanes which are great for cycling, Gainsborough and CONSTABLE BOTH LIVED AND WORKED IN THIS AREA. Only 90 mins from London - it's a great weekend escape cottage.
Nearest Train Station or Airport: Stansted Airport and Railway, Harwich Ferries, Colchester Railway.
Recommended Places to Visit: It's impossible to have a dull moment in Suffolk. The countryside and villages are pleasing to the eye, full of ancient and listed buildings, tons of history, characterful pubs with welcoming fires and real ale, incredibly well-preserved medieval villages like Lavenham, the towns and villages linked associated with English landscape painter John Constable.
Annual Events: Guests are provided with an events calendar that lists all the annual local events including medieval re-enactments and banquets.
Recommended Places to Eat Out: Many excellent pubs and restaurants both locally and in surrounding villages.
Local Sports: Walking, cycling, canoeing; we have 2 large professional Canadian canoes for hire, which are fully equipped and licensed for exploring the river Stour, which is navigable from nearby Sudbury all the way to the sea.
- » Pet-friendly self-catering holiday cottages in Suffolk
- » Luxury cottages for 2 in Suffolk
- » Self-catering holiday accommodation in or near Bury St. Edmunds, Suffolk
- » Thatched country cottages in Suffolk for self-catering holidays
- » Cottage holidays Suffolk
- » Cottages in Suffolk for holidays and weekend retreats
- » Beautiful cottages in Suffolk for self-catering holidays and weekend breaks in the country
- » Self-catering holiday accommodation in Suffolk England near golf courses
- » Luxury country cottages in Suffolk
- » Country cottages in Southwold, Suffolk, for self-catering holidays by the sea
- » Cottages in Suffolk for a fascinating glimpse of historic Britain
- » Self-catering holiday cottages - Woodbridge, Suffolk
- » Cottage in Suffolk to accommodate 2 to 3 people for a self-catering holiday or weekend break
- » Self-catering short break holidays in Suffolk, England
- » Country cottages with an inglenook or open fire in Suffolk
- » Self-catering holidays in Suffolk : rent a cottage or house
- » Holiday cottages on the Suffolk Norfolk border, East Anglia
- » Self-catering holiday accommodation in Suffolk available for long winter lets
- » Self-catering cottage accommodation in Suffolk
- » Self-catering holiday accommodation in Suffolk with facilities for families with young children
Similar Country Cottages
Windover Farm Cottage
5 nights from monday 30 January (£700) sleeps 4. A lovely cottage set in rural Devon, close to the M5 and A303 and 35 Mins from the beach. Visit the cottage's Facebook page for lots of recent ...
This special offer ends on 30-01-2014
"NEW-YEAR" Our Turleum Lodge (without a hot-tub) is available from December 30th. Bring in the bells during a 4 night stay and enjoy the beginning of your New-Year at our relaxing, luxury Mountwood ...
This special offer ends on 19-12-2013