Orchard Cottage - Lavenham, Suffolk, EnglandAdd to Favourites
|01787 211 115 or|
|Click here to email owner|
|Payment Options: cheque, bank transfer, credit card
Contact: Mark @ the Grove Cottages
Key Cottage InformationPrice range from £538 to £882 per week
Number of units of accommodation: 1
Sleeps from 2 to 5 people in 2 bedrooms
Number of bathrooms: 1
Short Breaks: Yes - The minimum number of days for a short break is 2
Suitable for the disabled:
Children are welcome: Cot, High Chair available.
The owner/agency for Orchard Cottage has been advertising with Country Cottages Online for more than 12 years. Read More
Orchard Cottage was created out of the old hay and pigeon lofts that made up part of the long Eastern wall of the old enclosed farm quadrangles first built in the 1720’s. It sleeps 5 people in 2 bedrooms and a sixth in an emergency is available. It features a stunning Inglenook fireplace, above which hangs the old poacher's gun we found hidden away in the barn.
This owner/agency has featured on countrycottagesonline.com since 2003
- Historical Property
- 18th century cottage
- With Exposed Beams
- Internet Access
- Laundry Facilities
- Bed Linen Provided
- Towels Provided
- Central Heating
- Open Fire
- Garden: Guests Orchard Garden and Herb Garden, Dog Exercising area.
- 2 acres of orchard all around with open countryside beyond - there is a pretty 15 minute walk across the corn field to the local pub which has its own Macro Brewery and does good food.
Book this cottage in Suffolk direct with the owner or agency. For help with any questions or queries prior to booking we recommend you call the owner or email them.
The large room with its Inglenook fireplace has a spacious dining alcove that seats 7 and an attractive farmhouse kitchen area, hand-made from reclaimed oak and tile with original cupboards. Twin comfy sofas, a quirky reading chair and an antique Kelim provide perfect relaxation in front of the fire. The floor is original medieval brick. The walls are old soft red brick and exposed beams or limewashed with distressed blue / green pigments. Beautiful large antique pine dining table with handcrafted built-in oak benches. In the kitchen you’ll find a Belfast sink, refrigerator, microwave and oven. The cottage comes complete with TV, as well as books and games.
Upstairs, there are highly polished old wooden floors with Kelim rugs. The two comfortable bedrooms feature high vaulted wooden ceilings with original beams. One bedroom is a double with a lovely brass bed and the second bedroom has a double brass bed along with a full sized single brass bed. One absolutely charming unusual feature in the bedrooms are the tiny windows with coloured glass which were originally old pigeon loft entrances. On the spacious, bright landing there is also a divan, which can be made up into an extra bed in emergencies. In the bathroom there is a big spacious shower and a lovely old sink. Outside you’ll find the sunny Orchard which is ideal for relaxing or having breakfast in. From the orchard you can walk straight out into open countryside.
We are in the prettiest area of Suffolk, famous for its medieval villages and hamlets, the countryside is criss crossed with lovely walks and tiny lanes which are great for cycling, Gainsborough and CONSTABLE BOTH LIVED AND WORKED IN THIS AREA. Only 90 mins from London - it's a great weekend escape cottage.
Nearest Train Station or Airport: Stansted Airport and Railway, Harwich Ferries, Colchester Railway. Station - Sudbury Branchline Station
Recommended Places to Visit: It's impossible to have a dull moment in Suffolk. The countryside and villages are pleasing to the eye, full of ancient and listed buildings, tons of history, characterful pubs with welcoming fires and real ale, incredibly well-preserved medieval villages like Lavenham, the towns and villages linked associated with English landscape painter John Constable.
Annual Events: Guests are provided with an events calendar that lists all the annual local events including medieval re-enactments and banquets.
Recommended Places to Eat Out: Many excellent pubs and restaurants both locally and in surrounding villages.
Local Sports: Walking, cycling, canoeing; we have 2 large professional Canadian canoes for hire, which are fully equipped and licensed for exploring the river Stour, which is navigable from nearby Sudbury all the way to the sea.
- » Pet-friendly self-catering holiday cottages in Suffolk
- » Luxury cottages for 2 in Suffolk
- » Self-catering holiday accommodation in or near Bury St. Edmunds, Suffolk
- » Thatched country cottages in Suffolk for self-catering holidays
- » Cottage holidays Suffolk
- » Cottages in Suffolk for holidays and weekend retreats
- » Beautiful cottages in Suffolk for self-catering holidays and weekend breaks in the country
- » Self-catering holiday accommodation in Suffolk England near golf courses
- » Luxury country cottages in Suffolk
- » Country cottages in Southwold, Suffolk, for self-catering holidays by the sea
- » Cottages in Suffolk for a fascinating glimpse of historic Britain
- » Self-catering holiday cottages - Woodbridge, Suffolk
- » Cottage in Suffolk to accommodate 2 to 3 people for a self-catering holiday or weekend break
- » Self-catering short break holidays in Suffolk, England
- » Country cottages with an inglenook or open fire in Suffolk
- » Self-catering holidays in Suffolk : rent a cottage or house
- » Holiday cottages on the Suffolk Norfolk border, East Anglia
- » Self-catering holiday accommodation in Suffolk available for long winter lets
- » Self-catering cottage accommodation in Suffolk
- » Self-catering holiday accommodation in Suffolk with facilities for families with young children
Similar English Country Cottages
Dons Barn England, Suffolk, Lavenham
Queenies Cottage England, Suffolk, Snape
The Tryst England, Suffolk, Lavenham
The Odd Cottage England, Suffolk, Lavenham
Penny Cottage England, Suffolk, Lavenham
Mint Cottage England, Suffolk, Lavenham