Orchard Cottage - Lavenham, Suffolk, England
Key Cottage InformationPrice range from £478 to £735 per week
Number of units of accommodation: 1
Sleeps from 2 to 5 people in 2 bedrooms
Number of bathrooms: 1
Short Breaks: Yes - The minimum number of days for a short break is 2
Suitable for the disabled:
Children are welcome: Cot, High Chair available.
Rating: Not assessed
Orchard Cottage was created out of the old hay and pigeon lofts that made up part of the long Eastern wall of the old enclosed farm quadrangles first built in the 1720’s. It sleeps 5 people in 2 bedrooms and a sixth in an emergency is available. It features a stunning Inglenook fireplace, above which hangs the old poacher's gun we found hidden away in the barn.
This owner/agency has featured on countrycottagesonline.com since 2003
- Historical Property
- 18th century cottage
- With Exposed Beams
- Internet Access
- Laundry Facilities
- Bed Linen Provided
- Towels Provided
- Central Heating
- Open Fire
- Garden: Guests Orchard Garden and Herb Garden, Dog Exercising area.
The large room with its Inglenook fireplace has a spacious dining alcove that seats 7 and an attractive farmhouse kitchen area, hand-made from reclaimed oak and tile with original cupboards. Twin comfy sofas, a quirky reading chair and an antique Kelim provide perfect relaxation in front of the fire. The floor is original medieval brick. The walls are old soft red brick and exposed beams or limewashed with distressed blue / green pigments. Beautiful large antique pine dining table with handcrafted built-in oak benches. In the kitchen you’ll find a Belfast sink, refrigerator, microwave and oven. The cottage comes complete with TV, as well as books and games.
Upstairs, there are highly polished old wooden floors with Kelim rugs. The two comfortable bedrooms feature high vaulted wooden ceilings with original beams. One bedroom is a double with a lovely brass bed and the second bedroom has a double brass bed along with a full sized single brass bed. One absolutely charming unusual feature in the bedrooms are the tiny windows with coloured glass which were originally old pigeon loft entrances. On the spacious, bright landing there is also a divan, which can be made up into an extra bed in emergencies. In the bathroom there is a big spacious shower and a lovely old sink. Outside you’ll find the sunny Orchard which is ideal for relaxing or having breakfast in. From the orchard you can walk straight out into open countryside.
Please visit http://grove-cottages.co.uk/Orchard%20Cottage/ to find out more about the holiday cottage, amenities, surrounding area and places to visit in Suffolk.
We are in the prettiest area of Suffolk, famous for its medieval villages and hamlets, the countryside is criss crossed with lovely walks and tiny lanes which are great for cycling, Gainsborough and CONSTABLE BOTH LIVED AND WORKED IN THIS AREA. Only 90 mins from London - it's a great weekend escape cottage.
Nearest Train Station or Airport: Stansted Airport and Railway, Harwich Ferries, Colchester Railway.
Recommended Places to Visit: It's impossible to have a dull moment in Suffolk. The countryside and villages are pleasing to the eye, full of ancient and listed buildings, tons of history, characterful pubs with welcoming fires and real ale, incredibly well-preserved medieval villages like Lavenham, the towns and villages linked associated with English landscape painter John Constable.
Annual Events: Guests are provided with an events calendar that lists all the annual local events including medieval re-enactments and banquets.
Recommended Places to Eat Out: Many excellent pubs and restaurants both locally and in surrounding villages.
Local Sports: Walking, cycling, canoeing; we have 2 large professional Canadian canoes for hire, which are fully equipped and licensed for exploring the river Stour, which is navigable from nearby Sudbury all the way to the sea.
- » Pet-friendly self-catering holiday cottages in Suffolk
- » Luxury cottages for 2 in Suffolk
- » Self-catering holiday accommodation in or near Bury St. Edmunds, Suffolk
- » Thatched country cottages in Suffolk for self-catering holidays
- » Cottage holidays Suffolk
- » Cottages in Suffolk for holidays and weekend retreats
- » Beautiful cottages in Suffolk for self-catering holidays and weekend breaks in the country
- » Self-catering holiday accommodation in Suffolk England near golf courses
- » Luxury country cottages in Suffolk
- » Country cottages in Southwold, Suffolk, for self-catering holidays by the sea
- » Cottages in Suffolk for a fascinating glimpse of historic Britain
- » Self-catering holiday cottages - Woodbridge, Suffolk
- » Cottage in Suffolk to accommodate 2 to 3 people for a self-catering holiday or weekend break
- » Self-catering short break holidays in Suffolk, England
- » Country cottages with an inglenook or open fire in Suffolk
- » Self-catering holidays in Suffolk : rent a cottage or house
- » Holiday cottages on the Suffolk Norfolk border, East Anglia
- » Self-catering holiday accommodation in Suffolk available for long winter lets
- » Self-catering cottage accommodation in Suffolk
- » Self-catering holiday accommodation in Suffolk with facilities for families with young children
Similar English Country Cottages
Dons Barn England, Suffolk, Lavenham
Queenies Cottage England, Suffolk, Snape
The Tryst England, Suffolk, Lavenham
Lavenham House England, Suffolk, Lavenham
Penny Cottage England, Suffolk, Lavenham
Mint Cottage England, Suffolk, Lavenham
The large lawned garden at Lydensign is an ideal place to enjoy the Devon air and countryside,watch the deer that visit the fields around the cottage, take one of the many lovely walks in the area enjoying the wonderful scenery of the Blackdown Hills and Culm Valley.
This special offer ends on 14-05-2015
Apple Loft at Twistgates Farm Cottages
4 nights short break for £200.
This special offer ends on 15-05-2015
Garden Cottage at Twistgates Farm Cottages
4 nights starting Fri 8th May now £200.
This special offer ends on 15-05-2015
Unique luxury experience in stunning contemporary Lodge with everything included - towels, bathrobes, sumptuous cotton bed-linens, outdoor hot tub under permanent cover, large South facing balcony & all-weather terrace with BBQ, induction hob, food prep station, mini-bar - gorgeous modern furnishings with outdoor cushions & throws provided, great location close to lake & busy village with plenty of cafes bars & restaurants - call 07725819384 for details.
This special offer ends on 27-05-2015