Orchard Cottage - Lavenham, Suffolk, England
|add to shortlist|
Number of units of accommodation: 1
Sleeps from 2 to 5 people in 2 bedrooms
Number of bathrooms: 1
Short Breaks: Yes - The minimum number of days for a short break is 2
Suitable for the disabled:
Children are welcome:
Orchard Cottage was created out of the old hay and pigeon lofts that made up part of the long Eastern wall of the old enclosed farm quadrangles first built in the 1720’s. It sleeps 5 people in 2 bedrooms and a sixth in an emergency is available. It features a stunning Inglenook fireplace, above which hangs the old poacher's gun we found hidden away in the barn.
This owner/agency has featured on this Country Cottages site since 2003
|Television||Indoor Hot Tub|
|Sky Television||Outdoor Hot Tub|
|Video or DVD||Shower|
|Ensuite Bathroom||Wood Stove|
|Central heating||Laundry facilities|
|Games Room||Swimming Pool|
|Towels provided||Bed linen provided|
The large room with its Inglenook fireplace has a spacious dining alcove that seats 7 and an attractive farmhouse kitchen area, hand-made from reclaimed oak and tile with original cupboards. Twin comfy sofas, a quirky reading chair and an antique Kelim provide perfect relaxation in front of the fire. The floor is original medieval brick. The walls are old soft red brick and exposed beams or limewashed with distressed blue / green pigments. Beautiful large antique pine dining table with handcrafted built-in oak benches. In the kitchen you’ll find a Belfast sink, refrigerator, microwave and oven. The cottage comes complete with TV & DVD player, CD / radio / cassette sound system, selection of CDs and DVD’s as well as books and games.
The floor upstairs is highly polished old wood with Kelim rugs. The two bedrooms have high vaulted wooden ceilings showing all the original beams. The bedrooms are really large with a double brass bed in each and an additional full sized single brass bed in the second bedroom. Old pigeon loft entrances were turned into tiny windows, which catch the full impact of the sun in their coloured glass. On the spacious, bright landing there is a divan, which can be made up into an extra bed in emergencies. The bathroom is host to a big spacious shower and a lovely old sink. The Cottage opens straight out onto the sunny Orchard which is ideal for lounging around or having breakfast in, you can walk straight out into the open countryside from the Orchard.
Please visit http://grove-cottages.co.uk/Orchard%20Cottage/ to find out more about the holiday cottage, amenities, surrounding area and places to visit in Suffolk.
We are in the prettiest area of Suffolk, famous for its medieval villages and hamlets, the countryside is criss crossed with lovely walks and tiny lanes which are great for cycling, Gainsborough and CONSTABLE BOTH LIVED AND WORKED IN THIS AREA. Only 90 mins from London - it's a great weekend escape cottage.
Nearest Train Station or Airport: Stansted Airport and Railway, Harwich Ferries, Colchester Railway.
Recommended Places to Visit: It's impossible to have a dull moment in Suffolk. The countryside and villages are pleasing to the eye, full of ancient and listed buildings, tons of history, characterful pubs with welcoming fires and real ale, incredibly well-preserved medieval villages like Lavenham, the towns and villages linked associated with English landscape painter John Constable.
Annual Events: Guests are provided with an events calendar that lists all the annual local events including medieval re-enactments and banquets.
Recommended Places to Eat Out: Many excellent pubs and restaurants both locally and in surrounding villages.
Local Sports: Walking, cycling, canoeing; we have 2 large professional Canadian canoes for hire, which are fully equipped and licensed for exploring the river Stour, which is navigable from nearby Sudbury all the way to the sea.
- » Pet-friendly self-catering holiday cottages in Suffolk
- » Luxury cottages for 2 in Suffolk
- » Self-catering holiday accommodation in or near Culford Park, Suffolk
- » Self-catering holiday accommodation with facilities for the elderly or disabled
- » Self catering large country houses in England
- » Self-catering accommodation in the Home Counties England - rent a cottage
- » Holiday cottages and self-catering accommodation in Beccles, Suffolk
- » Self-catering rentals near Luton Airport, north of London
- » Self-catering accommodation in and near Exmoor National Park
- » Self-catering holiday accommodation in or near Bury St. Edmunds, Suffolk
- » 2 bedroom self catering holiday accommodation
- » A random collection of holiday cottages with parking in England
- » Self-catering holiday accommodation in or near Stanton, Suffolk
- » Self-catering accommodation near Windsor Castle
- » Thatched country cottages in Suffolk for self-catering holidays
- » Self-catering holiday cottages in the West Midlands
- » Family holiday parks in England UK with self-catering cottages to rent
- » Self-catering holiday accommodation in England with facilities for children
- » Self-catering accommodation Bildeston Suffolk
- » Country cottages and self-catering accommodation in England to sleep 4 people
Similar Country Cottages
The Stone Barn
BIG WEEKEND: 3 nights @ £55 per person (minimum 18 guests up to max 22)- offer available the following weekends: 4th and 18th October and 8th, 15th, 22nd and 29th November - email or phone 01409 253 ...
This special offer ends on 30-06-2013
LODGE WITH HOT-TUB ** Stay 5 nights pay for 4 ** CHRISTMAS 2013 special offer. Enjoy Christmas day in one of our luxury 5* lodges during your 5 night stay, to be taken between December 21st and 29th...
This special offer ends on 25-05-2013
Burnfoot Holiday Cottages
Luxury 4* Cottage sleeps 8 now just £295 this weekend! Pet friendly, tennis court, award-winning inn five minutes away, stunning walks direct from the door, in the most tranquil place in England. ...
This special offer ends on 26-05-2013