The Old Post Office - Higham, Colchester, Suffolk, England
|01206 337470 or 07717241953|
|Click here to email owner|
|Payment Options: cheque, bank transfer, credit card
Contact: Mrs. Claire Head
Key Cottage InformationPrice range from £700 to £1400 per week
Number of units of accommodation: 1
Sleeps from 1 to 5 people in 3 bedrooms
Number of bathrooms: 1
Short Breaks: Yes - The minimum number of days for a short break is 2
Suitable for the disabled:
Children are welcome:
Pet Friendly: (3 dogs welcome)
Rating: Not assessed
The owner/agency for The Old Post Office has been advertising with Country Cottages Online for more than 3 years. Read More
For a unique Suffolk self-catering holiday why not choose the Old Post Office? A sympathetically restored Old Post Office with plenty of charm and original features along with a sense of fun, set in attractive gardens with access to 15 acres of private parkland. Stylishly and sympathetically styled, this charming holiday home features a number of original features such as beautiful exposed wooden beams and with 3 bedrooms, up to 5 can comfortably be accommodated at this dog-friendly cottage. What’s more, this unique house also benefits from secure gardens, what more could you possibly wish for?
Within the Old Post Office on the ground floor there is a comfortable lounge featuring wooden beams and an impressive inglenook fireplace, a dining room with seating for 8, a farmhouse style kitchen, a WC and an Old Post Office room where you can sit and relax. On the first floor there is a family bathroom and three bedrooms; one double bedroom, one single bedroom and one bedroom with a king-size bed and access to the family bathroom and double bedroom.
Outside this charming holiday home there is an enclosed private garden along with outdoor seating where you can sit out and soak up the setting. Plenty of parking is available. Free WiFi access is also available.
This owner/agency has featured on countrycottagesonline.com since 2013
- Historical Property
- With Exposed Beams
- Video or DVD
- Internet Access
- Type of Cooker: Range style cooker , gas hob with electric fan oven.
- Dining Table Seats: 8
- 1 Kingsize Bed(s)
- 1 Double Bed(s)
- 1 Single Bed(s)
- Bed Linen Provided
- Power Shower
- Towels Provided
- Central Heating
- Open Fire
- Enclosed Garden
- Set in historic Constable country, with direct access to 15 acres of private parkland.
Book this cottage in Suffolk direct with the owner or agency. For help with any questions or queries prior to booking we recommend you call the owner or email them.
South Suffolk is a very unspoilt and rural area even though it is so close to London and the Midlands. It is defined by The River Stour which was immortalised by the Master Painter John Constable and by the Suffolk coast where hidden inlets, where Vikings raided (Sutton Hoo) and where heathlands sweep down to the sea. The immediate area is a maze of tiny lanes meandering through tiny Suffolk Pink Hamlets and Villages. An ideal place to relax in and discover unspoilt England. Only 90 mins from London - it's a great we
Nearest Train Station or Airport: Nearest Airport and Railway Station: colchester north station. harwich sailing port. stanstead airport.
Recommended Places to Visit: Good places to visit: Southwold. Minsmere Bird Sanctuary and heath. Bury St Edmunds. Colchester. Ipswich Marina. Pin Mill harbour. Orford Butley Oysterage and Castle. The Orwell Estuary and Marinas. The river Stour - canoeing. John Constables birthplace and setting for The Haywain and Willy Lots Cottage -Flatford Mill. South Suffolk Cycle Route. The Stour Valley Path and St Edmunds Way.
Annual Events: Annual Events: Hadleigh Show - May. Suffolk Show -June. Kentwell hall Bank Holiday Tudor Re-enactments
Recommended Places to Eat Out: Good places to eat: Crown - Stoke-by-Nayland. The Angel - Stoke-by-Nayland. The Great House - Lavenham. The White Hart - Nayland. The Bell - Kersey. The Black Lion - Long Melford. the Angel - Lavenham. Scutchers - Long Melford. Le Talbooth - Dedham
Local Sports: Horse riding, boating , fishing.
- » Pet-friendly self-catering holiday cottages in Suffolk
- » Luxury cottages for 2 in Suffolk
- » Self-catering holiday accommodation in or near Bury St. Edmunds, Suffolk
- » Thatched country cottages in Suffolk for self-catering holidays
- » Cottage holidays Suffolk
- » Cottages in Suffolk for holidays and weekend retreats
- » Beautiful cottages in Suffolk for self-catering holidays and weekend breaks in the country
- » Self-catering holiday accommodation in Suffolk England near golf courses
- » Luxury country cottages in Suffolk
- » Country cottages in Southwold, Suffolk, for self-catering holidays by the sea
- » Cottages in Suffolk for a fascinating glimpse of historic Britain
- » Self-catering holiday cottages - Woodbridge, Suffolk
- » Cottage in Suffolk to accommodate 2 to 3 people for a self-catering holiday or weekend break
- » Self-catering short break holidays in Suffolk, England
- » Country cottages with an inglenook or open fire in Suffolk
- » Self-catering holidays in Suffolk : rent a cottage or house
- » Self-catering holiday accommodation in Suffolk available for long winter lets
- » Self-catering cottage accommodation in Suffolk
- » Self-catering holiday accommodation in Suffolk with facilities for families with young children
- » Seaside cottages in Suffolk for self-catering holidays
Similar English Country Cottages
The Guildhall England, Suffolk, Higham, Colchester
Higham Place Lodge England, Suffolk, Higham, Colchester
The Cartlodge Higham England, Suffolk, Higham, Colchester
Wren Cottage England, Suffolk, Wickham Market
The Tallow Factory England, Essex, Dedham
Old Bakery Cottage England, Essex, Dedham
Weathervane Cottage at Twistgates Farm Cottages
This special offer ends on 22-04-2017
Beeson Farm Holiday Cottages South Devon
7 night easter breaks from £300.
This special offer ends on 17-04-2017
Easter short break - A 3 or 4 night break arriving Sunday 16th April from £225 .
This special offer ends on 16-04-2017
Spa hot tub break in gorgeous cosy studio with balcony & private hot tub many extras included in beautiful peaceful location close to busy village call 07725819384 now 2 nights £275 3 nights £350 .
This special offer ends on 23-04-2017