Higham Place Lodge - Higham, Colchester, Suffolk, England
|01206 337470 or 07717241953|
|Click here to email owner|
|Payment Options: cheque, bank transfer, credit card
Contact: Mrs. Claire Head
Key Cottage InformationPrice range from £700 to £1050 per week
Number of units of accommodation: 1
Sleeps from 2 to 4 people in 2 bedrooms
Number of bathrooms: 2
Short Breaks: Yes - The minimum number of days for a short break is 3
Suitable for the disabled: - Accommodation all on one level so ideal for those who need to avoid stairs.
Children are welcome:
Pet Friendly: (4 dogs welcome)
Rating: Not assessed
The owner/agency for Higham Place Lodge has been advertising with Country Cottages Online for more than 3 years. Read More
Higham Place Lodge is a unique Suffolk country retreat. Situated within what has to be one of the prettiest parts of the scenic Dedham Vale, this 2 bedroom holiday lodge sits in a beautiful enclosed garden with mature trees and shrubs complete with lovely sunny spots for eating al fresco in summer.
Within the lodge there is a cosy lounge, perfect for relaxing, complete with comfy sofas and chairs plus stove and TV, a large open plan garden room and kitchen, one comfortable double bedroom with en-suite shower room, a second double comfortable bedroom and a family bathroom. Outdoors are the beautiful gardens with gateway leading to the main gardens of Higham Place.
This delightful property has 2 bedrooms, one with ensuite facilities and benefits from being close to the pretty Suffolk villages of Stoke by Nayland, Dedham and East Bergholt. The River Stour is close by with scenes of rural landscapes made famous by the artist John Constable. Enjoy picturesque walks or cycling down attractive Suffolk country lanes. Bicycles are freely provided for your use during your stay. There is plenty of off road parking available for guests. Please visit our website for lots of photos and information on this cottage and the local area, plus an online Availability Calendar, full price list and online booking. Pets are welcome and weekends are always available.
This owner/agency has featured on countrycottagesonline.com since 2013
- Historical Property
- Lutyens designed
- Internet Access
- Coffee Maker
- Type of Cooker: Electric fan oven with ceramic hob
- Dining Table Seats: 6
- 2 Kingsize Bed(s)
- Bed Linen Provided
- Ensuite Bathroom
- Towels Provided
- Central Heating
- Wood Stove
- Enclosed Garden
Book this cottage in Suffolk direct with the owner or agency. For help with any questions or queries prior to booking we recommend you call the owner or email them.
South Suffolk is a very unspoilt and rural area even though it is so close to London and the Midlands. It is defined by The River Stour which was immortalised by the Master Painter John Constable and by the Suffolk coast where hidden inlets, where Vikings raided (Sutton Hoo) and where heathlands sweep down to the sea. The immediate area is a maze of tiny lanes meandering through tiny Suffolk Pink Hamlets and Villages. An ideal place to relax in and discover unspoilt England. Only 90 mins from London - it's a great weekend escape cottage.
Nearest Train Station or Airport: colchester north station. harwich sailing port. stanstead airport.
Recommended Places to Visit: Southwold. Minsmere Bird Sanctuary and heath. Bury St Edmunds. Colchester. Ipswich Marina. Pin Mill harbour. Orford Butley Oysterage and Castle. The Orwell Estuary and Marinas. The river Stour - canoeing. John Constables birthplace and setting for The Haywain and Willy Lots Cottage -Flatford Mill. South Suffolk Cycle Route. The Stour Valley Path and St Edmunds Way.
Annual Events: Hadleigh Show - May. Suffolk Show -June. Kentwell hall Bank Holiday Tudor Re-enactments
Recommended Places to Eat Out: Crown - Stoke-by-Nayland. The Angel - Stoke-by-Nayland. The Great House - Lavenham. The White Hart - Nayland. The Bell - Kersey. The Black Lion - Long Melford. the Angel - Lavenham. Scutchers - Long Melford. Le Talbooth - Dedham
Local Sports: Cycling route, walking, horse riding, canoeing, golf
A small village set in the heart of the Dedham vale an area of outstanding natural beauty.
- » Pet-friendly self-catering holiday cottages in Suffolk
- » Luxury cottages for 2 in Suffolk
- » Self-catering holiday accommodation in or near Bury St. Edmunds, Suffolk
- » Thatched country cottages in Suffolk for self-catering holidays
- » Cottage holidays Suffolk
- » Cottages in Suffolk for holidays and weekend retreats
- » Beautiful cottages in Suffolk for self-catering holidays and weekend breaks in the country
- » Self-catering holiday accommodation in Suffolk England near golf courses
- » Luxury country cottages in Suffolk
- » Country cottages in Southwold, Suffolk, for self-catering holidays by the sea
- » Cottages in Suffolk for a fascinating glimpse of historic Britain
- » Self-catering holiday cottages - Woodbridge, Suffolk
- » Cottage in Suffolk to accommodate 2 to 3 people for a self-catering holiday or weekend break
- » Self-catering short break holidays in Suffolk, England
- » Country cottages with an inglenook or open fire in Suffolk
- » Self-catering holidays in Suffolk : rent a cottage or house
- » Self-catering holiday accommodation in Suffolk available for long winter lets
- » Self-catering cottage accommodation in Suffolk
- » Self-catering holiday accommodation in Suffolk with facilities for families with young children
- » Seaside cottages in Suffolk for self-catering holidays
Similar English Country Cottages
The Cartlodge Higham England, Suffolk, Higham, Colchester
The Old Post Office England, Suffolk, Higham, Colchester
The Guildhall England, Suffolk, Higham, Colchester
Wren Cottage England, Suffolk, Wickham Market
The Tallow Factory England, Essex, Dedham
Old Bakery Cottage England, Essex, Dedham
Beeson Farm Holiday Cottages South Devon
7 night easter breaks from £300.
This special offer ends on 17-04-2017
Late break offer - Arriving Friday 7th April now £329 pw or short break from £215 (min 3 nights) Sleeps 4, pets welcome, scenic views.
This special offer ends on 14-04-2017
Honeysuckle, dog friendly couples' cottage in South Devon
3 night short breaks in this romantic, dog-friendly cottage for couples set in the valley at Dittiscombe in South Devon, £325 fully inclusive.
This special offer ends on 14-04-2017