Lower Hook Hill - Watchet, Somerset, England
Key Cottage InformationPrice range from £1000 to £2500 per week
Number of units of accommodation: 1
Sleeps from 2 to 12 people in 5 bedrooms
Number of bathrooms: 4
Short Breaks: Yes - The minimum number of days for a short break is 3
Suitable for the disabled: - All rooms on the ground floor are fully accessible to the disabled. There is a bedroom and bathroom on the ground floor.
Children are welcome: Cot, High Chair available.
Pet Friendly: (2 dogs welcome)
Rating: Not assessed
Nestled in a valley in the Brendon Hills and surrounded by woods and streams, Lower Hook Hill offers peace and tranquility. There is an abundance of wildlife as well as having it's own Deer Park at the bottom of the garden. Set in it's own grounds of approximately 2 acres there is easy access to around 1000 acres of woodland walks and cycling.
The property offers spacious accomodation over two floors. It sleeps 12 people in 5 bedrooms. There are two bathrooms and two en-suites, living room, games room and large kitchen with Aga and large breakfast room which seats 12 people round one table. Outside there is a childrens play area with large 'play-frame. For the adults there is a large outdoor Hot tub with CD player. A gas bar-b-que will suit your alfresco eating needs.
The beach is only ten minutes away. Ideal for fishing, rockpooling or swimming.
This owner/agency has featured on countrycottagesonline.com since 2012
- With Exposed Beams
- Tumble dryer and washing line.
- Sky TV
- Video or DVD
- Internet Access
- Coffee Maker
- Laundry Facilities
- Type of Cooker: Aga and electric hob, oven and grill
- Dining Table Seats: 12
- 3 Kingsize Bed(s)
- 1 Double Bed(s)
- 10 Single Bed(s)
- Bed Linen Provided
- Ensuite Bathroom
- Power Shower
- Towels Provided
- Central Heating
- Wood Stove
- Garden: open garden, bordered by a stream and set in about 2 acres
- Outdoor Hot Tub
- Games Room: Playstation, Air Hockey and table football. Lots of boxed games, such as scrabble, Balderdash etc.
- Views over beautiful forestry and pond with it's own Deer park at the bottom of the garden.
Wimbleball water park is also 10 minutes away, offering windsurfing, WOW balling, sailing, kayaking, fishing etc. There is a small zoo and adventure park 10 minutes away for the smaller visitors with picnic areas and a shop. Wine and Whisky tasting can be arranged as well as outside catering. Pampering sessions will come to you and we also offer Clay pigeon shooting instruction on site.
Please visit http://www.lowerhookhill.co.uk to find out more about the holiday cottage, amenities, surrounding area and places to visit in Somerset.
Water Park, small zoo, pretty harbour, West Somerset Railway, local shows, (in season),various museums. Exmoor National Park.
Nearest Train Station or Airport: Taunton railway station and either Bristol or Exeter airport
Recommended Places to Visit: Lynton and Lynmouth, Watchet and Minehead Harbour, Tropiquaria, Old Cleeve Abbey,Cheddar Gorge and Wookey Hole Caves, The West Somerset Railway, Tarr Steps, the moors, Minehead, Croyde and Woolacombe beaches, Dunster Castle.
Annual Events: Dunster Country Fair in July, Dunster County Show in August, Dunster by candlelight in December.
Recommended Places to Eat Out: The Valiant Soldier, The Dragon House, Smugglers, The White Horse,
Local Sports: Sailing, kayaking, windsurfing, WOW balling, swimming, riding, clay shooting, fishing, golf, walking, cycling, quad biking, fossil hunting, rock pooling, archery.
Roadwater is a pretty village on the edge of Exmoor National Park. It has a good village shop and an excellent pub within walking distance from the property.
- » Vacation rentals - Bath
- » Large houses to rent in Somerset for self-catering holidays and weekend breaks
- » Holiday cottages - Somerset
- » Country cottages in Somerset
- » Accommodation for Large Groups in Somerset
- » Self-catering holiday accommodation in Somerset available for long winter lets
- » Self-catering short break holidays in Somerset, England
- » Cottages in Somerset near a pub
- » Holiday cottages in Somerset
- » Cottages for 2 people or couples in Somerset
- » Dog friendly holiday cottages in Somerset
- » Self-catering holiday accommodation in Somerset England near golf courses
- » Self-catering cottages in the West Country : Cornwall, Devon, Somerset
- » Self-catering holidays in Somerset
- » Family self-catering holiday cottages in Somerset
- » Holiday cottages in the Mendip Hills for self catering holidays in a beautiful area
- » Self Catering Cottages in Somerset with swimming pools
- » Luxury Self Catering Holiday Cottages in Somerset
- » Self catering cottages on or near the coast in Somerset
- » Wooden Lodges and Log Cabin Holidays in Somerset
Similar English Country Cottages
Swallows Rest England, Devon, Lynton
Greenslades Rural Retreat England, Somerset, Exford
The Lynhurst England, Devon, Lynton
Acorn Retreat, at Oakmead House, edge of Exmoor England, Devon, Brayford
Exmoor Holidays - Maxwelton England, Somerset, Porlock
Meadow Cottage at Heddon Valley Mill, within Exmoor National Park England, Devon, Lynmouth
Lingmell House - Lower Gale
£300 DISCOUNT! next avail weeks are sat 30th may / and sat 6th june!!.
This special offer ends on 13-06-2015
Gamekeeper's Hide on the Colmer Estate
Gamekeepers hide call now just had a cancellation and change of date for next Sat 30th May - 6th June to discuss discount the weather is beautiful two pools both heated indoor and outdoor for our guest.
This special offer ends on 06-06-2015
Save a whopping £200 for the week 5th to the 12th of June in this gorgeous 5 star cottage.
This special offer ends on 11-06-2015
Last Weekend in June available at Ravensprings.
This special offer ends on 21-06-2015
Weekend for 16 in lovely old mansion House only 1125 for up to 16 guests in 7 bedrooms 1 week Monday - Monday only £1425.
This special offer ends on 08-06-2015
Garden Cottage at Twistgates Farm Cottages
Special late availability offer, 7 nights for £375 starting on Fri 29th May.
This special offer ends on 05-05-2015