Bracken and Willow - Taunton, Somerset, England
|add to shortlist|
Number of units of accommodation: 2
Sleeps from 12 to 24 people in 10 bedrooms
Number of bathrooms: 6
Short Breaks: Yes - The minimum number of days for a short break is 3
Suitable for the disabled: -
Children are welcome:
Rating: Not assessed
Two luxury 5 bedroom cottages that can sleep up to 12 each, making them ideal for groups of up to 24. You can accommodate up to 24 family or friends in one place! Go inside your house and there's old world charm but there's also hi-tech living. The superb oak-floored open-plan living area in each house is 25ft long by 19ft wide. There are wood burning stoves and feature fireplaces at one end of these rooms, with under floor heating throughout the ground floor.
A wooden staircase leads to a mezzanine play area that overlooks the living room. Upstairs is entirely carpeted. Bedrooms all have televisions and views over the surrounding countryside. The main bedroom has a grand bathroom en-suite. There is a guest bathroom and guest shower room, too.
The kitchen facilities will make large scale entertaining easy. Each house has a range cooker and integrated dishwasher and an integrated clothes washer/dryer. If you like, we can organise local caterers and Tescos' or Sainsburys can deliver your food for your arrival.
This owner/agency has featured on this Country Cottages site since 2006
|01823 665500 or|
|Click here to email owner|
|Payment Options: cheque, bank tansfer, credit card
Contact: Mrs. Jessica Vellacott
|Television||Indoor Hot Tub|
|Sky Television||Outdoor Hot Tub|
|Video or DVD||Shower|
|Ensuite Bathroom||Wood Stove|
|Central heating||Laundry facilities|
|Games Room||Swimming Pool|
|Towels provided||Bed linen provided|
There are excellent places to eat nearby, including gastro-pubs such as the Merry Harriers and the Culm Valley Inn. Walks from Stapley lead to other superb country pubs, such as the Blagdon Inn at Blagdon, the York at Churchinford and the Holman Clavel at Culm Head. For shopping, go to the sweet market town of Taunton where the County Stores offers a range of local produce - and it even has a 24 hour Tesco. For restaurants, there is Taunton's Michelin-starred Castle Hotel restaurant as well as a wide range of others. Or stay at home and entertain on your own patio. These large decking areas are tucked into the L-shape of the lodges so they enjoy the most possible sunshine. Both have hot tubs, picnic benches and barbecues. The houses themselves have plenty of south facing picture windows so you can watch your children playing on the patios or play equipment while admiring your private woodlands beyond from the comfort of your house.
The private wood is a terrific area for the young to explore. David and Maria have cut paths through it to secret glades. A mix of silver birch, oak and conifers, it's a haunt of shy roe and red deer, badgers and even otters, who chose the little trout in Stapley Stream across the land.
David and Maria have a little boy and know how important it is for a holiday house to be safe for children. The pond with its charming rustic bridge is fenced off and, for those with toddlers, the whole patio area is gated.
Above all Willow and Bracken Lodges are a place of peace and relaxation, where you can enjoy your holiday undisturbed.
Please visit http://sleeps12.com/property/willowandbrackenlodges to find out more about the holiday cottage, amenities, surrounding area and places to visit in Somerset.
Check availability and prices on the cottage web site http://sleeps12.com/property/willowandbrackenlodges
- Coates Willow & Wetlands Visitors Centre - 7.1 miles E - Meare Green Court Meare Green, Stoke St. Gregory, Taunton, Tel: 01823 490249
- Combe Sydenham Country Park - 12 miles NW - Monksilver, Taunton, Tel: 01984 656284
- Hinkley Point Visitors Centre - 13 miles N - Bridgwater, Tel: 01278 654700
- Westonzoyland Pumping Museum, Westonzoyland, Bridgwater, Tel: 01823 275795
- West Sedgemoor Nature Reserve for birdwatching, Tel: 01458 252805
Nearest Train Station or Airport: Taunton Railway Station. Exeter and Bristol Airport
Recommended Places to Visit: Whilst in Taunton Visit our Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty - The Blackdown and Quantock Hills, the Somerset Levels and Moors, Brendon Hills, the market town of Wellington and Wiveliscombe - the gateway to Exmoor.
Recommended Places to Eat Out: List of recommended places to eat inside the holiday cottages.
Local Sports: Horse Riding. Golf. Walking. Fishing.
- » Self-catering holiday accommodation with facilities for the elderly or disabled
- » Self catering large country houses in England
- » Self-catering cottages and accommodation near Bath with a designated parking space in the City of Bath
- » Self-catering accommodation in the Home Counties England - rent a cottage
- » Self-catering holiday accommodation in Street, Somerset
- » Self-catering holiday accommodation in Bridgwater, Somerset
- » Holiday cottages, pine lodges and self-catering in Minehead, Somerset
- » Self-catering rentals near Luton Airport, north of London
- » Self-catering near Dulverton Somerset
- » Self-catering accommodation in and near Exmoor National Park
- » 2 bedroom self catering holiday accommodation
- » A random collection of holiday cottages with parking in England
- » Self-catering accommodation near Windsor Castle
- » Self-catering holiday cottages in the West Midlands
- » Family holiday parks in England UK with self-catering cottages to rent
- » Self-catering holiday accommodation in England with facilities for children
- » Self-catering holiday accommodation in Evercreech, Somerset
- » Large group accommodation in Somerset in houses and mansions
- » Country cottages and self-catering accommodation in England to sleep 4 people
- » 3 and 4 bedroomed cottages with a wood burner in England
Similar Country Cottages
LODGE WITH HOT-TUB ** Stay 5 nights pay for 4 ** CHRISTMAS 2013 special offer. Enjoy Christmas day in one of our luxury 5* lodges during your 5 night stay, to be taken between December 21st and 29th...
This special offer ends on 25-05-2013
Rutland Lodges at Greetham Valley
JUNE 2013 OFFERS Short break (long weekend or midweek) in Mill Cottage or a Rutland Lodge for just £325 (was £475) or a 7 day break for just £500 (was £725)
This special offer ends on 30-06-2013
Meare Court with own hot tub, sleeps max 15, special offer 2 night break weekend, late check out Sunday.
This special offer ends on 01-07-2013