Winstitchen Farm - Minehead, Somerset, England
Number of units of accommodation: 1
Sleeps from 2 to 12 people in 4 bedrooms
Number of bathrooms: 4
Short Breaks: Yes - The minimum number of days for a short break is 2
Suitable for the disabled:
Children are welcome:
Pet Friendly: (3 welcome)
Winstitchen Farmhouse - sleeps 10 + 4 children's beds.
The spacious Winstitchen farmhouse dates back to 1840 and has been extensively modernised over the years. The front door opens into a large reception hall which has views to the courtyard. Opening from the hall is the Drawing room. This is a large well proportioned room with French doors and windows opening into the garden, and extensive views to the moor. There are plenty of comfortable sofas and arm chairs and a large wood burner in the fireplace. The kitchen has been hand made in maple and is fully fitted with Belfast sinks, dishwasher, microwave, larder fridge, matching freezer, electric hob and oil fired Aga. In the centre of the room is a 10ft oak dining table, which seats a minimum of 12. From the kitchen you can walk through to the large boot room, with boiler, washing machine, large clothes drying rack, and plenty of space for hanging coats and storing muddy wellies, and there is direct access to the courtyard via the back door. Also on the ground floor is one bedroom with 3 single beds and en-suite shower room. On the first floor are three further bedrooms all with glorious views: a double with king size bed and en-suite bathroom with enamel cast iron Victorian bath and separate shower. Two further double rooms each with king size beds, and one with an additional single bed, both with en-suite bathrooms.
This owner/agency has featured on countrycottagesonline.com since 2007
|01598 741 289 or 07969 123540|
|Click here to email owner|
|Payment Options: cheque, bank transfer, credit card
Contact: Mr. Richard Organ
|Television||Indoor Hot Tub|
|Sky Television||Outdoor Hot Tub|
|Video or DVD||Shower|
|Ensuite Bathroom||Wood Stove|
|Central heating||Laundry facilities|
|Games Room||Swimming Pool|
|Towels provided||Bed linen provided|
Winstitchen is located in the centre of Exmoor National Park and occupies an outstanding position on the moor, completely secluded yet easily accessible. Simonsbath a well known Exmoor landmark is barely a mile with pub and Hotel, and Exford with Post Office, Store, Newsagent, Pub and Hotel, a five minute drive away. Winstitchen is found at the end of a tarmac drive lined with Beech trees enjoying uninterrupted views over moorland with direct access on to the moor for walking and riding. Approached through a five bar gate the farmhouse, cottage and stables create an attractive courtyard with circular lawn. Walking - there are many well known scenic walks, Riding - enjoy the wonderful moorland views from the back of a horse. Bring your own or hire one locally. Beaches- Croyde, Saunton Sands and Woolacombe are a short drive away. There are miles of sandy beaches and plenty of water sports to enjoy.
Please visit http://exmoor-country-cottages.com to find out more about the holiday cottage, amenities, surrounding area and places to visit in Somerset.
North Devon Coast with Croyde, Saunton Sands and Woolacombe beaches, Exmoor National Park, Tarka Trail, Eden Project. windsurfing or skimboarding at Woolacombe,Westward Ho or Saunton
Nearest Train Station or Airport: Taunton railway station, Bristol airport
Recommended Places to Visit: Barnstable Pannier Market, Dartington Crystal, Clovelly, Eden Project,Maritime museum at Appledore,
Annual Events: Golden Horse Shoe Ride, June. Exmoor Food Festival, September.
Recommended Places to Eat Out: Tarr Steps restaruant,Woods wine Bar, Exmoor Forest Hotel
Local Sports: cycling, horse riding, wind surfing walking,quad biking,archery,clay pigeon shooting,fishing.
- » Vacation rentals - Bath
- » Large houses to rent in Somerset for self-catering holidays and weekend breaks
- » Holiday cottages - Somerset
- » Country cottages in Somerset
- » Large group accommodation - Somerset
- » Self-catering holiday accommodation in Somerset available for long winter lets
- » Self-catering short break holidays in Somerset, England
- » Cottages in Somerset near a pub
- » Holiday cottages in Somerset
- » Cottages for 2 in Somerset
- » Dog friendly holiday cottages in Somerset
- » Self-catering holiday accommodation in Somerset England near golf courses
- » Self-catering cottages in the West Country : Cornwall, Devon, Somerset
- » Self-catering holidays in Somerset
- » Family self-catering holiday cottages in Somerset
- » Holiday cottages in the Mendip Hills for self catering holidays in a beautiful area
- » Self Catering Cottages in Somerset with swimming pools
- » Luxury Self Catering Holiday Cottages in Somerset
- » Self catering cottages on or near the coast in Somerset
- » Self Catering Log Cabin Holidays in Somerset
Similar Country Cottages
Registered Office: 17 Fennfields Rd, South Woodham, Chelmsford, CM3 5RZ.
Registered in England and Wales No 3991504, VAT registration number: 104 353357