The Cleeve - Hawkcombe, Porlock, Somerset, EnglandAdd to Favourites
|01273 276 596 or 07767474247|
|Click here to email owner|
|Payment Options: cheque, bank transfer
Contact: Mr. K Bramhill
Key Cottage InformationPrice range from £1897 to £4497 per week
Number of units of accommodation: 1
Sleeps from 1 to 28 people in 8 bedrooms
Number of bathrooms: 6
Short Breaks: Yes - The minimum number of days for a short break is 2
Suitable for the disabled:
Children are welcome: Cot, High Chair available.
Rating: Not assessed
The owner/agency for The Cleeve has been advertising with Country Cottages Online for more than 6 years. Read More
Welcome to The Cleeve - a large country house set in the Exmoor National Park, perfect for large groups and celebrations of all kinds.
The house can easily sleep up to 16 people in luxurious comfort, or up to 28 with children (maximum 20 adults). We offer the ideal house for entertaining with a dining room to happily accommodate up to 28, roaring log fires (imagine that for Christmas and New Year), beautiful boutique style bedrooms for guests, luxury kitchens for preparing those sumptuous banquets and parties. Plus we can arrange for outside caterers and additional services for you should you require them.
This owner/agency has featured on countrycottagesonline.com since 2008
- Historical Property
- Set in a location once the seat of the West Saxon Kings.
- With Exposed Beams
- Two kitchens. Fantastic walking. Easy restaurant, pub & village amenities access (2 minutes walk). Fantastic views from just about every room. Great for wildlife spotting (deer, birds etc.).
- Sky TV
- Video or DVD
- Internet Access
- Coffee Maker
- Laundry Facilities
- Type of Cooker: There is a 4 oven AGA, a 2 oven conventional cooker and a hob.
- Dining Table Seats: 28
- 3 Kingsize Bed(s)
- 5 Double Bed(s)
- 4 Single Bed(s)
- Bed Linen Provided
- Ensuite Bathroom
- Power Shower
- Jacuzzi Bath
- Towels Provided
- Central Heating
- Open Fire
- Garden: 2 acres with some wild & some tame including a large flat secluded lawn.
- Spectacular views across a valley in an area listed as one of the scenic wonders of the world.
The house is spacious, stylish and very comfortable. We aim to please with all the things you would expect to find like a basket of logs to keep the fire roaring, luxury white cotton bedlinen, wonderfully comfortable luxury pocket sprung mattresses, towels, free wireless internet, and Sky TV (with the movie and sports channels too).
- There is a huge lounge/dining room with great views of the hills. Comfy seating, an open fire, big flat screen TV, DVD player, games console etc.
- The second lounge is octagonal, has another open fire, TV, DVD player etc.
- There are 8+ comfortable and attractive boutique hotel style bedrooms with luxury pocket sprung mattresses and white fluffy cotton bedlinen. Each bedroom can sleep from 2 to 5, some en-suite plus a 9th bedroom off room 3. Ideal for up to 16 people in couples plus optional children or 8 single adults (or 16 sharing rooms but not beds). Other variations are possible, call us to discuss your requirements. Additional guests to your party or event can be accommodated locally if you plan in advance.
- 6 stylish bath or shower rooms. The bathrooms have either of baths, Jacuzzi and/or power showers, (some double size).
- 2 luxury kitchens to cater for large groups. Well equipped with washing machine, clothes dryer, freezer, several fridges, big AGA, conventional oven and hobs, microwave ovens, fast commercial dishwasher.
Do take a look at our own website using the link at the bottom of the page for full details, special offers and events.
The Cleeve is in one of the loveliest villages in the Exmoor National Park, secluded but not remote. Restaurants, pubs and shops are 2 minutes away. Near beaches and cliff walks on the Somerset and Devon border.
Please visit http://www.the-cleeve.co.uk/ to find out more about the holiday cottage, amenities, surrounding area and places to visit in Somerset.
Please contact us for availability, prices and bookings
The house is very private, set in 2 acres of garden in the small village of Hawkcombe near Porlock on beautiful Exmoor. There are various walks and trails into the countryside directly from the house. This place was once the seat of West Saxon kings with references in the Doomsday book and the Saxon Chronicles. We are located in a Mesolithic site, much older even than the pyramids of Egypt! Visit the petrified forest and and explore the local beaches and villages.
Porlock is one of the few remaining working villages on Exmoor and has an attractive mix of thatched cottages, shops, tea rooms, pubs and restaurants. It sits in the natural bowl known as Porlock Vale which is surrounded on three sides by hills, with the notoriously steep Porlock Hill to the west and the sea to the north. The Porlock Visitor Centre is unmatched for local knowledge, the ancient parish church of St. Dubricius with its distinctive truncated spire, sits in the centre of the village with the Dovery museum and the Ship Inn, visited by the poet Robert Southey at opposite ends of Porlock village.
Other lovely villages to visit include Porlock Weir, a former small working harbour enclosed by lock gates. The shingle ridge, groynes and views across Porlock Bay to Hurlstone Point are much loved by artists and photographers.Horner is a picturesque National Trust village with many thatched cottages, water mill, tea rooms, ancient woods and the trickling Horner Water which form part of a National Nature Reserve which is renowned for red deer, rare lichens and ancient oaks. A walk beside Horner Water on a sunny day is simply magical.
Other villages worth visiting are Allerford for its fifteenth century packhorse bridge over Aller Brook and The West Somerset Rural Life Museum.
Dunster medieval village.
Lynton and Lynmouth for the water powered cliff railway.
Watersmeet beauty spot, Selworthy with its picture postcard green surrounded by thatched cottages, National Trust shop and splendid tearoom.
The smallest parish church in England in Culbone which inspired Coleridge's 'Kubla Khan'.
Nearest Train Station or Airport: The nearest train station run by West Somerset Railway is at Minehead, about 5 miles away which has services to Dunster, Watchet, Williton, Donniford, Stogumber, Crowcombe and Bishops Lydeard (for Taunton via 3 mile bus link).
Recommended Places to Visit: Walkers might wish to go for day trips walking the Quantocks and Brendon Hills, even Dartmoor isn't too far away. The city of Bristol is 40 miles away. Lots of tourist attractions, NT houses and open gardens.
Annual Events: There are events and things to do every day of every week.
Recommended Places to Eat Out: There are lots of restaurants & pubs in Porlock and may other places close by such as Andrews on the Wier in Porlock Wier or Woods in Dulverton.
Local Sports: Walking, biking, horse riding, sailing, sports facilities of Porlock on the doorstep.
- » Vacation rentals - Bath
- » Large houses to rent in Somerset for self-catering holidays and weekend breaks
- » Holiday cottages - Somerset
- » Country cottages in Somerset
- » Accommodation for Large Groups in Somerset
- » Self-catering holiday accommodation in Somerset available for long winter lets
- » Self-catering short break holidays in Somerset, England
- » Cottages in Somerset near a pub
- » Holiday cottages in Somerset
- » Cottages for 2 people or couples in Somerset
- » Dog friendly holiday cottages in Somerset
- » Self-catering holiday accommodation in Somerset England near golf courses
- » Self-catering cottages in the West Country : Cornwall, Devon, Somerset
- » Self-catering holidays in Somerset
- » Family self-catering holiday cottages in Somerset
- » Holiday cottages in the Mendip Hills for self catering holidays in a beautiful area
- » Self Catering Cottages in Somerset with swimming pools
- » Luxury Self Catering Holiday Cottages in Somerset
- » Self catering cottages on or near the coast in Somerset
- » Wooden Lodges and Log Cabin Holidays in Somerset
Similar English Country Cottages
The Barn at Redcliffe Farm England, Somerset, Cheddar
Home Farm Cottages England, Somerset, Winscombe
Ashton Cottages England, Somerset, Cheddar
Yew Tree House England, Somerset, Glastonbury
Webbington Farm Holiday Cottages England, Somerset, Cheddar
Double House Farmhouse England, Somerset, Henton
3 night break arriving Friday 11th September from £203.
This special offer ends on 13-09-2015
Perfect for leisure or as a business base.
This special offer ends on 11-09-2015
21st - 28th Sept 2015 Save £200 when you book During these dates.
This special offer ends on 28-09-2015
This offer is for 3 nights.
This special offer ends on 12-09-2015
Apple Loft at Twistgates Farm Cottages
Mid week break (Mon - Thurs inclusive) starting 7th September.
This special offer ends on 11-09-2015