The Cleeve - Hawkcombe, Porlock, Somerset, England
|add to shortlist|
Number of units of accommodation: 1
Sleeps from 1 to 28 people in 8 bedrooms
Number of bathrooms: 6
Short Breaks: Yes - The minimum number of days for a short break is 2
Suitable for the disabled:
Children are welcome:
Rating: Not assessed
The house can easily sleep up to 16 people in luxurious comfort, or up to 28 with children (maximum 20 adults). We offer the ideal house for entertaining with a dining room to happily accommodate up to 28, roaring log fires (imagine that for Christmas and New Year), beautiful boutique style bedrooms for guests, luxury kitchens for preparing those sumptuous banquets and parties. Plus we can arrange for outside caterers and additional services for you should you require them.
This owner/agency has featured on this Country Cottages site since 2008
|01273 276 596 or 07767474247|
|Click here to email owner|
|Payment Options: cheque, bank tansfer
Contact: Mr. K Bramhill
|Television||Indoor Hot Tub|
|Sky Television||Outdoor Hot Tub|
|Video or DVD||Shower|
|Ensuite Bathroom||Wood Stove|
|Central heating||Laundry facilities|
|Games Room||Swimming Pool|
|Towels provided||Bed linen provided|
Two kitchens. Fantastic walking. Easy restaurant, pub & village amenities access (2 minutes walk). Fantastic views from just about every room. Great for wildlife spotting (deer, birds etc.).
The house is spacious, stylish and very comfortable. We aim to please with all the things you would expect to find like a basket of logs to keep the fire roaring, luxury white cotton bedlinen, wonderfully comfortable luxury pocket sprung mattresses, towels, free wireless internet, and Sky TV (with the movie and sports channels too).
- There is a huge lounge/dining room with great views of the hills. Comfy seating, an open fire, big flat screen TV, DVD player, games console etc.
- The second lounge is octagonal, has another open fire, TV, DVD player etc.
- There are 8+ comfortable and attractive boutique hotel style bedrooms with luxury pocket sprung mattresses and white fluffy cotton bedlinen. Each bedroom can sleep from 2 to 5, some en-suite plus a 9th bedroom off room 3. Ideal for up to 16 people in couples plus optional children or 8 single adults (or 16 sharing rooms but not beds). Other variations are possible, call us to discuss your requirements. Additional guests to your party or event can be accommodated locally if you plan in advance.
- 6 stylish bath or shower rooms. The bathrooms have either of baths, Jacuzzi and/or power showers, (some double size).
- 2 luxury kitchens to cater for large groups. Well equipped with washing machine, clothes dryer, freezer, several fridges, big AGA, conventional oven and hobs, microwave ovens, fast commercial dishwasher.
Do take a look at our own website using the link at the bottom of the page for full details, special offers and events.
The Cleeve is in one of the loveliest villages in the Exmoor National Park, secluded but not remote. Restaurants, pubs and shops are 2 minutes away. Near beaches and cliff walks on the Somerset and Devon border.
Please visit http://www.the-cleeve.co.uk/ to find out more about the holiday cottage, amenities, surrounding area and places to visit in Somerset.
Please contact us for availability, prices and bookings
The house is very private, set in 2 acres of garden in the small village of Hawkcombe near Porlock on beautiful Exmoor. There are various walks and trails into the countryside directly from the house. This place was once the seat of West Saxon kings with references in the Doomsday book and the Saxon Chronicles. We are located in a Mesolithic site, much older even than the pyramids of Egypt! Visit the petrified forest and and explore the local beaches and villages.
Porlock is one of the few remaining working villages on Exmoor and has an attractive mix of thatched cottages, shops, tea rooms, pubs and restaurants. It sits in the natural bowl known as Porlock Vale which is surrounded on three sides by hills, with the notoriously steep Porlock Hill to the west and the sea to the north. The Porlock Visitor Centre is unmatched for local knowledge, the ancient parish church of St. Dubricius with its distinctive truncated spire, sits in the centre of the village with the Dovery museum and the Ship Inn, visited by the poet Robert Southey at opposite ends of Porlock village.
Other lovely villages to visit include Porlock Weir, a former small working harbour enclosed by lock gates. The shingle ridge, groynes and views across Porlock Bay to Hurlstone Point are much loved by artists and photographers.Horner is a picturesque National Trust village with many thatched cottages, water mill, tea rooms, ancient woods and the trickling Horner Water which form part of a National Nature Reserve which is renowned for red deer, rare lichens and ancient oaks. A walk beside Horner Water on a sunny day is simply magical.
Other villages worth visiting are Allerford for its fifteenth century packhorse bridge over Aller Brook and The West Somerset Rural Life Museum.
Dunster medieval village.
Lynton and Lynmouth for the water powered cliff railway.
Watersmeet beauty spot, Selworthy with its picture postcard green surrounded by thatched cottages, National Trust shop and splendid tearoom.
The smallest parish church in England in Culbone which inspired Coleridge's 'Kubla Khan'.
Groups might like to climb to The highest point on Exmoor, Dunkery Beacon, for brilliant views and a challenge.
Nearest Train Station or Airport: The nearest train station run by West Somerset Railway is at Minehead, about 5 miles away which has services to Dunster, Watchet, Williton, Donniford, Stogumber, Crowcombe and Bishops Lydeard (for Taunton via 3 mile bus link).
Recommended Places to Visit: Walkers might wish to go for day trips walking the Quantocks and Brendon Hills, even Dartmoor isn't too far away. The city of Bristol is 40 miles away. Lots of tourist attractions, NT houses and open gardens.
Annual Events: There are events and things to do every day of every week.
Recommended Places to Eat Out: There are lots of restaurants & pubs in Porlock and may other places close by such as Andrews on the Wier in Porlock Wier or Woods in Dulverton.
Local Sports: Walking, biking, horse riding, sailing, sports facilities of Porlock on the doorstep.
- » Self-catering holiday accommodation with facilities for the elderly or disabled
- » Self catering large country houses in England
- » Self-catering cottages and accommodation near Bath with a designated parking space in the City of Bath
- » Self-catering accommodation in the Home Counties England - rent a cottage
- » Self-catering holiday accommodation in Street, Somerset
- » Self-catering holiday accommodation in Bridgwater, Somerset
- » Holiday cottages, pine lodges and self-catering in Minehead, Somerset
- » Self-catering rentals near Luton Airport, north of London
- » Self-catering near Dulverton Somerset
- » Self-catering accommodation in and near Exmoor National Park
- » 2 bedroom self catering holiday accommodation
- » A random collection of holiday cottages with parking in England
- » Self-catering accommodation near Windsor Castle
- » Self-catering holiday cottages in the West Midlands
- » Family holiday parks in England UK with self-catering cottages to rent
- » Self-catering holiday accommodation in England with facilities for children
- » Self-catering holiday accommodation in Evercreech, Somerset
- » Large group accommodation in Somerset in houses and mansions
- » Country cottages and self-catering accommodation in England to sleep 4 people
- » 3 and 4 bedroomed cottages with a wood burner in England
Similar Country Cottages
Burnfoot Holiday Cottages
Save £650 this bank holiday weekend! Pet friendly, tennis court, award-winning inn five minutes away, stunning walks direct from the door, in the most tranquil place in England. The Mill (sleeps...
This special offer ends on 26-05-2013
Meare Court with own hot tub, sleeps max 15, special offer 2 night break weekend, late check out Sunday.
This special offer ends on 01-07-2013
The Lodge at Colmer, Modbury, Kingsbridge
First night meal at our local award winning pub for our few remaining June & July weeks!! Ring 07855 488058 to negotiate this very special late availability in Devon at the perfect place for a pe...
This special offer ends on 20-07-2013
Tremaine Green Country Cottages
LATE Availability Discount: 1-3 bedroom cottages available from £336, inclusive. For Latest Offers Tel: 01503 220333. 2-nights 60%, 3-nights 70% and 4-nights 80% of weekly tariff.
This special offer ends on 29-06-2013
Forest View Retreat Lodges
SUMMER SPECIAL OFFER 4 night for 3 on Monday to Friday breaks in Bluebell Lodge throughout our Summer Season!
This special offer ends on 30-09-2013