Oak Cottage - Wallingford, Oxfordshire, England
|add to shortlist|
Number of units of accommodation: 1
Sleeps from 2 to 5 people in 2 bedrooms
Number of bathrooms: 1
Short Breaks: Yes - The minimum number of days for a short break is 2
Suitable for the disabled:
Children are welcome: - Minimum age of child is 2
Situated entirely within the walled garden of Oak House, the cottage is a recent conversion of a Victorian coach house in the heart of historic Wallingford's conservation area. Oak Cottage features exposed oak beams and Victorian leaded light windows.
This owner/agency has featured on this Country Cottages site since 2004
|01491 836 200 or|
|Click here to email owner|
|Payment Options: cheque, bank tansfer
Contact: Mr. Philip Burton
|Television||Indoor Hot Tub|
|Sky Television||Outdoor Hot Tub|
|Video or DVD||Shower|
|Ensuite Bathroom||Wood Stove|
|Central heating||Laundry facilities|
|Games Room||Swimming Pool|
|Towels provided||Bed linen provided|
More about the accommodation in the cottage
- The cottage has an enclosed private garden with a sun-trap patio seating area.
- There are two bedrooms - one double with king-size bed and an optional folding bed, and one double or twin on request.
- There is a large lounge with an open fire, TV, DVD, video, CD/radio and broadband network access.
- The kitchen/dining room has a gas hob, electric oven, dishwasher, fridge, freezer and a microwave. A washing machine and tumble dryer are in a separate utility area.
- Downstairs hall with cloakroom with WC.
- Linen, gas and electricity are included in the rental price.
- Free Superfast Wireless Internet access
- Full gas fired central heating
The River Thames for scenic strolls, cinema/theatre, pubs, many restaurants and Waitrose are all within 500 yards walk. Oxford, Henley, Reading and Newbury are 15-30 minutes drive away. The Cotswolds and Stratford-upon-Avon are within easy reach.
The weekly price of the cottage is reduced by 10% for each night fewer than seven and 10% of the weekly rate is charged for each consecutive night over seven.
Free overnight parking 25m.
Please visit http://oakcottagewallingford.blogspot.com/ to find out more about the holiday cottage, amenities, surrounding area and places to visit in Oxfordshire.
|Pricing period||First night||Last night||Weekly rate||Changeover day||Min Stay & Short Breaks Information||Short Break Nightly Rate|
|Weekday From||Weekend From|
|July||28 Jun 2013||01 Aug 2013||595 GBP||flexible||Flexible (any time)||75 GBP||75 GBP|
|Aug||02 Aug 2013||01 Sep 2013||695 GBP||flexible||Flexible (any time)||88 GBP||88 GBP|
|Sep||02 Sep 2013||02 Oct 2013||595 GBP||flexible||Flexible (any time)||76 GBP||76 GBP|
|Autumn||03 Oct 2013||19 Dec 2013||495 GBP||flexible||Flexible (any time)||63 GBP||63 GBP|
|Christmas and New Year||20 Dec 2013||02 Jan 2014||695 GBP||flexible||No short breaks||-||-|
|Winter||03 Jan 2014||28 Mar 2014||450 GBP||flexible||Flexible (any time)||58 GBP||58 GBP|
|Spring (not bank holidays)||29 Mar 2014||26 Jun 2014||495 GBP||flexible||Flexible (any time)||63 GBP||63 GBP|
Historic market town, ruined castle and Saxon earthworks. Ridgeway and Icknield Way junction with Thames Path close to town. Many pretty villages to explore nearby, including Cholsey, Didcot, Dorchester, and South Stoke.
Nearest Train Station or Airport: Railway Station - Didcot Parkway; London Heathrow Airport
Recommended Places to Visit: Abingdon, Oxford, Cotswolds, Stratford-upon-Avon, Bath, Henley-on-Thames, Wantage, London
Recommended Places to Eat Out: Very wide selection within 500m - Chinese, Indian, Italian, French, Thai...
Local Sports: Golf, Swimming, Tennis, Bowls
Historic charter market town with original Saxon street layout. Royalist stronghold from 1066 - the Normans crossed the Thames here after Hastings. Town loyalty to his mother the Empress Matilda lead to King Henry II granting charter in 1155. Last Royalist stronghold to surrender at end of Civil War. Castle then slighted by Lord Protector Oliver Cromwell. Original US constitution developed here by Judge Blackstone.
- » Cottages in Oxfordshire - for self-catering holidays and short breaks
- » Self-catering holiday accommodation with facilities for the elderly or disabled
- » Self catering large country houses in England
- » Self-catering accommodation in the Home Counties England - rent a cottage
- » Self-catering rentals near Luton Airport, north of London
- » Self-catering accommodation in and near Exmoor National Park
- » Country cottages and self-catering holiday accommodation near Didcot, Oxfordshire
- » 2 bedroom self catering holiday accommodation
- » A random collection of holiday cottages with parking in England
- » Country cottages and self-catering holiday accommodation near South Stoke, Oxfordshire
- » Country cottages and self-catering holiday accommodation near Dorchester, Oxfordshire
- » Self-catering accommodation near Windsor Castle
- » Self-catering holiday cottages in the West Midlands
- » Family holiday parks in England UK with self-catering cottages to rent
- » Self-catering holiday accommodation in England with facilities for children
- » Country cottages and self-catering holiday accommodation near Oxford, Oxfordshire
- » Country cottages and self-catering holiday accommodation near Fifield, Oxfordshire
- » Country cottages and self-catering accommodation in England to sleep 4 people
- » 3 and 4 bedroomed cottages with a wood burner in England
- » Self-catering accommodation near Legoland, England
Similar Country Cottages
LODGE WITH HOT-TUB ** Stay 5 nights pay for 4 ** CHRISTMAS 2013 special offer. Enjoy Christmas day in one of our luxury 5* lodges during your 5 night stay, to be taken between December 21st and 29th...
This special offer ends on 25-05-2013
Bluebell Bank, Sheplegh Court
Week commencing 20 July reduced by £300
This special offer ends on 31-12-2013
Forest View Retreat Lodges
SUMMER SPECIAL OFFER 4 nights for the price of 3 on all midweek Monday to Friday breaks in Bramble Lodge sleeps four Adults for all our Summer Season.
This special offer ends on 30-08-2013
Tythe Barn Cottage
Beautiful 17th century thatched cottage near Chipping Campden. Sleeps 4. Friday 31st May to Thursday 20th June, 7 nights now reduced to £485. Short breaks also possible - 3-night minimum stay. Visi...
This special offer ends on 20-06-2013
Headon Farm Cottages
The Byre Cottage Due to a cancellation
This special offer ends on 25-05-2013