Oak Cottage - Wallingford, Oxfordshire, England
|01491 836 200 or|
|Click here to email owner|
|Payment Options: cheque, bank transfer
Contact: Mr. Philip Burton
Key Cottage InformationPrice range from £450 to £700 per week
Number of units of accommodation: 1
Sleeps from 2 to 5 people in 2 bedrooms
Number of bathrooms: 1
Short Breaks: Yes - The minimum number of days for a short break is 2
Suitable for the disabled:
Children are welcome: - Minimum age of child is 2
Situated entirely within the walled garden of Oak House, the cottage is a recent conversion of a Victorian coach house in the heart of historic Wallingford's conservation area. Oak Cottage features exposed oak beams and Victorian leaded light windows.
This owner/agency has featured on countrycottagesonline.com since 2004
- Historical Property
- In Wallingford's conservation area - built 1840s
- With Exposed Beams
- Video or DVD
- Internet Access
- Laundry Facilities
- Dining Table Seats: 6
- 1 Kingsize Bed(s)
- 2 Single Bed(s)
- Bed Linen Provided
- Towels Provided
- Central Heating
- Open Fire
- Enclosed Garden: Sun-trap patio
- Town Centre
More about the accommodation in the cottage
- The cottage has an enclosed private garden with a sun-trap patio seating area.
- There are two bedrooms - one double with king-size bed and an optional folding bed, and one double or twin on request.
- There is a large lounge with an open fire, TV, DVD, video, CD/radio and wi-fi network access.
- The kitchen/dining room has a gas hob, electric oven, dishwasher, fridge, freezer and a microwave. A washing machine and tumble dryer are in a separate utility area.
- Downstairs hall with cloakroom with WC.
- Linen, gas and electricity are included in the rental price.
- Free Superfast Wireless Internet access
- Full gas fired central heating
The River Thames for scenic strolls, cinema/theatre, pubs, many restaurants and Waitrose are all within 500 yards walk. Oxford, Henley, Reading and Newbury are 15-30 minutes drive away. The Cotswolds and Stratford-upon-Avon are within easy reach.
The weekly price of the cottage is reduced by 10% for each night fewer than seven and 10% of the weekly rate is charged for each consecutive night over seven.
Free overnight parking 25m.
Please visit http://oakcottagewallingford.blogspot.com/ to find out more about the holiday cottage, amenities, surrounding area and places to visit in Oxfordshire.
Historic market town, ruined castle and Saxon earthworks. Ridgeway and Icknield Way junction with Thames Path close to town. Many pretty villages to explore nearby, including Cholsey, Didcot, Dorchester, and South Stoke.
Nearest Train Station or Airport: Railway Station - Didcot Parkway; London Heathrow Airport
Recommended Places to Visit: Abingdon, Oxford, Cotswolds, Stratford-upon-Avon, Bath, Henley-on-Thames, Wantage, London
Recommended Places to Eat Out: Very wide selection within 500m - Chinese, Indian, Italian, French, Thai...
Local Sports: Golf, Swimming, Tennis, Bowls
Historic charter market town with original Saxon street layout. Royalist stronghold from 1066 - the Normans crossed the Thames here after Hastings. Town loyalty to his mother the Empress Matilda lead to King Henry II granting charter in 1155. Last Royalist stronghold to surrender at end of Civil War. Castle then slighted by Lord Protector Oliver Cromwell. Original US constitution developed here by Judge Blackstone.
- » Cottages in Oxfordshire - for self-catering holidays and short breaks
- » Country cottages in Oxfordshire
- » Pet-friendly self-catering holiday accommodation in Oxfordshire
- » Holiday cottages in the Heart of England
- » Country cottages and self-catering holiday accommodation near Chadlington, Oxfordshire
- » Country Cottages in Oxfordshire
- » Self-catering cottage accommodation in Oxfordshire
- » Oxfordshire Country cottages
- » Self-catering short break holidays in Oxfordshire, England
- » Country cottages and self-catering holiday accommodation near Brightwell Baldwin, Oxfordshire
- » Self catering accommodation for the Henley on Thames Royal Regatta
- » Self-catering accommodation near Oxford
- » Luxury holiday cottage in Oxfordshire
- » Self-catering holiday accommodation in Oxfordshire and the Home Counties available for long lets
- » Vacation rentals near Oxford
- » Self-catering holiday accommodation in Oxfordshire England near golf courses
- » Self-catering cottages in the Heart of England
Similar Country Cottages
Beautiful House with River Frontage in Oxfordshire England, Oxfordshire, Drayton St. Leonard
Midsomer Cottage England, Oxfordshire, Iffley Village, Oxford
Old Stable and 3 more cottages England, Oxfordshire, Thame
The Pump House England, Oxfordshire, Wantage
Daisy Cottage England, Oxfordshire, Faringdon
The Cottage, a Pet-Friendly Cottage with Garden, South Coast England, Hampshire, Whitchurch
Oaktree Cottage at Briarhill Farm
Oaktree cottage has been awarded the prestigious 4 star Gold award for quality accommodation and excellent customer service for 2014 and is nestled cottage nestled on 130 acres based on the Cheshire/Shropshire border overlooking a wildlife pond with ducks and moorhens.
This special offer ends on 23-08-2014
Lovely detached village bungalow situated in a quiet position with woodburner.
This special offer ends on 09-08-2014
Luxury break for 1 or 2 nights available in unique boutique lodge with contemporary furniture & mood lighting & spa hot tub at your door on private balcony many extras including quality bedlinens, towels, bathrobes Stunning peaceful location within easy walking distance of busy village & Lake call 07725819384 for details .
This special offer ends on 29-07-2014
Broadgate Farm Cottages
Luxury weekend break in 3 bedroom 5 star Gold cottage.
This special offer ends on 11-08-2014
Registered Office: 17 Fennfields Rd, South Woodham, Chelmsford, CM3 5RZ.
Registered in England and Wales No 3991504, VAT registration number: 104 353357