Harelaw House - Bamburgh, Northumberland, England
|01665 606778 or 01668 215 651|
|Click here to email owner|
|Payment Options: cheque, bank transfer, credit card
Contact: Ms. Zana Juppenlatz
Key Cottage InformationPrice range from £345 to £565 per week
Number of units of accommodation: 1
Sleeps from 1 to 4 people in 2 bedrooms
Number of bathrooms: 2
Short Breaks: Yes - The minimum number of days for a short break is 3
Suitable for the disabled:
Children are welcome:
Pet Friendly: (2 dogs welcome)
Rating: Not assessed
This welcoming cottage is situated away from it all yet within the charming seaside village of Bamburgh which is renowned for its fantastic historical castle and long sandy beach. This holiday house is equipped to a 4 star standard and is just a few minutes’ walk from the castle, the beach with its white wide soft sands and the village’s quality restaurants, tea shops, pubs and delicatessen. A spacious and lovingly decorated holiday house, this could be the perfect place to stay for a relaxing holiday in Northumbria.
This owner/agency has featured on countrycottagesonline.com since 2005
- Historical Property
- Important seat of Christianity with arrival of St Aidan in 11th century; home of Grace Darling & the Grace Darling Museum
- Video or DVD
- Laundry Facilities
- Type of Cooker: Electric oven & hob; microwave
- Dining Table Seats: 4
- 1 Double Bed(s)
- 2 Single Bed(s)
- Bed Linen Provided
- Open Fire
- Wood Stove
- Enclosed Garden: South facing conservatory leads out to timber decked patio with garden furniture & small, fully enclosed, landscaped private garden
- Distant views to sea & over village
In the heart of Northumberland's coastal Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty & Heritage Coast, within easy reach of Lindisfarne/Holy Island, The Farne Islands, Northumberland National Park, The Cheviot Hills, the Scottish Borders & hill walks, horse riding, golf, bird watching and art galleries in Bamburgh, Alnwick, Chatton, Warkworth and elsewhere.Harelaw House has recently been fully double glazed throughout with the highest quality Pennine units making it a pleasure to stay whatever the weather ...
Within this property; DOWNSTAIRS the entrance hall leads to an open-plan dining room - kitchen with breakfast bar, and is warmed by an easily managed wood burning stove & 2 storage heaters; downstairs small Freeview TV, radio cassette & loo-washroom. The kitchen leads to a south-facing conservatory & timber decked patio with garden furniture & small, fully enclosed private, landscaped garden. UPSTAIRS heated with storage heaters are double (1) & twin bedroom (1) & along the hall to a light, south-facing living room with 36" Freeview TV, DVD player, radio/CD player & stock of books & games, storage heaters and electric fire. Opposite the bedrooms is a shower-room and toilet, with storage heater. Linen, bedding & electricity are provided free of charge. Towels are not provided. Parking is opposite the house. Pets are welcome (but sorry, not on the furniture!).
Please visit http://harelawhouse.blogspot.co.uk to find out more about the holiday cottage, amenities, surrounding area and places to visit in Northumberland.
Within minutes walk to beaches and castle; Access to golf courses in Bamburgh, Belford, Wooler, Dunstanburgh/Embleton, Berwick on Tweed, others; Sea trips to Farne Islands; Bamburgh Castle; Grace Darling Museum; ArtWorks in Alnwick gallery; Alnwick Castle & Water Gardens; Paxton House; Dunstanburgh Castle; Ford & Etal Caste Other sporting facilities ( Riding, watersports nearby. ) Arrangements for riding / pony trekking ( Includes stables at Swinhoe near Belford, Kimmerston Riding Stables, Haggerston Castle and many others. )
Nearest Train Station or Airport: Berwick on Tweeed & Newcastle on Tyne main stations; Chathill station; Airport at Newcastle
Recommended Places to Visit: Lindisfarne/Holy Island, The Farne Islands (boat trips from Seahouses), Northumberland National Park, Hadrian's Wall; Berwick on Tweed; The Cheviot Hills, Scottish Borders, Edinburgh, Newcastle on Tyne; Kielder Water & Forest Park etc.
Annual Events: Numerous Music & arts Festivals, Events & Country Shows; Alnwick, Brinkburn & Rothbury Music Festivals
Recommended Places to Eat Out: IN Bamburgh: The Castle Hotel (very nice food and relaxed atmosphere), Lord Crewe Arms (Egon Ronay approved); Blacketts Restaurant; Victoria Hotel Bistro; Copper Kettle Tea-rooms; in Belford: the Gof Club; the Blue Bell Hotel; The Barn at Beal (on access road to Holy Island and terrace restaurant overlooks Holy Island); near Craster: The Cottage Inn & pub overlooking the harbour; Seahouses for Indian restaurants, fish & chips etc
Local Sports: Golf ( Bamburgh, Belford, Dunstanburgh/Embleton, Wooler, others; tennis at Bamburgh, riding includes Belford, Kimmerston near Wooler & many others
Bamburgh is a small, medieval village right next to wide, white soft sand, dog-friendly beaches, overseen by Bamburgh Castle fro its rocky outcrop; the village is unusual, while retaining a very relaxing, almost 1950's feel, at the same time having great amenities, including a number of very good pubs, restaurants, a delicatessen, an award-winning butcher's shop, 2 small stores which sell newspapers, vegetables, tinned food etc
- » Holiday cottages in Northumberland
- » Holiday lets Alnwick - cottages for self-catering holidays and short breaks
- » Self-catering holiday accommodation near Beadnell, Northumberland
- » Self-catering holiday cottage accommodation in Seahouses, Northumberland
- » Self-catering holiday accommodation in or near Hexham, Northumberland
- » Holiday cottages north east England
- » Self-catering holiday accommodation in Cramlington, Northumberland
- » Large 5 bedroom holiday cottages in Northumberland
- » Self-catering holiday accommodation in Mohope, Northumberland
- » Self-catering cottages Northumberland, in the north of England
- » Self-catering holiday accommodation in or near Bamburgh, Northumberland
- » Self-catering holiday accommodation for walkers in Northumberland, England
- » Self-catering Ashington, Northumberland - country cottages, holiday cottages, houses
- » Self catering Belford Northumberland , country cottages, holiday cottages, rental accommodation
- » Cottage complex in Northumbria for a selection of cottages to rent for self-catering holidays
- » Self-catering holiday cottage accommodation in Haltwhistle, Northumberland
- » Self-catering holiday accommodation in Cornhill-On-Tweed, Northumberland
- » Self-catering holiday accommodation in Otterburn, Northumberland
- » Self-catering holiday accommodation in Corbridge, Northumberland
- » Self-catering - Blyth, Northumberland; luxury cottages, holiday cottages, and other rental accommodation
Similar Country Cottages
Doxford Cottages England, Northumberland, Chathill
Rockpool Dogs Welcome Cottage, Northumbria England, Northumberland, Beadnell
Sandy Cove Dogs-welcome Cottage, Northumbria Coast England, Northumberland, Beadnell
Rennington Self-Catering Holiday Cottages England, Northumberland, Alnwick
Coquet Cottages England, Northumberland, Warkworth
Cheviot Holiday Cottages England, Northumberland, Ingram
Meadow Cottage at Twistgates Farm Cottages
4 nights starting on Tues 9th Sept for £250.
This special offer ends on 13-09-2014
6th Sept one week stay has been reduced to £320 from £380.
This special offer ends on 13-09-2014
Dittiscombe Holiday Cottages, South Devon
Dovecote, sleeps 4, dogs welcome.
This special offer ends on 12-09-2014
Luxury break for 1 or 2 nights available in unique lodge with contemporary furniture & mood lighting & spa hot tub at your door on private balcony many extras including quality bedlinens, towels, bathrobes Stunning peaceful location within easy walking distance of busy village & Lake call 07725819384 for details .
This special offer ends on 07-09-2014
Week commencing Saturday 6th September 2014 - 7 nights now only - £350 Short breaks also available from £227 (Min 3 nights).
This special offer ends on 13-09-2014
Special offers for September- The Coach House, sleeps 6 in 3 bedrooms, two king-sizes and a twin, large living room, newly fitted kitchen, bathroom, shower room and large enclosed courtyard garden.
This special offer ends on 25-09-2014
Registered Office: 17 Fennfields Rd, South Woodham, Chelmsford, CM3 5RZ.
Registered in England and Wales No 3991504, VAT registration number: 104 353357