The Cattle Byre, Kingston Barns - Shorwell, Isle of Wight, England
|0771 709 8836 or|
|Click here to email owner|
|Payment Options: cheque, bank transfer
Contact: Mrs. Clemency Ives
Key Cottage InformationPrice range from £350 to £535 per week
Number of units of accommodation: 1
Sleeps from 1 to 3 people in 2 bedrooms
Number of bathrooms: 1
Suitable for the disabled:
Children are welcome: Cot, High Chair available.
Pet Friendly: (2 dogs welcome)
Rating: Not assessed
The Cattle Byre is a two bedroom (sleeps 3) cottage available for holiday lets, all year round. The cottage is a recently converted barn located on a quiet farm near the village of Shorwell on the Isle of Wight. From the cottage there is extensive access to footpaths, cycle paths and bridleways and it is only five minutes drive from the sea. There are great walks to the picturesque villages of Shorwell and Godshill. The idyllic village of Shorwell has old thatched cottages and a lovely church that dates back to the reign of Edward III. This is a beautiful part of the Isle of Wight with lots of quiet coves, pubs and local tourist attractions to discover.
Blackgang Chine Park for families is a short ten minute drive away. The lovely coastal resort of Ventnor just a little further.
This owner/agency has featured on countrycottagesonline.com since 2009
- Historical Property
- With Exposed Beams
- Video or DVD
- Laundry Facilities
- Dining Table Seats: 4
- 1 Double Bed(s)
- 1 Single Bed(s)
- Bed Linen Provided
- Power Shower
- Central Heating
- Enclosed Garden: Courtyard and lawn
- Views across fields and woodland.
The cottage is a detached bungalow with all the rooms on one level. It is heated with under floor heating throughout. There is one double bedroom and one single room. There is one bathroom with a shower only. The open plan living area has a newly fitted kitchen is equipped with an electric oven and hob, fridge/freezer, dishwasher, washing machine and tumble dryer. There is a comfortable seating area with armchairs and a sofa to relax in reading a book or watching the television.
Children and dogs are welcome (other pets on a discretionary basis). There is parking adjacent to the cottage and lots of outside space, ideal for children to run around, in safety. There are also two stables available for use. A high chair and cot can be provided if required and all linen, except towels, can be provided at no extra cost. Reservations usually run from Saturday to Saturday. Long weekends are available out of high season. Check-in is usually after 3 p.m. and checkout by 10 a.m. There is no smoking inside the cottage.
Please visit http://www.clemsplaces.com to find out more about the holiday cottage, amenities, surrounding area and places to visit in Isle of Wight.
Please contact us for availability, prices and bookings
|Pricing period||First night||Last night||Weekly rate||Changeover day||Min Stay & Short Breaks Information||Short Break Nightly Rate|
|Weekday From||Weekend From|
|Low||01 Oct 2014||19 Dec 2014||225 GBP||Saturday||No short breaks||-||-|
|Mid||20 Dec 2014||02 Jan 2015||275 GBP||Saturday||No short breaks||-||-|
|Low||03 Jan 2015||20 Feb 2015||225 GBP||Saturday||No short breaks||-||-|
|Mid||21 Feb 2015||27 Feb 2015||275 GBP||Saturday||No short breaks||-||-|
|Low||28 Feb 2015||27 Mar 2015||225 GBP||Saturday||No short breaks||-||-|
|Mid||28 Mar 2015||01 May 2015||275 GBP||Saturday||No short breaks||-||-|
|High||02 May 2015||08 May 2015||350 GBP||Saturday||No short breaks||-||-|
|Mid||09 May 2015||22 May 2015||275 GBP||Saturday||No short breaks||-||-|
|High||23 May 2015||29 May 2015||350 GBP||Saturday||No short breaks||-||-|
|Mid||30 May 2015||03 Jul 2015||275 GBP||Saturday||No short breaks||-||-|
|High||04 Jul 2015||04 Sep 2015||350 GBP||Saturday||No short breaks||-||-|
|Mid||05 Sep 2015||02 Oct 2015||275 GBP||Saturday||No short breaks||-||-|
|Low||03 Oct 2015||16 Oct 2015||225 GBP||Saturday||No short breaks||-||-|
|Mid||17 Oct 2015||23 Oct 2015||275 GBP||Saturday||No short breaks||-||-|
|Low||24 Oct 2015||18 Dec 2015||225 GBP||Saturday||No short breaks||-||-|
|Mid||19 Dec 2015||01 Jan 2016||275 GBP||flexible||No short breaks||-||-|
St Peters, Shorwell - a 12th century church. Blackgang Chine Theme Park, Ventnor. Carisbrooke Castle and Museum. Compton Bay.
Nearest Train Station or Airport:
Recommended Places to Visit: The Needles and Alum Bay, Totland. Osborne House, West Cowes.
Annual Events: Isle of Wight Walking Festival 2011 Isle of Wight Festival 2011 Cowes Week 2011 Cowes Classic Powerboat Race 2011 Bestival 2011 Isle of Wight Cycling Festival 2011 Weekend Isle of Wight Walking Festival 2011
Recommended Places to Eat Out: The Crown Inn, Shorwell Wight Mouse Inn, Chale The Hambrough, Ventnor
Local Sports: Cycling, horse riding, walking, surfing
- » Holiday cottages with a swimming pool - Isle of Wight
- » Self-catering cottages in the Isle of Wight for families with young children
- » Cottages on the Isle of Wight - for self-catering holidays
- » Holiday cottages for self-catering holidays - Newbridge, Isle of Wight
- » Holiday cottages for self-catering holidays - Carisbrooke, Isle of Wight
- » Holiday cottages for self-catering holidays - Easton, Isle of Wight
- » Self-catering short break holidays in the Isle of Wight, England
- » Holiday cottages for self-catering holidays - Hamstead, Isle of Wight
- » Holiday cottages for self-catering holidays - St Lawrence, Isle of Wight
- » Holiday cottages for self-catering holidays - Niton, Isle of Wight
- » Holiday cottages for self-catering holidays - Brightstone, Isle of Wight
- » Holiday cottages for self-catering holidays - Wootton Common, Isle of Wight
- » Self-catering cottage accommodation in Isle of Wight
- » Holiday cottages for self-catering holidays - Totland, Isle of Wight
- » Self-catering holiday accommodation in the Isle of Wight available for long lets
- » Holiday cottages for self-catering holidays - Norton, Isle of Wight
- » Holiday cottages in the Isle of Wight
- » Holiday cottages for self-catering holidays - Brading, Isle of Wight
- » Holiday cottages for self-catering holidays - Newchurch, Isle of Wight
- » Holiday cottages for self-catering holidays - Osborne, Isle of Wight
Similar Country Cottages
The Dairy, Kingston Barns England, Isle of Wight, Shorwell
The Pigsty, Kingston Barns England, Isle of Wight, Shorwell
Little Thatch Coastal Cottage, South Coast England, Isle of Wight, Shorwell
The Cottage at Great East Standen Manor England, Isle of Wight, Arreton
The Beach Retreat England, Isle of Wight, Cowes
Romany Cottage England, Isle of Wight, Freshwater
Elms Farm Cottages
Christmas availability due to cancellation.
This special offer ends on 28-12-2014
Longbow Barns Upper Apartment self catering accommodation, West Country
Three nights at Longbow Barns upper apartment from 13th to 16th January 2015 £325.
This special offer ends on 16-01-2015
Honeysuckle, romantic couples' cottage in South Devon
Cosy Christmas in Honeysuckle, sleeping 2, 1 dog welcome.
This special offer ends on 27-12-2014
Longbow Barns Lower Apartment, self catering accommodation, West Country
Three nights for up to six people in the spacious lower apartment at Longbow Barns.
This special offer ends on 16-01-2015