The Cattle Byre, Kingston Barns - Shorwell, Isle of Wight, England
|0771 709 8836 or|
|Click here to email owner|
|Payment Options: cheque, bank transfer
Contact: Mrs. Clemency Ives
Key Cottage InformationPrice range from £350 to £535 per week
Number of units of accommodation: 1
Sleeps from 1 to 3 people in 2 bedrooms
Number of bathrooms: 1
Suitable for the disabled:
Children are welcome: Cot, High Chair available.
Pet Friendly: (2 dogs welcome)
Rating: Not assessed
The Cattle Byre is a two bedroom (sleeps 3) cottage available for holiday lets, all year round. This lovely good quality barn conversion is situated on a quiet farm close to the village of Shorwell on the Isle of Wight. From the property there is easy access to footpaths, cycle paths and bridleways and it is just 5 minutes’ drive from the sea. There are some lovely walks to the nearby pretty villages of Shorwell and Godshill. Shorwell is an idyllic village complete with beautiful historical thatched cottages and lots of charm. This is a lovely part of the Isle of Wight with lots of quiet coves, pubs and local tourist attractions to explore.
Blackgang Chine Park for families is a short ten minute drive away. The lovely coastal resort of Ventnor just a little further.
This owner/agency has featured on countrycottagesonline.com since 2009
- Historical Property
- With Exposed Beams
- Video or DVD
- Laundry Facilities
- Dining Table Seats: 4
- 1 Double Bed(s)
- 1 Single Bed(s)
- Bed Linen Provided
- Power Shower
- Central Heating
- Enclosed Garden: Courtyard and lawn
- Views across fields and woodland.
The cottage is a detached bungalow with all the rooms on one level. It is heated with under floor heating throughout. There is one double bedroom and one single room. There is one bathroom with a shower only. The open plan living area has a newly fitted kitchen is equipped with an electric oven and hob, fridge/freezer, dishwasher, washing machine and tumble dryer. There is a comfortable seating area with armchairs and a sofa to relax in reading a book or watching the television.
Children and dogs are welcome (other pets on a discretionary basis). There is parking adjacent to the cottage and lots of outside space, ideal for children to run around, in safety. There are also two stables available for use. A high chair and cot can be provided if required and all linen, except towels, can be provided at no extra cost. Reservations usually run from Saturday to Saturday. Long weekends are available out of high season. Check-in is usually after 3 p.m. and checkout by 10 a.m. There is no smoking inside the cottage.
Please visit http://www.clemsplaces.com to find out more about the holiday cottage, amenities, surrounding area and places to visit in Isle of Wight.
Please contact us for availability, prices and bookings
|Pricing period||First night||Last night||Weekly rate||Changeover day||Min Stay & Short Breaks Information||Short Break Nightly Rate|
|Weekday From||Weekend From|
|Low||01 Oct 2014||19 Dec 2014||225.00 GBP||Saturday||No short breaks||-||-|
|Mid||20 Dec 2014||02 Jan 2015||275.00 GBP||Saturday||No short breaks||-||-|
|Low||03 Jan 2015||20 Feb 2015||225.00 GBP||Saturday||No short breaks||-||-|
|Mid||21 Feb 2015||27 Feb 2015||275.00 GBP||Saturday||No short breaks||-||-|
|Low||28 Feb 2015||27 Mar 2015||225.00 GBP||Saturday||No short breaks||-||-|
|Mid||28 Mar 2015||01 May 2015||275.00 GBP||Saturday||No short breaks||-||-|
|High||02 May 2015||08 May 2015||350.00 GBP||Saturday||No short breaks||-||-|
|Mid||09 May 2015||22 May 2015||275.00 GBP||Saturday||No short breaks||-||-|
|High||23 May 2015||29 May 2015||350.00 GBP||Saturday||No short breaks||-||-|
|Mid||30 May 2015||03 Jul 2015||275.00 GBP||Saturday||No short breaks||-||-|
|High||04 Jul 2015||04 Sep 2015||350.00 GBP||Saturday||No short breaks||-||-|
|Mid||05 Sep 2015||02 Oct 2015||275.00 GBP||Saturday||No short breaks||-||-|
|Low||03 Oct 2015||16 Oct 2015||225.00 GBP||Saturday||No short breaks||-||-|
|Mid||17 Oct 2015||23 Oct 2015||275.00 GBP||Saturday||No short breaks||-||-|
|Low||24 Oct 2015||18 Dec 2015||225.00 GBP||Saturday||No short breaks||-||-|
|Mid||19 Dec 2015||01 Jan 2016||275.00 GBP||flexible||No short breaks||-||-|
St Peters, Shorwell - a 12th century church. Blackgang Chine Theme Park, Ventnor. Carisbrooke Castle and Museum. Compton Bay.
Nearest Train Station or Airport:
Recommended Places to Visit: The Needles and Alum Bay, Totland. Osborne House, West Cowes.
Annual Events: Isle of Wight Walking Festival 2011 Isle of Wight Festival 2011 Cowes Week 2011 Cowes Classic Powerboat Race 2011 Bestival 2011 Isle of Wight Cycling Festival 2011 Weekend Isle of Wight Walking Festival 2011
Recommended Places to Eat Out: The Crown Inn, Shorwell Wight Mouse Inn, Chale The Hambrough, Ventnor
Local Sports: Cycling, horse riding, walking, surfing
- » Holiday cottages with a swimming pool - Isle of Wight
- » Self-catering cottages in the Isle of Wight for families with young children
- » Cottages on the Isle of Wight - for self-catering holidays
- » Holiday cottages for self-catering holidays - Newbridge, Isle of Wight
- » Holiday cottages for self-catering holidays - Carisbrooke, Isle of Wight
- » Holiday cottages for self-catering holidays - Easton, Isle of Wight
- » Self-catering short break holidays in the Isle of Wight, England
- » Holiday cottages for self-catering holidays - Hamstead, Isle of Wight
- » Holiday cottages for self-catering holidays - St Lawrence, Isle of Wight
- » Holiday cottages for self-catering holidays - Niton, Isle of Wight
- » Holiday cottages for self-catering holidays - Brightstone, Isle of Wight
- » Holiday cottages for self-catering holidays - Wootton Common, Isle of Wight
- » Self-catering cottage accommodation in Isle of Wight
- » Holiday cottages for self-catering holidays - Totland, Isle of Wight
- » Self-catering holiday accommodation in the Isle of Wight available for long lets
- » Holiday cottages for self-catering holidays - Norton, Isle of Wight
- » Holiday cottages in the Isle of Wight
- » Holiday cottages for self-catering holidays - Brading, Isle of Wight
- » Holiday cottages for self-catering holidays - Newchurch, Isle of Wight
- » Holiday cottages for self-catering holidays - Osborne, Isle of Wight
Similar English Country Cottages
Coach House Country Retreat England, Isle of Wight, Chale
The Cottage at Great East Standen Manor England, Isle of Wight, Arreton
Rush Family-Holiday House England, Isle of Wight, Shanklin
Mulberry Rest England, Isle of Wight, Newchurch
The Beach Retreat England, Isle of Wight, Cowes
The Springs Romantic Holiday Lodge England, Isle of Wight, Ryde
Acorn Retreat, at Oakmead House, edge of Exmoor
Vacancy 5th to 12th June, at Acorn Retreat, Exmoor, a peaceful cottage for two, in private, lakeside, 10 acre gardens and grounds, bordered by the river Bray and perfect for relaxing or exploring the dramatic North Devon coast and countryside.
This special offer ends on 12-06-2015
Last Weekend in June available at Ravensprings.
This special offer ends on 21-06-2015