The Barn, Rhodds Farm - Lyonshall, Herefordshire, England
|01544 327 121 or|
|Click here to email owner|
|Payment Options: cheque, bank transfer, credit card
Contact: Mrs. Alison O'Grady
Key Cottage InformationPrice range from £415 to £725 per week
Number of units of accommodation: 1
Sleeps from 1 to 4 people in 2 bedrooms
Number of bathrooms: 3
Short Breaks: Yes - The minimum number of days for a short break is 2
Suitable for the disabled:
Children are welcome: Cot, High Chair available.
Rating: Not assessed
The Barn sleeps 4 in 2 bedrooms (1 double room, 1 twin room, both ensuite) and is a very fine converted threshing barn in the grounds of Rhodds Farm set amongst the rolling hills and farmland of North Herefordshire. Rhodds Farm is no longer a working farm, but home to a professional garden designer, and the 2 acre garden and 13 acres of woodland are an idyllic spot for visitors to enjoy at their leisure. The Barn is huge, but with intimate and cosy areas, including very comfy settees by a woodburning stove, a large library, a grand piano, an area to watch TV, and a balcony with out door furniture overlooking a dleightful wildlife pond. The Barn is a home: filled with books, rugs, paintings and antique furniture. It has full height French windows making it light and airy with lovely views onto the gardens. It is in a very peaceful location surrounded by 13 acres of private woodland which are covered with bluebells in spring. Rhodds Farm is at the end of a long drive, without neighbours, traffic or traffic noise: a perfect spot for garden lovers, and anyone seeking peace and quiet.
This owner/agency has featured on countrycottagesonline.com since 2008
- Historical Property
- converted victorian threshing barn
- With Exposed Beams
- set in beautiful gardens with 13 acres of woodland
- Video or DVD
- Internet Access
- Laundry Facilities
- Bed Linen Provided
- Ensuite Bathroom
- Power Shower
- Towels Provided
- Central Heating
- Wood Stove
- Enclosed Garden: Set in a very special 2 acre garden designed by the owner, who is a professional garden designer
This is a perfect property for :
- Garden lovers
- Outdoor enthusiasts: there is immediate access from the property to local footpaths and endless opportunites for walking close by, including Offa’s Dyke long distance footpath can be joined at Kington, which is 2 miles away. The Brecon Beacons, and the Black Mountains are within a half hour drive, and the little known wild and beautiful Radnorshire hills are just 15 minutes distant.
- Celebrations: families and friends seeking a wonderful location for a celebration or special birthday will enjoy the spacious entertaining space. The property can be booked in conjunction with the 2 cottages at Little Quebb which are just 3 miles down the road, providing total accommodation for 13.
- Lovers of history: the black & white village trail through the medieval villages of North Herefordshire can be accessed down the road at Eardisley. Hereford, Hay on Wye and Ludlow are all within an esay distance and all offer lots to interest cultural enthusiasts.
- Foodies - the Stagg at Titley, a Michelin starred pub, just 3 miles.
There is lots to do in the area for anyone interested in gardens, history, walking, cycling or touring around. Visit historical national trust properties nearby such as Croft Castle with access to the iron age hill fort at Croft Amberely where you can take in spectacular views across into Shropshire. The Welsh border town of Presteigne is also close by and is famous for its international music festival which is held at the end of August each year.
The barn is well equipped with everything you could possibly need in the kitchen, a welcome pack of local produce , good quality linen and towels, maps and lots of local information.
There are two bedrooms with excellent interior sprung mattresses. One room has a a kingsized bed, and the other twin beds. Both have ensuite bathrooms, and there is also a separtae shower room and cloakroom downstairs.
Please visit http://www.littlequebbcottages.co.uk/the-barn-rhodds-farm.html to find out more about the holiday cottage, amenities, surrounding area and places to visit in Herefordshire.
Please contact us for availability, prices and bookings
Walkers and cyclists - There are footpaths from the door, and Offa’s Dyke long distance footpath can be accessed at Kington, which is 2 miles away. Close to the black & White village trail through meieval Herefordshire villages Easy access to Hay on Wye ( 9miles ) and Ludlow ( 14 miles)
Nearest Train Station or Airport: Hereford
Recommended Places to Visit: Elan Valley Dams Raglan Castle Symonds Yat Hay on wye - the town of Books Powys Castle, Welshpool Ludlow and Ludlow castle
Annual Events: Hay Literary Festival May 28th - June 6th Titley Jazz Festival 30th - 31st July Presteigne Music Fetsival August 27th- August 30th
Recommended Places to Eat Out: Lyonshall has a very friendly local pub serving traditional pub food. There are several good pubs and restaurants at hand including the Michelin starred pub in Titley, a lovely riverside pub in Aymestry, and excellent food shops and restaurants in Ludlow, famous as the centre for the slow food movement in Britain.
Local Sports: Walking, cycling, golf, fishing
- » Pet-friendly self-catering holiday accommodation in Herefordshire
- » Self-catering near Ludlow
- » Holiday cottages Worcestershire Herefordshire and Shropshire
- » Self-catering accommodation in Herefordshire
- » Self-catering cottage accommodation in Herefordshire
- » Pet-friendly cottages for 4 in Herefordshire available for Xmas
- » Self-catering holiday accommodation in Herefordshire available for long lets
- » Self-catering cottages and holiday accommodation in Herefordshire, for walkers
- » Self-catering accommodation for the Hay Festival
- » Country cottages and self-catering accommodation with a local pub
- » Self-catering short break holidays in Herefordshire, England
- » Self-catering holiday accommodation in Herefordshire England near golf courses
- » Country cottages in Herefordshire - for rural bliss
Similar Country Cottages
The Colloquy England, Herefordshire, Kington
Little Canwood House England, Herefordshire, Hereford
Field Cottage England, Herefordshire, Kington
Owl Barn England, Herefordshire, Leominster
The Dogs Welcome Cabin with fishing England, Herefordshire, Moreton Jeffries
The Stables England, Herefordshire, Little Cowarne
Escape to Wales for a 7 night break week commencing Sat 20th September now £280.
This special offer ends on 27-09-2014
Longbow Barns Lower Apartment, self catering accommodation, West Country
Seven nights £480: Five nights £420: Three nights £385.
This special offer ends on 10-10-2014