The Barn, Rhodds Farm - Lyonshall, Herefordshire, England
|add to shortlist|
Number of units of accommodation: 1
Sleeps from 1 to 4 people in 2 bedrooms
Number of bathrooms: 3
Short Breaks: Yes - The minimum number of days for a short break is 2
Suitable for the disabled:
Children are welcome:
Rating: Not assessed
The Barn sleeps 4 in 2 bedrooms (1 double room, 1 twin room, both ensuite) and is a very fine converted threshing barn in the grounds of Rhodds Farm set amongst the rolling hills and farmland of North Herefordshire. Rhodds Farm is no longer a working farm, but home to a professional garden designer, and the 2 acre garden and 13 acres of woodland are an idyllic spot for visitors to enjoy at their leisure. The Barn is huge, but with intimate and cosy areas, including very comfy settees by a woodburning stove, a large library, a grand piano, an area to watch TV, and a balcony with out door furniture overlooking a dleightful wildlife pond. The Barn is a home: filled with books, rugs, paintings and antique furniture. It has full height French windows making it light and airy with lovely views onto the gardens. It is in a very peaceful location surrounded by 13 acres of private woodland which are covered with bluebells in spring. Rhodds Farm is at the end of a long drive, without neighbours, traffic or traffic noise: a perfect spot for garden lovers, and anyone seeking peace and quiet.
This owner/agency has featured on this Country Cottages site since 2008
|01544 327 121 or|
|Click here to email owner|
|Payment Options: cheque, bank tansfer, credit card
Contact: Mrs. Alison O'Grady
|Television||Indoor Hot Tub|
|Sky Television||Outdoor Hot Tub|
|Video or DVD||Shower|
|Ensuite Bathroom||Wood Stove|
|Central heating||Laundry facilities|
|Games Room||Swimming Pool|
|Towels provided||Bed linen provided|
set in beautiful gardens with 13 acres of woodland
This is a perfect property for :
- Garden lovers
- Outdoor enthusiasts: there is immediate access from the property to local footpaths and endless opportunites for walking close by, including Offa’s Dyke long distance footpath can be joined at Kington, which is 2 miles away. The Brecon Beacons, and the Black Mountains are within a half hour drive , and the little known wild and beautiful Radnorshire hills are just 15 minutes distant.
- Celebrations: families and friends seeking a wonderful location for a celebration or special birthday will enjoy the spacious entertaining space. The property can be booked in conjunction with the 2 cottages at Little Quebb which are just 3 miles down the road, providing total accommodation for 13.
- Lovers of history: the black & white village trail through the medieval villages of North Herefordshire can be accessed down the road at Eardisley. Hereford, Hay on Wye and Ludlow are all within an esay distance and all offer lots to interest cultural enthusiasts.
- Foodies - the Stagg at Titley, a Michelin starred pub, just 3 miles.
There is lots to do in the area for anyone interested in gardens, history, walking , cycling or touring around. There are several interesting national trust properties in the vicinity, including Croft Castle with access to the iron age hill fort at Croft Amberely, affording lovely views across into Shropshire. The Welsh border town of Presteigne is down the road, famous for its international music festival held each year at the end of August.
The barn is well equipped with everything you could possibly need in the kitchen, a welcome pack of local produce , good quality linen and towels, maps and lots of local information.
There are two bedrooms with excellent interior sprung mattresses. One room has a a kingsized bed, and the other twin beds. Both have ensuite bathrooms, and there is also a separtae shower room and cloakroom downstairs.
Please visit http://www.littlequebbcottages.co.uk/the-barn-rhodds-farm.html to find out more about the holiday cottage, amenities, surrounding area and places to visit in Herefordshire.
Please contact us for availability, prices and bookings
Walkers and cyclists - There are footpaths from the door, and Offa’s Dyke long distance footpath can be accessed at Kington, which is 2 miles away. Close to the black & White village trail through meieval Herefordshire villages Easy access to Hay on Wye ( 9miles ) and Ludlow ( 14 miles)
Nearest Train Station or Airport: Hereford
Recommended Places to Visit: Elan Valley Dams Raglan Castle Symonds Yat Hay on wye - the town of Books Powys Castle, Welshpool Ludlow and Ludlow castle
Annual Events: Hay Literary Festival May 28th - June 6th Titley Jazz Festival 30th - 31st July Presteigne Music Fetsival August 27th- August 30th
Recommended Places to Eat Out: Lyonshall has a very friendly local pub serving traditional pub food. There are several good pubs and restaurants at hand including the Michelin starred pub in Titley, a lovely riverside pub in Aymestry, and excellent food shops and restaurants in Ludlow, famous as the centre for the slow food movement in Britain.
Local Sports: Walking, cycling, golf, fishing
- » Self-catering holiday accommodation with facilities for the elderly or disabled
- » Self catering large country houses in England
- » Self-catering accommodation in the Home Counties England - rent a cottage
- » Self-catering rentals near Luton Airport, north of London
- » Self-catering accommodation in and near Exmoor National Park
- » 2 bedroom self catering holiday accommodation
- » A random collection of holiday cottages with parking in England
- » Self-catering accommodation near Windsor Castle
- » Self-catering holiday cottages in the West Midlands
- » Family holiday parks in England UK with self-catering cottages to rent
- » Self-catering holiday accommodation in England with facilities for children
- » Country cottages and self-catering accommodation in England to sleep 4 people
- » 3 and 4 bedroomed cottages with a wood burner in England
- » Self-catering accommodation near Legoland, England
- » Self-catering pine lodges and log cabins in England
- » Self-catering holiday accommodation in and around the Lake District National Park
- » Luxury 5 star cottages England
- » Stay in a self catering holiday cottage and have the walking holiday of a lifetime in England
- » Pet-friendly self-catering holiday accommodation in Herefordshire
- » Self-catering cottages in England in remote or secluded locations
Similar Country Cottages
The Stone Barn
BIG WEEKEND: 3 nights @ £55 per person (minimum 18 guests up to max 22)- offer available the following weekends: 4th and 18th October and 8th, 15th, 22nd and 29th November - email or phone 01409 253 ...
This special offer ends on 30-06-2013
16th AUGUST SPECIAL OFFER- book last available August week and get £110 off (applies to parties of 8 or less guests, visit our website for full details or send us an email today for a quick response
This special offer ends on 31-05-2013
Burnfoot Holiday Cottages
Luxury 4* Cottage sleeps 8 now just £295 this weekend! Pet friendly, tennis court, award-winning inn five minutes away, stunning walks direct from the door, in the most tranquil place in England. ...
This special offer ends on 26-05-2013
Meare Court with own hot tub, sleeps max 15, special offer 2 night break weekend, late check out Sunday.
This special offer ends on 01-07-2013
Bluebell Bank, Sheplegh Court
Great offers for remaining early summer weeks. £300 off June now only £500
This special offer ends on 30-06-2013