Lorton House - Broadwey, Dorset, England
Number of units of accommodation: 1
Sleeps from 2 to 16 people in 8 bedrooms
Number of bathrooms: 5
Short Breaks: Yes - The minimum number of days for a short break is 3
Suitable for the disabled:
Children are welcome:
Rating: Not assessed
Sweeping driveway to lovely welcoming Victorian country house overlooking nature reserves to the sea beyond. Beautiful secluded setting with acres of parkland yet only 10minutes drive to the sea.
This owner/agency has featured on this Country Cottages site since 2011
|01305812321 or 07778634021|
|Click here to email owner|
|Payment Options: cheque, bank transfer, credit card
Contact: Mrs. delia mclaggan
|Television||Indoor Hot Tub|
|Sky Television||Outdoor Hot Tub|
|Video or DVD||Shower|
|Ensuite Bathroom||Wood Stove|
|Central heating||Laundry facilities|
|Games Room||Swimming Pool|
|Towels provided||Bed linen provided|
Accommodation provides 8 double/twin bedrooms, 5 bath/shower rooms, some of which are ensuite. Huge country kitchen with Aga, electric double oven, dishwasher, microwave, washing machine, drying facilities, huge american fridge/freezer and seating for all. Formal dining room, large drawing room with comfortable seating and 31" flat-screen TV and DVD player, french windows to garden. Study and downstairs WC. The house has been recently redecorated and offers central heating throughout and open fires in both the drawing room and dining room. The large cellar contains a full sized billiard table There are facilities close by for a multitude of sports and activities, including indoor tennis courts a short walk away
Please visit http://www.lortonhouse.co.uk to find out more about the holiday cottage, amenities, surrounding area and places to visit in Dorset.
Please contact us for availability, prices and bookings
2012 Olympic site, Jurassic coast, beautiful countryside, walking, cycling, country pubs and villages, open spaces spectacular views, local markets, relaxed and friendly.
Nearest Train Station or Airport: Upwey station, Main line to London Waterloo Bournemouth, Southampton, Exeter, Bristol Airports
Recommended Places to Visit: Portland, Abbotsbury, Sherborne, Sealife Centre, Monkey World, Lulworth Castle.
Annual Events: Dorset Art weeks - early June. Beaminster literary and music festival - 25June-4July. Spirit of the Sea Maritime Festival 3-16July. Beach Volleyball Classics 30thJuly-1st August. Weymouth Carnival and Fireworks 18th August. Wareham Music Festival 27-29 August. Dragon Boat Racing, Weymouth 29August. Great Dorset Steam Fair 1-5th September. Dorset County Show 4-5th September. Wimborne Food Festival 23-24 September.
Recommended Places to Eat Out: Mallams, 15 Trinity Street Weymouth Crab House Cafe, Wyke Regis The Blue Fish, Portland The Wishing Well, Upwey
Local Sports: sailing watersports tennis golf
Host to the 2012 Olympic sailing and water sports events, Weymouth offers beautiful white sandy beaches, safe bathing and all the attractions of a seaside town. The surrounding countryside and Jurassic Coastline offer good walking country with spectacular views.
- » Self catering accommodation in Portland or Weymouth Dorset
- » Southern England: holiday cottages for self-catering holidays and weekend breaks
- » Pet friendly holiday cottages in Dorset
- » Mansions to rent for events and party weekends in Dorset
- » Holiday cottages in Dorset, sleep 6 to 8 people
- » Self-catering country cottages on the south coast of England with a local pub
- » Holiday cottages in Dorset
- » Holiday cottages south east England
- » Holiday lets in Dorset
- » Holiday cottages in Dorset
- » Self-catering holiday accommodation in Dorset England near golf courses
- » Self-catering short break holidays in Dorset, England
- » Self-catering cottages for holidays in Dorset
- » Self-catering holiday accommodation in Dorset available for long lets
- » Self-catering cottages south coast of England
- » Self-catering holiday cottages and rentals in Dorset
- » Large houses to rent in Dorset for self-catering breaks of 2 to 3 days upwards
- » Pet-friendly self-catering holiday accommodation in Dorset
- » Large Manor House in Dorset for self catering rentals
- » Luxury Self Catering Dorset
Similar Country Cottages
Bluebell Bank, Sheplegh Court
Special 3 or 4 day breaks for Christmas and New Year at £550 per stay. Our apartment will be have festive decorations and a special Welcome Pack for your visit. Phone 01892 532328 for more information
This special offer ends on 04-01-2014
Broadgate Farm Cottages
All remaining December dates - special 10% discount with discount code Aut10. Applies to all cottages at Broadgate Farm - check your website for latest deals short breaks from only £250 Award winnin...
This special offer ends on 22-12-2013