Lorton House - Broadwey, Dorset, England
|add to shortlist|
Number of units of accommodation: 1
Sleeps from 2 to 16 people in 8 bedrooms
Number of bathrooms: 5
Short Breaks: Yes - The minimum number of days for a short break is 3
Suitable for the disabled:
Children are welcome:
Rating: Not assessed
Sweeping driveway to lovely welcoming Victorian country house overlooking nature reserves to the sea beyond. Beautiful secluded setting with acres of parkland yet only 10minutes drive to the sea.
This owner/agency has featured on this Country Cottages site since 2011
|01305812321 or 07778634021|
|Click here to email owner|
|Payment Options: cheque, bank tansfer, credit card
Contact: Mrs. delia mclaggan
|Television||Indoor Hot Tub|
|Sky Television||Outdoor Hot Tub|
|Video or DVD||Shower|
|Ensuite Bathroom||Wood Stove|
|Central heating||Laundry facilities|
|Games Room||Swimming Pool|
|Towels provided||Bed linen provided|
Accommodation provides 8 double/twin bedrooms, 5 bath/shower rooms, some of which are ensuite. Huge country kitchen with Aga, electric double oven, dishwasher, microwave, washing machine, drying facilities, huge american fridge/freezer and seating for all. Formal dining room, large drawing room with comfortable seating and 31" flat-screen TV and DVD player, french windows to garden. Study and downstairs WC. The house has been recently redecorated and offers central heating throughout and open fires in both the drawing room and dining room. The large cellar contains a full sized billiard table There are facilities close by for a multitude of sports and activities, including indoor tennis courts a short walk away
Please visit http://www.lortonhouse.co.uk to find out more about the holiday cottage, amenities, surrounding area and places to visit in Dorset.
Please contact us for availability, prices and bookings
2012 Olympic site, Jurassic coast, beautiful countryside, walking, cycling, country pubs and villages, open spaces spectacular views, local markets, relaxed and friendly.
Nearest Train Station or Airport: Upwey station, Main line to London Waterloo Bournemouth, Southampton, Exeter, Bristol Airports
Recommended Places to Visit: Portland, Abbotsbury, Sherborne, Sealife Centre, Monkey World, Lulworth Castle.
Annual Events: Dorset Art weeks - early June. Beaminster literary and music festival - 25June-4July. Spirit of the Sea Maritime Festival 3-16July. Beach Volleyball Classics 30thJuly-1st August. Weymouth Carnival and Fireworks 18th August. Wareham Music Festival 27-29 August. Dragon Boat Racing, Weymouth 29August. Great Dorset Steam Fair 1-5th September. Dorset County Show 4-5th September. Wimborne Food Festival 23-24 September.
Recommended Places to Eat Out: Mallams, 15 Trinity Street Weymouth Crab House Cafe, Wyke Regis The Blue Fish, Portland The Wishing Well, Upwey
Local Sports: sailing watersports tennis golf
Host to the 2012 Olympic sailing and water sports events, Weymouth offers beautiful white sandy beaches, safe bathing and all the attractions of a seaside town. The surrounding countryside and Jurassic Coastline offer good walking country with spectacular views.
- » Self-catering holiday accommodation with facilities for the elderly or disabled
- » Self catering large country houses in England
- » Self-catering accommodation in the Home Counties England - rent a cottage
- » Self-catering rentals near Luton Airport, north of London
- » Self catering accommodation in Portland or Weymouth Dorset
- » Self-catering accommodation in and near Exmoor National Park
- » Self-catering accommodation Dorset Downs
- » 2 bedroom self catering holiday accommodation
- » A random collection of holiday cottages with parking in England
- » Self-catering accommodation in Charmouth Dorset south England
- » Self-catering accommodation near Windsor Castle
- » Self-catering holiday cottages in the West Midlands
- » Family holiday parks in England UK with self-catering cottages to rent
- » Self-catering holiday accommodation in England with facilities for children
- » Self-catering accommodation Christchurch Dorset : country cottages, holiday cottages, houses
- » Country cottages and self-catering accommodation in England to sleep 4 people
- » 3 and 4 bedroomed cottages with a wood burner in England
- » Self-catering accommodation near Legoland, England
- » Self-catering pine lodges and log cabins in England
- » Self-catering holiday accommodation in and around the Lake District National Park
Similar Country Cottages
Bluebell Bank, Sheplegh Court
Week commencing 20 July reduced by £300
This special offer ends on 31-12-2013
Forest View Retreat Lodges
SUMMER SPECIAL OFFER 4 nights for the price of 3 on all midweek Monday to Friday breaks in Bramble Lodge sleeps four Adults for all our Summer Season.
This special offer ends on 30-08-2013
Special price for parties up to 4 guests - you get the whole big farmhouse and garden all to yourselves, just use 2 bedrooms and get £300 off the full price.
This special offer ends on 31-05-2013
Tythe Barn Cottage
Beautiful 17th century thatched cottage near Chipping Campden. Sleeps 4. Friday 31st May to Thursday 20th June, 7 nights now reduced to £485. Short breaks also possible - 3-night minimum stay. Visi...
This special offer ends on 20-06-2013
The Lodge at Colmer, Modbury, Kingsbridge
Fantastic last minute opportunity- half price for one week only 18-25th May. Our beautifully converted stone barn on an idyllic Devonian private 28 acre estate, near Salcombe, Dartmouth, Modbury, Tot...
This special offer ends on 25-05-2013
Red Kite Cottage
Hideaway for 2 in Red Kite Cottage. Stunning location. Suntrap terrace. 3 acres of meadows with panoramic views. Free WiFi. Logfire. Big bath, separate rain shower.£144(was £160) for 2 nights for 2 pe...
This special offer ends on 19-05-2013