The Devon Manor House - Shirwell, Devon, England
|01271 377 432 or|
|Click here to email owner|
|Payment Options: cheque, bank transfer
Contact: Mrs. Amanda Tassell
Key Cottage InformationPrice range from £1800 to £5775 per week
Number of units of accommodation: 1
Sleeps from 2 to 16 people in 8 bedrooms
Number of bathrooms: 6
Short Breaks: Yes - The minimum number of days for a short break is 3
Suitable for the disabled:
Children are welcome: Cot, High Chair available.
Pet Friendly: (2 dogs welcome)
Rating: Not assessed
The owner/agency for The Devon Manor House has been advertising with Country Cottages Online for more than 1 years. Read More
The Devon Manor House can comfortably acccomodate up to 16 in eight bedrooms. This stunning Grade 1 listed house located near Barnstaple in North Devon was once owned by the Chichester Family and Francis himself is thought to have been taught as a boy in the Old School Room, which is now a beautiful bedroom.
The large and spacious Devon Manor House is set within a 160 acre estate and still maintains many of its original period features, including flag stone floors, ornate plaster work and high ceilings. Each of its large rooms are designed for a different purpose and each has its own style. The whole house has been gloriously decorated and furnished, and although there is lots of period character, The Devon Manor house also has all the expected contemporay mod cons.
Downstairs at The Devon Manor House there are three living rooms, the adult lounge with its oak floors and shutters, the main sitting room where everyone can comfortably gather, and finally the family/TV room with smart TV, WiFi, comfy sofas and big bean bags. A music system is also available at the house and can be used with either the WiFi or by Bluetooth connection. The large dining room has two pine tables that together seat 16 easily, alternatively the tables can be separated into an adult and childs table. Doors from the dining room lead out directly onto the suntrap courtyard where alfreco meals can be enjoyed. The final two rooms downstairs are the kitchens, these include the family kitchen with dining table and the second kitchen with range cooker. Both kitchens are well equipped and have all the necessary appliances, including dishwasher, microwave, fridge, freezer and cooker. An additional kitchenette can be found on the second floor and features the washer/dryer.
On the first floor of The Devon Manor House are six bedrooms and five bathrooms. The first two bedrooms are accessed via the Venetian staircase and share a large family bathroom with bath and separate shower. These two bedrooms are The Rose Suite with zip and link beds and The Old School room with beautiful views and king size bed. The other four bedrooms are reached via the old staircase, these are all en-suite. The final four bedrooms are The Long Bedroom with two antique double beds and an en-suite shower room, The Blue Bedroom with king size bed and en-suite with separate shower and bath, The Pine Suite with king size bed and an en-suite featuring a gorgeous roll top bath and finally the last bedroom, which is at the end of the hallway and has a king size bed and an en-suite shower room.
Lastly there are two bedrooms on the second floor. Both these bedroom are very large and have zip and link beds that can be set up as either a double or twin depending on guests requirements. The second floor bedrooms also have their own small living room area and a bathroom with bath.
The Devon Manor House has a large garden that guests are free to roam. Guests also have the benefit of a private swimming pool, a pool house, which is very well equipped with its own kitchen and bathroom, a hard tennis court and two very pretty walled gardens.
This owner/agency has featured on countrycottagesonline.com since 2016
- Historical Property
- The 17th century Devon Manor House is Grade 1 listed and was once owned by the Chichester Family.
- With Exposed Beams
- A boot room accessed via the rear entrance is an ideal place for storing muddy boots or drying off wet dogs.
- Internet Access
- Coffee Maker
- Laundry Facilities
- Type of Cooker: Gas oven with hob in the family kitchen, electric range cooker and oven in the second kitchen and finally an electric oven with hob in the kitchenette located on the second floor.
- Dining Table Seats: 16
- 5 Kingsize Bed(s)
- 2 Double Bed(s)
- 4 Single Bed(s)
- Romantic Four Poster Bed
- Bed Linen Provided
- Ensuite Bathroom
- Towels Provided
- Open Fire
- Enclosed Garden: Large garden with plenty of space for everyone. There are also two walled gardens onsite.
- Swimming Pool
- Tennis Court
- The views from the windows of The Devon Manor House are of the beautiful estate and the North Devon countryside. Views include those of the Shirwell beech trees, which were planted in 1815 to commemorate the Battle of Waterloo and the pretty copper beech trees.
Please visit https://www.devonmanorhouse.co.uk/ to find out more about the holiday cottage, amenities, surrounding area and places to visit in Devon.
Nearby attractions include Exmoor Zoo, The Big Sheep, The Milky Way, Watermouth Castle, Arlington Court, RHS Rosemoor, Broomhill Sculpture Gardens and Dartington Crystal. A number of other family friendly attractions, historic house and beautiful gardens can also be enjoyed when staying at The Devon Manor House.
Nearest Train Station or Airport: Barnstaple has the nearest railway station and has a direct link to Exeter from where you can change for trains to London etc. Alternatively Tiverton Parkway has direct trains to London. The nearest airport is Exeter.
Recommended Places to Visit: Exmoor and Lundy Island are just two of the wonderful places to spend a day exploring.
Recommended Places to Eat Out: The Pyne Arms at East Down is a very good pub, alternatively there is the Muddiford Inn, both are only a few miles drive from The Devon Manor House. Kentisbury Grange is less than a 10 minute drive from the house and has a beautiful restaurant perfect for special occasions or a a memorable night out. Barnstaple also has a good range of restaurants and many of the local villages along with Exmoor have good pubs to discover.
Local Sports: Water sports are easily available in North Devon, these include surfing at some of the best beaches in the country, sailing, coasteering, water skiing and fishing. Horse riding, cycling and walking are also excellent outdoor activities that can be enjoyed
Shirwell is a pretty countryside village, it is located just a few miles from Barnstaple, North Devon's largest town where you will find a variety of shops and restaurants. The town also has a bowling alley, theatre, multi-screen cinema and a good leisure centre. There are a number of local attractions nearby to suit all ages, including Arlington Court, Broomhill Sculpture Gardens, Exmoor Zoo and The Big Sheep. Within easy reach of the house are a few very good pubs these include the Pyne Arms at East Down and the Muddiford Inn at Muddiford, alternatively there is the Kentisbury Grange, where the restaurant is run by Michael Caine.
- » Holiday Cottages near a Sandy, Shingle or Pebble Beach in Devon
- » Self-catering country cottages in Devon
- » Self-catering holiday accommodation in Devon with own parking facilities
- » Holiday cottages in north Devon
- » Cottages in Devon close to a pub
- » Small one bedroom cottages in Devon to sleep 2 people only
- » Pretty country cottages - Devon
- » Book a selfcatering cottage in Devon for up to 4 people
- » Self-catering on the Colmer Estate in Devon
- » Southern England: holiday cottages for self-catering holidays and weekend breaks
- » Self-catering holiday accommodation in Exeter, Devon
- » Self-catering short break holidays in Devon, England
- » Accommodation for Large Groups in Devon
- » Rent a Cottage in Devon
- » Country Cottages to rent north Devon
- » Holiday cottages near Hope Cove in South Devon
- » Country cottages south Devon
- » Holiday lets in and near Croyde Bay north Devon
- » Holiday cottages in Devon currently available for Christmas week
- » Country cottages in Devon in England's West Country
Similar English Country Cottages
The Byre at Cross Farm England, Devon, Goodleigh
Kittitoe Lodge England, Devon, Parracombe
Barnfield Holiday Cottage England, Devon, Bratton Fleming
Mill Wheel England, Devon, Combe Martin
The Byre England, Devon, Combe Martin
The Shippen England, Devon, Combe Martin
Beeson Farm Holiday Cottages South Devon
7 night easter breaks from £300.
This special offer ends on 17-04-2017
Apple Loft at Twistgates Farm Cottages
3 nights from Tue 18th April now £225.
This special offer ends on 21-04-2017
3 or 4 night short breaks in this romantic cottage for couples set in the valley at Dittiscombe in South Devon, £325 fully inclusive.
This special offer ends on 03-04-2017