Gamekeeper's Hide on the Colmer Estate - Kingsbridge, Devon, EnglandAdd to Favourites
|01761 232 771 or|
|Click here to email owner|
|Payment Options: cheque, bank transfer
Contact: Mrs. Lorraine Stubberfield
Key Cottage InformationPrice range from £480 to £1190 per week
Number of units of accommodation: 1
Sleeps from 1 to 4 people in 2 bedrooms
Number of bathrooms: 1
Short Breaks: Yes - The minimum number of days for a short break is 3
Suitable for the disabled:
Children are welcome: Cot, High Chair available.
Rating: Not assessed
The owner/agency for Gamekeeper's Hide on the Colmer Estate has been advertising with Country Cottages Online for more than 12 years. Read More
Gamekeepers Hide is a wonderful, 4 star, stone-built holiday cottage found on the Colmer Estate in the South Hams area of South Devon. This beautiful cottage is decorated to a high standard boasting two comfortable bedrooms, a master double and small twin room, there is also a bathroom upstairs. Downstairs you find a spacious open plan lounge with dining area and lovely fitted kitchen with electric cooker. This light, modern cottage also has a sheltered patio with outdoor furniture and a BBQ for dining al fresco. There is also a sunny walled garden for relaxing. Also on site are some excellent shared leisure facilities including a heated indoor pool and heated outdoor pool, gym, tennis court, 28 acres of private grounds and a fantastic fishing lake which is home to carp, trout and golden rudd. There is now a brand new log cabin/games room in the garden, with pool table, games and seating. The estate is just a short drive from stunning blue flag beaches and plenty of attractions and places of interest. This delightful cottage is small children friendly and perfect for an idyllic countryside retreat.
Gamekeeper's Lodge is available for booking all year round. One really nice feature of this cottage is that the indoor swimming pool is adjacent to the cottage. Gamekeepers can be booked together with The Lawns, also on the Colmer Estate, for family groups that wish to meet up over the fesrtive period. Because this particular cottage has just 2 bedrooms it would equally well suit older couples who may like the additional bedroom to spread out.
This owner/agency has featured on countrycottagesonline.com since 2003
- 2 heated pools both feet from the cottage indoor pool heated with showers changing rooms and showers above this facility is a new fitness and gym within the grounds all weather tennis court well stocked fishing lake natural wood and orchard and 28 aces to walk or jog around huge natural grounds for bird watchers it is wonderful so peaceful. Two gardens Victorian walled garden with childrens play equipment huge green space for ball games and picnics new log cabin which doubles as a games room large table tennis table around the outdoor pool area.
- Video or DVD
- Internet Access
- Laundry Facilities
- Dining Table Seats: 4
- 1 Double Bed(s)
- 2 Single Bed(s)
- Bed Linen Provided
- Power Shower
- Towels Provided
- Central Heating
- Enclosed Garden: Small private garden/patio with table and chairs sun loungers and also BBQ
- Swimming Pool: Heated Pool
- Tennis Court
- Games Room: brand new log cabin which doubles as a games room with seating and tables pool table table darts board and electric connection
- The Estate is 28 acres of beautiful grounds the views over the valley are breath taking. The Lake is set in the heart of the estate you can walk all around the lake and grounds. Gamekeepers Hide offers crupulously clean and comfortable holiday accommodation in South Hams, perfect for exploring south Devon and its coastline. Also Dartmoor is only 4 miles away inland
Please visit http://www.gamekeepershide.co.uk/ to find out more about the holiday cottage, amenities, surrounding area and places to visit in Devon.
South Devon is a lovely holiday destination offering both fabulous beaches and glorious countryside. There are plenty of visitor attractions to have something to do for days out every day if you wish. Enjoy lovely country pubs, cream teas, parks and gardens. The nearest of many beautiful sandy beaches is just 5 miles away this is Bigbury Bay (Burgh Island) This is a great place for windsurfing, kit-surfing or boady-boarding. Also popular for young children with its rock-pooling. Gold flag awarded Blackpool sands and Bantham are also just a few miles away. Salcombe the most southerly town and beach resort in the South Hams. It was once the major shipping hub now popular for its beaches and quayside chic resturants delis and National Trust Gardens Semi tropical gardens. Dartmouth Kingsbridge. You can head North for only 10/15 minutes to the wilds of Dartmoor. Woodlands Adventure Park and wonderful family day out only 3 miles from us. Pennywell farm a great day out for all the family again only 5 miles drive. Pennywell farm is a lovely family day out for all ages. All information leaflets can be found within the lobby of the indoor pool area.
Nearest Train Station or Airport: Totnes
Recommended Places to Visit: All children love Crealy Park for fun fair rides and experiences. The seaside towns of Salcombe, Dartmouth and Burgh Island are all nearby for day trips. Coleton Fishacre (NT), the Dartington Arts Centre, the Eden Project together with Lanhydrock; about one hour drive away from Colmer Estate. Recommended visit - the Aquarium in Plymouth, perfect for a rainy day - very new and allegedly the best in the country. Close to the Mayflower Experience in the picturesque Barbican. It has a fantastic shark tank - the children always love it. Other key attractions are Pennywell Farm, Woodlands Fun Park, Dartmoor Adventure Park, Buckfastleigh steam train, Marble Museum and Butterfly Farm.
Annual Events: Summer carnivals, country fetes and open gardens - it's all here for your pleasure in South Devon. Once you have booked a date ETB will send you what events such as the Regatta's and Music Festival fetes and summer carnivals information.
Recommended Places to Eat Out: Jasmine Chinese Restaurant in Kingsbridge, also offer a free delivery service. Lots of other restaurants and pubs, one within walking distance. We have put together through good places to eat a new one in Kingsbridge is called the Crab Shell Inn located on the estaury. Good food and staff the location is set on the estaury so you can just sit and watch the passenger ferry come and go. Water sports to either just watch or take part when the tide is in its even more the most perfect spot. you can also try your hand at crabbing hear. Its safe for children of all ages. Many more places to eat out you will find on our web site.
Local Sports: Fishing on site in the fishing lake which is well stocked with carp and golden rudd. A fishing licence is available from any Post Office - however children under 14 can fish without a licence. Swimming in swimming pools on site, also tennis, croquet. Golf
- » Holiday Cottages near a Sandy, Shingle or Pebble Beach in Devon
- » Self-catering country cottages in Devon
- » Self-catering holiday accommodation in Devon with own parking facilities
- » Holiday cottages in north Devon
- » Cottages in Devon close to a pub
- » Small one bedroom cottages in Devon to sleep 2 people only
- » Pretty country cottages - Devon
- » Book a selfcatering cottage in Devon for up to 4 people
- » Self-catering on the Colmer Estate in Devon
- » Southern England: holiday cottages for self-catering holidays and weekend breaks
- » Self-catering holiday accommodation in Exeter, Devon
- » Self-catering short break holidays in Devon, England
- » Accommodation for Large Groups in Devon
- » Rent a Cottage in Devon
- » Country Cottages to rent north Devon
- » Holiday cottages near Hope Cove in South Devon
- » Country cottages south Devon
- » Holiday lets in and near Croyde Bay north Devon
- » Holiday cottages in Devon currently available for Christmas week
- » Country cottages in Devon in England's West Country
Similar English Country Cottages
Hollyhocks England, Devon, Modbury
Filham House England, Devon, Ivybridge
Old Hundredth England, Devon, Kingsbridge
The Lodge at Colmer, Modbury, Kingsbridge England, Devon, Modbury
Gatehouse West, Colmer Estate England, Devon, Modbury
Sunridge Luxury Ecopod England, Devon, Yealmpton
Dittiscombe Holiday Cottages, South Devon
10% reduction in Buddleia for w/c 16th September to £517.
This special offer ends on 23-09-2016
Limited availability for special offers in September in gorgeous contemporary studio with sunny balcony & hot tub - great peaceful location close to lake & busy village call 07735819384 now.
This special offer ends on 21-09-2016
Weekend for 16 in lovely old mansion House with sea views 1025 for up to 16 guests in 7 bedrooms or £1425 for 22 in 10 bedrooms.
This special offer ends on 18-09-2016
Mill Cottage at Greetham Valley in Rutland
5 nights for the price of 4 nights in Mill Cottage near Rutland Water, now just £535, was £713, arrive Monday 5th September 2016, depart Saturday 10th, pets welcome and GO FREE, walkers welcome, cyclists welcome plus free par 3 golf, gym and coarse fishing.
This special offer ends on 10-09-2016