Dittiscombe Holiday Cottages, South Devon - Dartmouth, Devon, England
|01548 521272 or|
|Click here to email owner|
|Payment Options: cheque, bank transfer, credit card
Contact: Mrs. Ruth Saunders
Key Cottage InformationPrice range from £385 to £995 per week
Number of units of accommodation: 3
Sleeps from 2 to 12 people in 6 bedrooms
Number of bathrooms: 3
Short Breaks: No
Suitable for the disabled:
Children are welcome: Cot, High Chair available.
Pet Friendly: (2 dogs welcome)
The owner/agency for Dittiscombe Holiday Cottages, South Devon has been advertising with Country Cottages Online for more than 8 years. Read More
Come and relax in our pretty holiday cottages set in a beautiful South Devon valley. Each cottage has its own private garden and views of the peaceful countryside surrounding us. These cottages are pet-friendly and guests and their dogs can enjoy our two-mile nature trail around the valley which includes ponds, woodland and meadows.
We accept 2 dogs in most cottages, although this is restricted during the busy season. The weekly charge for dogs is £25 per dog, and £10 per dog for a short break.
Our dog-friendly cottages:
- Willows, sleeps 6 plus cot
- Dovecote, sleeps 3 plus 1 child
- Honeysuckle, sleeps 2 + cot
We offer short breaks and special offers at certain times of the year. Please visit the 'Prices & Availability' page on our website for more details.
This owner/agency has featured on countrycottagesonline.com since 2008
- Historical Property
- Dittiscombe is a 300 year old hamlet with old stone barns originally used for animals, woodcutting and buttermaking. In nearby Torcross (3 miles) the Second World War Tank in memory of soldiers lost in the D-day landing practices.
- With Exposed Beams
- Communal laundry room and information point. 20 acres of valley exclusively for the use of Dittiscombe guests.
- Video or DVD
- Internet Access
- Coffee Maker
- Laundry Facilities
- Type of Cooker: Cermaic hob and electric cooker
- Dining Table Seats: 4
- 3 Kingsize Bed(s)
- 5 Single Bed(s)
- Bed Linen Provided
- Ensuite Bathroom
- Jacuzzi Bath
- Towels Provided
- Central Heating
- Wood Stove
- Enclosed Garden: Each cottage has its own garden with views of our valley and woodland.
- Wide ranging views across our own valley and beyond over rolling Devon landscape. Also wonderful night skies with no light pollution - excellent for stargazing!
Our cottages are ideal for a relaxing break any time of the year. Each cottage is individually furnished and well equipped with full heating, ceramic hob and electric oven, and LCD television, Ipod and DVD players, radios and Wifi. Some cottages also have woodburners. All are fully heated. As well as providing a comprehensive information folder the free wifi access in each cottage will help guests to easily find walks, wildlife events and local information. Children will love the shared play area.
Our fabulous location means we are just 2 miles from the historic village of Slapton with its two dog-friendly pubs, and Slapton Ley freshwater lagoon and nature trail. Close by there are quiet dog-friendly beaches and great coastal walks with spectacular views taking in Start Point Lighthouse and the villages of Beesands, Hallsands and Torcross. The estuary towns of Salcombe and Dartmouth, and the market towns of Kingsbridge and Totnes, are 20-30 minutes by car.
Availability and prices can be viewed by clicking on the weblink at the foot of the page.
Please visit the owner's website to find out more about the holiday cottage, amenities, surrounding area and places to visit in Devon.
South Devon has all kinds of visitor and natural attractions that keep holidaymakers returning year on year: a coastline and ailing in Kingsbridge, Dartmouth, Salcombe. Interesting towns such as Totnes, Modbury. National Trust properties such as Greenway, Colyton Fishacre and Saltram. South West Coast Path: East Prawle (birdwatching), Bantham for surfing, Bigbury and Hope Cove (sandy beaches), Thurlestone for rockpooling and canoeing. Start Point Lighthouse - tours and wonderful walks with seal spotting. Paignton Zoo, Dartmoor Zoological Park, Pennywell Farm and National Marine Aquarium, all within 1 hour from here.
Nearest Train Station or Airport: Totnes Railway Staion 12 miles, Exeter International Airport 30 miles
Recommended Places to Visit: Plymouth Barbican, Hoe and National Marine Aquarium. Dartmouth with park and ride and boat trips along the River Dart. Eden Project, 1 hour 45 minute drive from here. Salcombe with boat trips to Kingsbridge, sailing and boat hire, visit Mill Bay sandy beaches and walks to Gara Rock. National Trust properties at Greenway on the River Dart and Coleton Fishacre at Kingswear.
Annual Events: South Devon Walking Festival in September. Dartmouth Regatta in August. Salcombe Regatta in August. South Devon Crab Festival - Summer. Various Trailblaze events throughout the year. Dartmouth Food Festival - October.
Recommended Places to Eat Out: Devon has a huge number of superb eateries of all kinds. We have a local pub The Start Bay Inn at Torcross (4 miles from Dittiscombe)on the South West Coast Path - pop in for the freshest fish and chips in the area. The Cricket Inn at Beesands (5 miles from Dittiscombe), dog and child friendly, locally caught fish menus. The Fortescue Arms in East Allington (3 miles from Dittiscombe). Hearty menu using locally sourced produce. The Tower Inn Slapton (2 miles from Dittiscombe), expensive menu for special occasions.
Local Sports: Golf, Sailing, Canoeing, Kayaking, Fishing, Swimming, Surfing,
Pretty market town on the estuary with unique shops and cafes, Harbour House art gallery, two supermarkets, excellent Tourist Information Centre, Cornworthy museum of local life, and Summer Festival and Parade in July. Boat trips to Salcombe from May - October, also boat hire and kayaking.
- » Holiday Cottages near a Sandy, Shingle or Pebble Beach in Devon
- » Self-catering country cottages in Devon
- » Self-catering holiday accommodation in Devon with own parking facilities
- » Holiday cottages in north Devon
- » Cottages in Devon close to a pub
- » Small one bedroom cottages in Devon to sleep 2 people only
- » Pretty country cottages - Devon
- » Book a selfcatering cottage in Devon for up to 4 people
- » Self-catering on the Colmer Estate in Devon
- » Southern England: holiday cottages for self-catering holidays and weekend breaks
- » Self-catering holiday accommodation in Exeter, Devon
- » Self-catering short break holidays in Devon, England
- » Accommodation for Large Groups in Devon
- » Rent a Cottage in Devon
- » Country Cottages to rent north Devon
- » Holiday cottages near Hope Cove in South Devon
- » Country cottages south Devon
- » Holiday lets in and near Croyde Bay north Devon
- » Holiday cottages in Devon currently available for Christmas week
- » Country cottages in Devon in England's West Country
Similar English Country Cottages
Honeysuckle, dog friendly couples' cottage in South Devon England, Devon, Dartmouth
The Owlery England, Devon, Dartmouth
The Retreat, Sheplegh Court England, Devon, Dartmouth
Bluebell Bank, Sheplegh Court England, Devon, Dartmouth
Flear Farm Cottages England, Devon, Kingsbridge
The Coach House England, Devon, Buckland Tout Saints
Easter late break - week commencing Saturday 15th April now £374 pw or short break from only £243 sleeps 2 - 6 .
This special offer ends on 18-04-2017
Easter Late break offer - Arriving Friday 7th or 14th April now £329 pw or short break from £215 (min 3 nights) Sleeps 4, pets welcome, scenic views.
This special offer ends on 17-04-2017
Enjoy a cosy weekend break in one of our cosy lodges for the special price of £300.
This special offer ends on 10-04-2017
Shillings Cottage has available w/e breaks and weeks in April 6 nights from 2nd April at £320, 7 nights from 8th April at £370, Easter Weekend (4 nights) at £360, 7 nights from 15th April at £370.
This special offer ends on 21-04-2017
The Miller's Cottage at Hele Bay
Complimentary cream tea in our award winning tearoom when you stay in the cosy Miller's Cottage just 300m from the SEA next to Heritage working watermill with BEACH just 300m and 2 good pubs within 2 mins walk, ideal for DOGS (and children).
This special offer ends on 23-04-2017
Free bottle of wine for Easter bookings between 10 and 17 April.
This special offer ends on 17-04-2017
Old Barn Cottages
Unusually for this time of year we still have availability in The Granary for the entire two-week Easter period.
This special offer ends on 22-04-2017
Easter Holiday availability from £365
This special offer ends on 22-04-2017