Wayside House - Cullompton, Devon, England
|01884 849 127 or|
|Click here to email owner|
|Payment Options: cheque, bank transfer, credit card
Contact: Mrs. Melanie Alford
Key Cottage InformationPrice range from £1000 to £4950 per week
Number of units of accommodation: 1
Sleeps from 1 to 13 people in 5 bedrooms
Number of bathrooms: 3
Short Breaks: Yes - The minimum number of days for a short break is 3
Suitable for the disabled:
Children are welcome: Cot, High Chair available.
The house stands behind two large wooden sliding gates and entry is on a key fob system.
Once past the gates there is ample parking available on the attractive brick drive.
At this property there is:
• Five bedrooms (2 of which feature en-suite facilities)
• Spacious Lounge
• Spacious Kitchen/Diner
• Spacious Family Bathroom
• Additional WC
• Sunny Conservatory
• Wet Room and Changing Room for the Pool
• Games Room with Sky TV, Pool, Air Hockey and Wii Games Console
• Excellent Facilities for Children with a Climbing Frame, Trampoline, Swing and Table Tennis
• Underfloor Heating Throughout
• Large Flat Screen TVs with Sky TV
This owner/agency has featured on countrycottagesonline.com since 2008
- Sky TV
- Video or DVD
- Internet Access
- Laundry Facilities
- Dining Table Seats: 12
- Bed Linen Provided
- Ensuite Bathroom
- Towels Provided
- Central Heating
- Garden: Attractive shrubbed area and large patio with BBQ and seating
- Swimming Pool: Heated Pool
- Games Room: Pool Table, Air Hockey, Table Tennis and Wii games console
- Set in beautiful rural seclusion with the most fantastic views across to the Culm Valley and Blackdown Hills, this is the most perfect place for a short break or family holiday. The Blackdown Hills (designated an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty) are like stepping back in time. To the north the land rises steeply in a dramatic wooded scarp, while to the south it forms a plateau, deeply dissected by valleys. On the top of the plateau lies open windswept spaces, while in the valleys picturesque chertstone, cob, and thatched buildings cluster in villages and hamlets, surrounded by a patchwork of small enclosed fields, accessed down narrow winding lanes with tall hedgerows.
Once inside the main house the modern features provide a clean, warm and comfortable environment, there is maple wood flooring, a feature fire and fish tank. From the hallway, to your right is the lounge with large flat screen tv, several sofas and modern entertainment equipment. A further door leads out from the lounge onto the patio and BBQ area. To the left the double glass doors lead into the attractive kitchen/dining room with large wooden farmhouse kitchen table.
A door from the kitchen leads to the utility room with washing machine and tumble dryer. The utility room also houses the hoover system - plug the hose in in any room and go! From the kitchen a further doorway leads to the very spacious conservatory, with the most spectacular views. Rooms have flat screen tvs connected to Sky, the house is covered by BT Wifi for internet access.
Please visit http://www.blackdownluxurylettings.co.uk to find out more about the holiday cottage, amenities, surrounding area and places to visit in Devon.
Locally there are various places to visit, including excellent farm shops, restaurants and other places of local and historic interest, please check out our website for a vast selection of things to do and see whilst at Wayside House - see www.blackdownluxurylettings.co.uk
Nearest Train Station or Airport: Tiverton and Taunton within 15 miles
Recommended Places to Visit: There are many wonderful locations to explore from this delightful property, with easy access to the M5 and a short drive to the A303, there are some wonderful and quaint Devon and Somerset Villages, Towns and Cities to explore with excellent shopping in Exeter. For the young or young at heart a trip to Longleat Safari and Adventure Park may be the order of the day, or a stroll along the wonderful promenade at Lyme Regis, Sydmouth or Exmouth and Budleigh Salterton. Bicton Park has wonderful gardens to explore and not forgetting the National Parks of Exmoor and Dartmoor are both within an hour or so's driving, each with their own wonderful attractions for the young and old.
Recommended Places to Eat Out: There are many fantastic local country pubs within a short drive, including the Culm Valley Inn- only 2 miles away, whilst it might look a little rough around the edges the food is excellent and wins many awards. Slightly Further afield are The Globe in Appley, The Half Moon in Clayhidon, the Merry Harriers in Clayhidon, and in Taunton there are a selection of restaurants to suit every taste! Check out our website for more mouth watering suggestions www.blackdownluxurylettings.co.uk
Local Sports: Horse riding (trekking), Golf, Walking and Country Pursuits (fishing/shooting etc)
Cullompton is a town and civil parish in the district of Mid Devon and the county of Devon, England, locally known as Cully. It is 13 miles miles north-north-east of Exeter and lies on the River Culm. It has a monthly farmers' market held on the second Saturday of every month which is the oldest event of its kind in the South West. It is home to two grade I listed buildings: the fifteenth-century St Andrew's parish church and the seventeenth-century house known as The Walronds. The centre of the town is the only conservation area in Mid Devon and there are seven grade II* listed buildings and ninety grade II listed buildings in the parish.
- » Holiday cottages near a beach in Devon
- » Self-catering country cottages in Devon
- » Self-catering holiday accommodation in Devon with own parking facilities
- » Holiday cottages in north Devon
- » Cottages in Devon close to a pub
- » Small one bedroom cottages in Devon to sleep 2 people only
- » Pretty country cottages - Devon
- » Book a selfcatering cottage in Devon for up to 4 people
- » Self-catering on the Colmer Estate in Devon
- » Southern England: holiday cottages for self-catering holidays and weekend breaks
- » Self-catering holiday accommodation in Exeter, Devon
- » Self-catering short break holidays in Devon, England
- » Accommodation for Large Groups in Devon
- » Rent a Cottage in Devon
- » Country Cottages to rent north Devon
- » Holiday cottages near Hope Cove in South Devon
- » Country cottages south Devon
- » Holiday lets in and near Croyde Bay north Devon
- » Holiday cottages in Devon currently available for Christmas week
- » Country cottages in Devon in England's West Country
Similar Country Cottages
Ramscombe England, Somerset, Taunton
Woodpeckers England, Devon, Bradfield
Kingfishers England, Devon, Cullompton
Clew Park, Smarts House, Poppys, Pockets England, Devon, Honiton
Windover Farm Cottage England, Devon, Hemyock
Exclusive Plus Dream Lodge - Blossom Hill Park England, Devon, Dunkeswell
Home Farm Cottages
This offer refers to Fry's Barn (sleeps 4) and the Hayloft (sleeps 4+1).
This special offer ends on 30-08-2014
the sun is shining and the cottage is ready for you to enjoy the peace and quiet of a Somerset cottage, walk the tow paths and droves, watch the dredging and in the evening the sunsets with a glass of local cider on the patio, as the deer stroll throught the corn field with their youngot the green woodpeckers feeding on the lawn, So much more to do, explore and have fun!.
This special offer ends on 16-08-2014
Friday 4 pm to Sunday 2 pm for 2 guests, extra guests at £80 per person.
This special offer ends on 10-08-2014
Registered Office: 17 Fennfields Rd, South Woodham, Chelmsford, CM3 5RZ.
Registered in England and Wales No 3991504, VAT registration number: 104 353357