Acorn Retreat - Brayford, Devon, England
Key Cottage InformationPrice range from £300 to £575 per week
Number of units of accommodation: 1
Sleeps from 1 to 2 people in 1 bedrooms
Number of bathrooms: 1
Short Breaks: Yes - The minimum number of days for a short break is 3
Suitable for the disabled:
Children are welcome:
Pet Friendly: (1 dog welcome)
Rating: Not assessed
Set in 10 acres of beautiful parkland, with lakes and ponds, bordered by the river Bray, Acorn Retreat is situated on the edge of Exmoor National Park, with its tranquil and diverse landscape. This fully equipped, one bedroomed, self-catering, pet friendly, holiday cottage apartment is a peaceful and romantic place to stay for two. It forms part of the private secluded estate, Oakmead House, on the outskirts of the village of Brayford, and is accessed by a ¼ mile approach drive through farmland. It is within easy distance of the facilities in the ancient market towns of Barnstaple and South Molton and Exmoor and the spectacular, wild North Devon coast. Prices are all inclusive of heat, light and linens etc.
This owner/agency has featured on countrycottagesonline.com since 2010
- Previously a trout rearing farm but now in private use.
- Beautiful grounds and lakes. River fly fishing.
- Video or DVD
- Internet Access
- Coffee Maker
- Laundry Facilities
- Type of Cooker: Gas oven and hob
- Dining Table Seats: 4
- 1 Kingsize Bed(s)
- Bed Linen Provided
- Ensuite Bathroom
- Towels Provided
- Garden: Private, elevated lawned area with garden furniture and good views of the property and neighbouring farmland. Also full access to 10 acres of beautiful private grounds.
- Sunny aspects at all times of the day, looking out onto the gardens. From the apartment's own garden area there are extensive views of the estate, neighbouring farmland and Exmoor. Red Deer can sometimes be seen in the nearby fields.
The cottage has been recently modernised and refurbished throughout to 4 star equivalent. It is open-plan, light and airy and comprises a sitting area with living-flame gas stove and Sky TV ; a dining area with electric wall radiator; and a modern fully equipped kitchen with dishwasher, fridge, freezer and all you need. Opening off from the living area is the bedroom (king size bed), with electric radiator, and the en-suite shower room has a hidden-away washing machine. The cottage style apartment adjoins Oakmead House, with access to all the grounds, but is totally self-contained with its own access and garden area. Electricity, heating and linens all included. One well behaved dog is welcome. Free internet access is available.
The lakes and ponds which give the grounds their unique character are fed by a 100 year old leat fed by the waters of the river Bray which cascades down from Exmoor. Combined with the areas of woodland, lawns and gardens, the result is a peaceful and beautiful haven which is yours to explore and enjoy. Early planting of the parkland has matured, blending seamlessly with the surrounding wildlife habitat to provide the perfect environment for your stay. Whatever your holiday requirements – walking, riding or fishing, reading or writing, or simply enjoying being away from it all, Acorn Retreat and its lovely environment has it all and will tempt you back again, year after year. Please see our website for more pictures and details. We are open through all seasons including Christmas and New Year.
Please visit http://www.oakmeadhouse.co.uk to find out more about the holiday cottage, amenities, surrounding area and places to visit in Devon.
Super holiday cottage for Exmoor and coast. Very peaceful.Furnished to high standard with lots of thought gone into providing everything possible you are likely to need with a few little extras on the side. Had a wonderful stay and was made very welcome by Sally and Jon. Beautiful grounds to walk dog -lots of rabbits to chase.Sandra, 26.09.2013
Having stayed in cottages for many years acorn retreat is by far the best we have stayed at. The apartment and grounds are second to none and Sally and Jon make you so welcome I would recommend it to anybody for a relaxing holiday and rate it 11 out of 10.Derek, 20.09.2013
This is without a doubt the best holiday cottage that we have stayed in! Superbly equipped and maintained by very welcoming owners. Grounds were excellent and we saw deer and even glimpsed an otter one evening. It was a great base for exploring North Devon and Exmoor with our dog.Derek, 16.06.2013
Exmoor National Park, Lynton and Lynmouth, Barnstaple, Atlantic Village shopping at Bideford, Clovelly and National Trust properties at Watersmeet, Heddon Valley, Tarr Steps, Arlington Court, and the North Devon "Heritage Coast".
Nearest Train Station or Airport: Barnstaple Station, 10miles. Exeter Airport. 50miles
Recommended Places to Visit: Lynton and Lynmouth, Exmoor National Park, Lundy Island, Lorna Doone Country, Valley of Rocks, Watersmeet, Tarr Steps, Woolacombe, Ilfracombe, Barnstaple, Atlantic Village, Bideford, Hartland Point, Clovelly, Exmoor Zoo, Arlington Court. Hartland Abbey, Minehead, Dunster. Various National Trust Properties. RHS Gardens Rosemore.
Annual Events: The Simonsbath Festival, May, June. The North Devon Festival, June. English National Sheepdog Trials, August Exeter Festival of South West Food and Drink, April. The Hunting of the Earl if Rone, Combe Martin, May. The North Devon Show, Summer. The Devon County Show, Summer. Bratton Down Races, May/June.
Recommended Places to Eat Out: Excellent choice of both traditional moorland and city pubs and restaurants. The Poltimore Arms 2.5 miles Millers at the Tors, Lynmouth. Millers at the Anchor, Porlock. The Black Venus, Challacombe. The Exmoor Forest, Simonsbath. The Hunter's Inn, Heddon Valley. The Blue Ball, Countisbury. The Rising Sun, Lynmouth. The Stag, Filleigh. The White Horse, Exford. Various International Restaurants in Barnstaple.
Local Sports: Walking, fishing, surfing, horse riding, golf.
Small village on the edge of Exmoor with the river Bray running through it and near the old market towns of South Molton and Barnstaple.
- » Holiday Cottages near a Sandy, Shingle or Pebble Beach in Devon
- » Self-catering country cottages in Devon
- » Self-catering holiday accommodation in Devon with own parking facilities
- » Holiday cottages in north Devon
- » Cottages in Devon close to a pub
- » Small one bedroom cottages in Devon to sleep 2 people only
- » Pretty country cottages - Devon
- » Book a selfcatering cottage in Devon for up to 4 people
- » Self-catering on the Colmer Estate in Devon
- » Southern England: holiday cottages for self-catering holidays and weekend breaks
- » Self-catering holiday accommodation in Exeter, Devon
- » Self-catering short break holidays in Devon, England
- » Accommodation for Large Groups in Devon
- » Rent a Cottage in Devon
- » Country Cottages to rent north Devon
- » Holiday cottages near Hope Cove in South Devon
- » Country cottages south Devon
- » Holiday lets in and near Croyde Bay north Devon
- » Holiday cottages in Devon currently available for Christmas week
- » Country cottages in Devon in England's West Country
Similar Country Cottages
Emmett's Grange England, Somerset, Simonsbath
Swallows Rest England, Devon, Lynton
The Lynhurst England, Devon, Lynton
Lower Hook Hill England, Somerset, Watchet
Kittitoe Lodge England, Devon, Parracombe
The Byre Coastal Cottage, South West England England, Devon, Combe Martin
Registered Office: 17 Fennfields Rd, South Woodham, Chelmsford, CM3 5RZ.
Registered in England and Wales No 3991504, VAT registration number: 104 353357