West Venn Holiday Cottages - Ashwater, Devon, England
|01409 211246 or 07811 164942|
|Click here to email owner|
|Payment Options: cheque, bank transfer
Contact: Mrs. Ruth McDonald
Key Cottage InformationPrice range from £240 to £895 per week
Number of units of accommodation: 5
Sleeps from 2 to 22 people in 10 bedrooms
Number of bathrooms: 7
Short Breaks: Yes - The minimum number of days for a short break is 3
Suitable for the disabled:
Children are welcome: Cot, High Chair available.
Pet Friendly: (2 dogs welcome)
Rating: Not assessed
The owner/agency for West Venn Holiday Cottages has been advertising with Country Cottages Online for more than 3 years. Read More
The barns vary in size and sleep from 2-8 guests if booked individually, or alternatively all barns can be booked together to accommodate up to 22, plus cots. Each of the barns has been renovated to a high standard throughout with stylish yet comfortable furnishings whilst still maintaining original features such as exposed beams and exposed stone walls.
During a stay here, guests are free to enjoy all of the shared facilities on the farm which include:
• Games room with pool table, air hockey, darts, table football and TV.
• Grassy play area, ideal for children, complete with outdoor play equipment.
• Well-stocked coarse fishing lake ideal for older guests who enjoy fishing.
• Woodland walk, ideal for families or romantic couples who can enjoy seeing bluebells in season.
• The chance to meet the farm animals. Children in particularly really love meeting friendly animals such as pygmy goats, rabbits, pigs, sheep, miniature ponies and cows, ducks, chickens, guinea fowl or turkeys.
This owner/agency has featured on countrycottagesonline.com since 2013
- With Exposed Beams
- All cotttages have large flat screen TV's and their own washing machine, the larger ones also have tumble dryer facilities. The two 1 bedroom cottages have jacuzzi baths and the two 3 bedroom cottages have en-suite to the master bedroom.
- Video or DVD
- Internet Access
- Coffee Maker
- Laundry Facilities
- Type of Cooker: Electric
- Dining Table Seats: 4
- 2 Kingsize Bed(s)
- 3 Double Bed(s)
- 10 Single Bed(s)
- Bed Linen Provided
- Ensuite Bathroom
- Jacuzzi Bath
- Towels Provided
- Wood Stove
- Games Room: The games room has a pool table, air hockey, table football and darts. Plus, a TV, childrens games, books and various CD's and DVD's to use. There is also a coarse fishing lake for the exclusive use of our Guests.
- Far reaching countryside views across the rolling countryside to Dartmoor.
Please visit http://www.westvenncottages.co.uk/index.php to find out more about the holiday cottage, amenities, surrounding area and places to visit in Devon.
Please contact us for availability, prices and bookings
For the children, we would recommend: The Big Sheep, The Milky Way, Flambards, The Otter Sanctuary, The Hidden Valley, Total Wipeout
Nearest Train Station or Airport: Exeter or Plymouth
Recommended Places to Visit: There is always plenty to see and do in the South West and so much within easy access of our cottages. Beautiful beaches, secluded coves and picturesque fishing villages, such as Clovelly and Port Isaac, where they film the popular TV series Doc Martin. Tintagel, home of King Arthur and steeped in history, and Boscastle are only short distance away. Plus, Dartmoor National Park, RHS Rosemoor, The Eden Project, Dartmoor Zoo, Becky Falls and many, many more.....
Annual Events: 2013 Annual Events include: Devon County Show 16-18 May Royal Cornwall Show 6-8 June Holsworthy - St Peter's Fair 6-14 July Werrington Countryman's Fair - August Dartmouth Regatta 30 Aug - 1st Sept Looe Food Festival 27 - 29 Sept
Recommended Places to Eat Out: In Ashwater, we have The Village Inn, serving local ales and an excellent food menu. For those special or romantic occassions the Blagdon Manor Hotel is only a short walk away, offering fine dining. In Holsworthy, the Market Inn serves a great carvery and there are several other pubs in the town with restaurants and bar meals available. There is also Indian (home delivery service) and Chinese cuisine, plus fish and chips.
Local Sports: Horse riding, coarse fishing, fly fishing, golf, swimming, cycling, bowling, surfing, sailing, canoeing, walking, clay pigeon shooting
The towns of Holsworthy, Devon, and Launceston, Cornwall, flank our pretty village of Ashwater. In both towns you will find all you need for day to day services and facilities......Supermarkets, shops, pubs and restaurants, farmers markets (on set days).
- » Holiday Cottages near a Sandy, Shingle or Pebble Beach in Devon
- » Self-catering country cottages in Devon
- » Self-catering holiday accommodation in Devon with own parking facilities
- » Holiday cottages in north Devon
- » Cottages in Devon close to a pub
- » Small one bedroom cottages in Devon to sleep 2 people only
- » Pretty country cottages - Devon
- » Book a selfcatering cottage in Devon for up to 4 people
- » Self-catering on the Colmer Estate in Devon
- » Southern England: holiday cottages for self-catering holidays and weekend breaks
- » Self-catering holiday accommodation in Exeter, Devon
- » Self-catering short break holidays in Devon, England
- » Accommodation for Large Groups in Devon
- » Rent a Cottage in Devon
- » Country Cottages to rent north Devon
- » Holiday cottages near Hope Cove in South Devon
- » Country cottages south Devon
- » Holiday lets in and near Croyde Bay north Devon
- » Holiday cottages in Devon currently available for Christmas week
- » Country cottages in Devon in England's West Country
Similar English Country Cottages
The Stone Barn England, Devon, Holsworthy
Middle Barn Dogs-welcome Cottage, South West England England, Cornwall, Bude
Deluxe Dream Lodge - Hilton Woods Park England, Cornwall, Whitstone
Autograph Lodge - Hilton Woods Park England, Cornwall, Whitstone
Signature Lodge - Hilton Woods Park England, Cornwall, Whitstone
Kennacott Court England, Cornwall, Bude
Beeson Farm Holiday Cottages South Devon
Weekly stays from £300.
This special offer ends on 03-03-2017
March madness - Spa hot tub breaks for total relaxation - cosy romantic retreat in great location with balcony & private outdoor spa hot tub 2 nights from £250 for 2 adults call 07725819384 now to book.
This special offer ends on 08-03-2017
Impress your partner with a luxury break £325 for 2 nights or £395 for 3 nights in stunning log cabin hideaway with private outdoor spa hot tub & heated decked area - gorgeous peaceful location within easy walking distance of busy village don't miss out on this very special offer call 07725819384 for details.
This special offer ends on 19-03-2017
The Granary, Little Quebb Cottages
Take a week's early break in rural Herefordshire.
This special offer ends on 05-03-2017