Woodend Cottage - Ulpha, Cumbria, England
Key Cottage InformationPrice range from £300 to £690 per week
Number of units of accommodation: 1
Sleeps from 2 to 6 people in 3 bedrooms
Number of bathrooms: 1
Short Breaks: Yes - The minimum number of days for a short break is 2
Suitable for the disabled:
Children are welcome: High Chair available.
Pet Friendly: (2 dogs welcome)
Rating: Not assessed
The Cottage adjoins Woodend House and offers comfortable holiday accommodation for up to six people, whether this be for two couples or for a family of four or five. Successfully combining the old with the new and with exposed wooden beams in a number of the rooms, this cottage offers plenty of charm.
Inside the Cottage there is a cosy lounge/dining room with exposed wooden beams and Victorian open range. This room enjoys views out towards Scafell Pike. Next door is a traditional Lakeland cottage kitchen. From the lounge, stairs lead up to the three comfortable bedrooms (two doubles and one twin) and the family bathroom.
This is a fantastic setting and many of the rooms benefit from views towards Scafell Pike, Bow Fell and Crinkle Craggs.
The sunniest garden area can be found at the front of the property just outside of the front door. There is also a garden area to the north of the property where you can look out and enjoy panoramic views across Birker Fell towards Scafell Pike.
The Cottage is pet-friendly (please note, dogs are not allowed upstairs into the bedrooms or on the furniture)
This owner/agency has featured on countrycottagesonline.com since 2005
- Historical Property
- Was originally a Quaker settlement
- With Exposed Beams
- Sky TV
- Video or DVD
- Laundry Facilities
- Bed Linen Provided
- Ensuite Bathroom
- Towels Provided
- Central Heating
- Open Fire
- Enclosed Garden
• A master double bedroom
• A second double bedroom
• A twin room with bunks
• Lounge/Dining room with traditional open range, colour TV, Sky Digital
• Kitchen with four ring gas cooker and oven, microwave, fridge/freezer, dishwasher, washing machine, kettle, toaster and the usual utensils and crockery
• Bathroom with bath/shower, WC and basin
• There is also access, from the kitchen, to a "spare/storage" room downstairs which houses the Rayburn. It is suitable for drying clothes, (in the winter months), and possibly for dogs to sleep in.
• Night storage heating and solid fuel range
• Electricity, coal and logs inclusive
• Duvets, full linen & towels inclusive
• Garden area with garden furniture
• Ample parking available
• Wireless broadband internet access – bring your own computer with a Wifi interface
Our aim is to offer guests comfortable and cosy accommodation within a quiet relaxing part of the Lake District.
For those who love to walk, fish, hike, sightsee or just relax, Woodend Cottage could be just perfect.
Please visit http://www.woodendhouse.co.uk to find out more about the holiday cottage, amenities, surrounding area and places to visit in Cumbria.
Check availability and prices on the cottage web site http://www.woodendhouse.co.uk
Muncaster Castle and owl sanctury, Boot Mill, L'al Ratty steam train, Hardknott roman fort,
Nearest Train Station or Airport: Foxfield mainline (10 miles) and Eskdale green narrow gauge steam railway (5 miles)
Recommended Places to Visit: Ambleside, Windemere, the west coast
Recommended Places to Eat Out: Numerous pubs within 8 miles radius
Local Sports: Pony trekking, climbing, fishing
- » Self-catering in Cumbria and the Lake District
- » Self-catering holiday cottages in Cumbria with a pub nearby
- » Self-catering holiday accommodation in Cumbria available for long lets
- » Luxury cottages - Cumbria
- » Self-catering short break holidays in the Lake District, England
- » 2 day short break Lake District
- » Self-catering accommodation near Scafell Pike, Cumbria
- » Cottages near the sea and coast in Cumbria
- » Cottages in England's Lake District
- » Self-catering accommodation in Ambleside or near Ambleside in the Lake District Cumbria
- » Self-catering in northern England
- » One bedroom cottages in Ambleside in the Lake District sleeping 2 people
- » Self-catering cottages in the Lake District, Cumbria
- » Holiday lets in the north of England
- » Cottage Weekend Breaks in Cumbria, the Lake District
- » Cottages in the Lake District near a pub
- » Cottages near Devoke Water in Cumbria and the Lake District
- » Farmhouse rentals in the Lake District and north of England for self-catering holidays
- » Luxury High Quality Cottages in the Lake District
- » Cottage accommodation Cumbria - Lake District, for walkers
Similar English Country Cottages
Woodend Schoolhouse England, Cumbria, Ulpha
Woodend Bothy England, Cumbria, Ulpha
Fisherground Lodges England, Cumbria, Eskdale
Surprise View Dogs-welcome Cottage, Cumbria & The Lake District England, Cumbria, Ravenglass
Eskmeals House, Lake District England, Cumbria, Ravenglass
Duddon Villa England, Cumbria, Millom
Dittiscombe Holiday Cottages, South Devon
Couples reduction - this cosy 2 bedroom, dog-friendly cottage with large garden and woodburner is reduced to £475 for w/c Friday 27th March.
This special offer ends on 03-04-2015
Acorn Retreat, at Oakmead House, edge of Exmoor
Low cost break available from March 13th at Acorn Retreat, Exmoor, North Devon, comfortable cottage for two, in private lakeside grounds, bordered by the river Bray and perfect for relaxing or exploring the dramatic North Devon coast and countryside.
This special offer ends on 19-03-2015
Special offers Saturday 18th to Saturday 25th April £599.
This special offer ends on 28-03-2015
27 March 3 nights Enjoy springtime at Cossington where rare primroses grow and there are lots of daffodils.
This special offer ends on 30-03-2015