Woodend Cottage - Ulpha, Cumbria, England
Number of units of accommodation: 1
Sleeps from 2 to 6 people in 3 bedrooms
Number of bathrooms: 1
Short Breaks: Yes - The minimum number of days for a short break is 2
Suitable for the disabled:
Children are welcome:
Pet Friendly: (2 welcome)
Rating: Not assessed
Please visit our comprehensive website www.woodendhouse.co.ukfor further details of the cottages including photographs, tariff, availability, location, the surrounding area, places to visit, directions and comments from previous guests.
The Cottage adjoins Woodend House and offers comfortable self catering accommodation for up to six people. This makes it suitable for two couples or a family of four or five. It combines the old with the new and has a wonderful traditional victorian open range to curl up in front of on those dark winter evenings.
Through the front door you enter into the lounge/dining room with it's slate flagged floor, exposed beams, open range, views towards Scafell Pike and a door that leads to a traditional lakeland cottage kitchen.
Stairs lead from the lounge to a landing, off which there are the three bedrooms, two doubles and one twin and the bathroom.
Most rooms have exposed beams and all are furnished with care and and thought.
Most rooms have views towards Scafell Pike, Bow Fell and Crinkle Craggs
The sunniest garden is to the front of the property outside the front door but there is a garden area to the north of the property where there are panoramic views across Birker Fell towards Scafell Pike
Pets welcome (but not allowed upstairs into the bedrooms or on the furniture)
This owner/agency has featured on countrycottagesonline.com since 2005
|Television||Indoor Hot Tub|
|Sky Television||Outdoor Hot Tub|
|Video or DVD||Shower|
|Ensuite Bathroom||Wood Stove|
|Central heating||Laundry facilities|
|Games Room||Swimming Pool|
|Towels provided||Bed linen provided|
- A master double bedroom
- A second double bedroom
- A twin room with bunks
- Lounge/Dining room with traditional open range, colour TV, Sky Digital (all channels except box office!)
- Kitchen with four ring gas cooker and oven, microwave, fridge/freezer, dishwasher, washing machine, kettle, toaster and the usual utensils and crockery
- Bathroom with bath/shower, WC and basin
- There is also access, from the kitchen, to a "spare/storage" room downstairs which houses the Rayburn. It is suitable for drying clothes, (in the winter months), and possibly for dogs to sleep in.
- Night storage heating and solid fuel range
- Electricity, coal and logs inclusive
- Duvets, full linen & towels inclusive
- Garden area with garden furniture
- Pets welcome but not allowed upstairs into the bedrooms or on the furniture)
- Ample parking
- Wireless broadband internet access if you provide your own computer with a Wifi interface
Woodend is set in a quiet remote location quite high on Birker Fell (approximately 950') and approached from the fell along a single track road through a gate. It has views across the fell towards Scafell Pike, (Englands's highest mountain), and is a ten minute walk from one of the smaller of the lakes, Devoke Water, which never the less is nearly a mile long!
At Woodend you not only have incredible views towards Scafell Pike from most of the rooms, but within a five minute walk you have stunning views over Devoke Water and within twenty minutes walking you can be at the top of Devoke Seat where, on a clear day, you have a 360 degree panoramic view that includes Devoke Water, the Langdales, the coast and the Isle of Man.
We pride ourselves in combining comfortable and cosy accommodation within a quiet relaxing environment.
Whether you enjoy walking, fishing, cycling, climbing, sightseeing by car or just want to close the gate after you and not return to civilisation until it suits you, this is the perfect centre for all.
Please visit http://www.woodendhouse.co.uk to find out more about the holiday cottage, amenities, surrounding area and places to visit in Cumbria.
Check availability and prices on the cottage web site http://www.woodendhouse.co.uk
Muncaster Castle and owl sanctury, Boot Mill, L'al Ratty steam train, Hardknott roman fort,
Nearest Train Station or Airport: Foxfield mainline (10 miles) and Eskdale green narrow gauge steam railway (5 miles)
Recommended Places to Visit: Ambleside, Windemere, the west coast
Recommended Places to Eat Out: Numerous pubs within 8 miles radius
Local Sports: Pony trekking, climbing, fishing
- » Self-catering in Cumbria and the Lake District
- » Self-catering holiday cottages in Cumbria with a pub nearby
- » Self-catering holiday accommodation in Cumbria available for long lets
- » Luxury cottages - Cumbria
- » Self-catering short break holidays in the Lake District, England
- » 2 day short break Lake District
- » Self-catering accommodation near Scafell Pike, Cumbria
- » Cottages near the sea and coast in Cumbria
- » Lake District Cottages
- » Self-catering accommodation in Ambleside or near Ambleside in the Lake District Cumbria
- » Self-catering in northern England
- » One bedroom cottages in Ambleside in the Lake District sleeping 2 people
- » Self-catering cottages in the Lake District, Cumbria
- » Holiday lets in the north of England
- » Cottage Weekend Breaks in Cumbria, the Lake District
- » Cottages in the Lake District near a pub
- » Cottages near Devoke Water Cumbria
- » Farmhouse rentals in the Lake District and north of England for self-catering holidays
- » Lake District cottages - luxury
- » Cottage accommodation Cumbria - Lake District, for walkers