Fishing Hideaway - Carlisle, Cumbria, England
|add to shortlist|
Number of units of accommodation: 1
Sleeps from 1 to 4 people in 2 bedrooms
Number of bathrooms: 1
Short Breaks: Yes - The minimum number of days for a short break is 2
Suitable for the disabled:
Children are welcome:
Rating: Not assessed
Shank Wood eco-friendly log cabin is a rare treasure in the self-catering world. Situated in the middle of a 2 mile beat on the banks of River Lyne, it provides total privacy in a stunning setting. Naturally, it will appeal to fishermen who enjoy the sports for the total relaxation it provides but also walkers and adventurers who would like to experience that something different in self-catering holidays.
This owner/agency has featured on this Country Cottages site since 2005
|01228 791 801 or 0796 8682 840|
|Click here to email owner|
|Payment Options: cheque, bank tansfer, credit card
Contact: Mr. Robb Carr
|Television||Indoor Hot Tub|
|Sky Television||Outdoor Hot Tub|
|Video or DVD||Shower|
|Ensuite Bathroom||Wood Stove|
|Central heating||Laundry facilities|
|Games Room||Swimming Pool|
|Towels provided||Bed linen provided|
The emphasis in the log cabin is on eco-friendly; the lighting is provided by solar power, there is a peat toilet. The cabin is heated by a clean wood burning stove and all cooking is on the large BBQ. Your fridge for cooling those bottles of beer is the river. This could also appeal to people with children seeking an adventure holiday in the woods and going back to nature. Fishing rods are available to rent from £20 for the duration of your stay, and 4 rods can be in the river at any one time. There are 11 pools on the 2 mile beat, each having its own place where fish love to lie. Please visit the log cabin web site using the link at the bottom of the page to peruse the details of this idyllic spot 15 miles away from Carlisle and just north of the Lake District.
Please visit http://www.fishinghideaway.co.uk/ to find out more about the holiday cottage, amenities, surrounding area and places to visit in Cumbria.
Free fishing, spectacular walks and unbelievable seclusion!
Nearest Train Station or Airport: Carlisle train station or Newcastle Airport
Recommended Places to Visit: The Lake District
Recommended Places to Eat Out: The Drove or The Crossings Inns.
Local Sports: Horse riding nearby, lake district 30 mins with a variety of sports facilities
- » Self-catering holiday accommodation in Kendal, Cumbria
- » Self-catering in Cumbria and the Lake District
- » Self-catering holiday cottages in Cumbria with a pub nearby
- » Self-catering holiday accommodation with facilities for the elderly or disabled
- » Self catering large country houses in England
- » Self-catering cottages and holiday accommodation in Keswick, Cumbria
- » Self-catering accommodation in the Home Counties England - rent a cottage
- » Self-catering rentals near Luton Airport, north of London
- » Self-catering accommodation in and near Exmoor National Park
- » 2 bedroom self catering holiday accommodation
- » A random collection of holiday cottages with parking in England
- » Self-catering holiday accommodation in Cumbria available for long lets
- » Self-catering accommodation near Windsor Castle
- » Self-catering holiday cottages in the West Midlands
- » Family holiday parks in England UK with self-catering cottages to rent
- » Self-catering holiday accommodation in England with facilities for children
- » Country cottages and self-catering accommodation in England to sleep 4 people
- » 3 and 4 bedroomed cottages with a wood burner in England
- » Self-catering accommodation near Legoland, England
- » Self-catering pine lodges and log cabins in England
Similar Country Cottages
The Stone Barn
BIG WEEKEND: 3 nights @ £55 per person (minimum 18 guests up to max 22)- offer available the following weekends: 4th and 18th October and 8th, 15th, 22nd and 29th November - email or phone 01409 253 ...
This special offer ends on 30-06-2013
The Lodge at Colmer, Modbury, Kingsbridge
First night free meal at our local award winning pub when you book one of the few remaining June & July weeks!! Just ring 07855 488058 to negotiate your stay at the perfect place for a perfect ho...
This special offer ends on 20-07-2013
Save £200 when you book this week in May 2013.. Private and secluded log cabin with gorgeous unspoilt views of the Yealm valley. Please call Margaret on: 07734557212.
This special offer ends on 01-06-2013
Meare Court with own hot tub, sleeps max 15, special offer 2 night break weekend, late check out Sunday.
This special offer ends on 01-07-2013
Bluebell Bank, Sheplegh Court
Great offers for remaining early summer weeks. £300 off June now only £500
This special offer ends on 30-06-2013