Longtail Loft - Bowness-on-Windermere, Cumbria, England
|01539443211 or 07725819384|
|Click here to email owner|
|Payment Options: cheque, bank transfer
Contact: Mrs. Suzy Whitehead
Key Cottage InformationPrice range from £795 to £895 per week
Number of units of accommodation: 1
Sleeps from 1 to 2 people in 1 bedrooms
Number of bathrooms: 1
Short Breaks: Yes - The minimum number of days for a short break is 2
Suitable for the disabled:
Children are welcome:
Rating: Not assessed
The owner/agency for Longtail Loft has been advertising with Country Cottages Online for more than 3 years. Read More
Lovely Lake District contemporary hideaway with outside area in sunny position, plenty of seating and a private spa hot tub under permanent cover for guests to relax, unwind and enjoy whatever the weather - adding a new dimension to the self-catering experience. The Loft is a warm and cosy detached studio with everything you need for a luxury break.
Stunning lighting both inside and outside the Loft. Light, bright and airy studio room with solid wood flooring, modern ceiling & wall lighting, fab comfy double bed with memory foam & feather & down topper, comfy seating and occasional table, flat screen TV, blu-ray player. This room has patio doors leading on to a sunny balcony which has bistro table & chairs & overlooks a quiet private courtyard with a relaxed atmosphere. The compact kitchen has bright contemporary lighting and marble flooring with underfloor heating, butchers block, microwave with grill, kettle, toaster for guests to prepare breakfast & snacks. There's also a dishwasher & large fridge. Beautiful ultra-modern shower room with underfloor heating, amazing power shower, heated towel rail, illuminated mirror. This stunning hideaway offers a couple those rare commodities of peace & tranquillity - wonderful cosy retreat.
This owner/agency has featured on countrycottagesonline.com since 2013
- Dry room available on request. Under cover outdoor area for storage of walking gear/ boots etc. Bikers welcome - alternative secure parking for bikes also available
- Video or DVD
- Type of Cooker: Microwave with grill, kettle, toaster. Please note that there is no traditional cooker.
- 1 Double Bed(s)
- Bed Linen Provided
- Power Shower
- Towels Provided
- Central Heating
- Enclosed Garden: Cosy private area with hot tub & seating - not overlooked from any aspect also balcony area with bistro table & chairs.
- Outdoor Hot Tub
- Surrounded by woodland & greenery. Views of Claife Heights & mountain range from the off-road parking. Loft view over private quiet courtyard
Longtail Loft is in a beautiful peaceful location about 10 minutes walk (about £4 by taxi) from the bustling village of Bowness and the stunning scenery of Lake Windermere. It's a great retreat to escape for a short break or holiday in wonderful surroundings where you will really feel you have escaped the pressures of everyday life. It's the ideal base for couples who want to explore the National Park with all it has to offer and return to a cosy apartment with state of the art spa hot tub.
Be one of the first to enjoy this unique experience in the Lake District.
Feedback from our first guest read: - "great pad with fab hot tub, will recommend to everyone".
Please visit http://longtailloft.co.uk/ to find out more about the holiday cottage, amenities, surrounding area and places to visit in Cumbria.
This is one of the Lake District's most popular areas and there is much to do close to the water. Enjoy a pleasure boat cruise across Lake Windermere to Lakeside where there is a steam railway and a car museum a short drive away. Take the boat north to Ambleside, another popular Lakeland tourist hot spot. Lots more to see including the Beatrix Potter attraction Bowness, Beatrix Potter house, boat hire, open top tour bus, and plenty of local villages to explore. Interesting local shops, farm shops with local produce, private marina (10 minutes walk) with restaurant and bars open to the general public.
Nearest Train Station or Airport: Windermere Railway station
Recommended Places to Visit: Take the open top tour bus, drive or walk, visit Ambleside and Wateredge, Lakeside with Aquarium and steam trains, Wray Castle, Low Wood Watersports Centre, Keswick steam boat, Staveley brewery, Distillery at Keswick. One of the most spectacular places to visit for scenery is Wrynose Pass.
Annual Events: The popularity of the Lake District ensures a range of events all year round including sheep dog trials, food fayres and Christmas events. May is a good month to visit Bowness-on-Windermere and the Lake District because the many rhododendron bushes are in full bloom, filling gardens with masses of colour.
Recommended Places to Eat Out: Eateries abound in Bowness village & around Lake Winderemere. There is everything from an afternoon tea, pub lunch to gourmet meals. Eating out and discovering the best places to eat is one of the pleasures of the Lake District. Remember to try the famous local gingerbread in Ambleside.
Local Sports: Lake Windermere offers a great choice of water sports: sailing, motor boating, kayaking, rowing, wake-boarding, water ski-ing, fishing, Go Ape in Grizedale Forest, mountain biking, walking, horse riding across countryside, 4 x 4 off-roading.
Beautiful traditional Lakeland Village with a lovely church at its centre. On the shores of Lake Windermere with pleasure cruises available all year round & a host of visitor attractions. Bowness is vibrant & busy all year round with lots of quirky local shops & plenty of cafes, bars & restaurants to suit all tastes & budgets - it really is a place with something for everyone.
- » Self-catering in Cumbria and the Lake District
- » Self-catering holiday cottages in Cumbria with a pub nearby
- » Self-catering holiday accommodation in Cumbria available for long lets
- » Luxury cottages - Cumbria
- » Self-catering short break holidays in the Lake District, England
- » 2 day short break Lake District
- » Self-catering accommodation near Scafell Pike, Cumbria
- » Cottages near the sea and coast in Cumbria
- » Cottages in England's Lake District
- » Self-catering accommodation in Ambleside or near Ambleside in the Lake District Cumbria
- » Self-catering in northern England
- » Self-catering cottages in the Lake District, Cumbria
- » Holiday lets in the north of England
- » Cottage Weekend Breaks in Cumbria, the Lake District
- » Cottages in the Lake District near a pub
- » Cottages near Devoke Water in Cumbria and the Lake District
- » Farmhouse rentals in the Lake District and north of England for self-catering holidays
- » Luxury High Quality Cottages in the Lake District
- » Cottage accommodation Cumbria - Lake District, for walkers
- » Cottages in the Lake District with an open fire
Similar English Country Cottages
Longtail Lodge England, Cumbria, Bowness-on-Windermere
Ferry View Cottage England, Cumbria, Bowness-on-Windermere
Moss Windermere Cottage England, Cumbria, Bowness-on-Windermere
Thirlmere Holiday Chalet, Lake District National Park, England, Cumbria, Troutbeck bridge
Ambleside Holiday Lodge England, Cumbria, White Cross Bay
Skiptory Woodland Holiday Lodge England, Cumbria, White Cross Bay
Impress your partner with a luxury break £325 for 2 nights or £395 for 3 nights in stunning log cabin hideaway with private outdoor spa hot tub & heated decked area - gorgeous peaceful location within easy walking distance of busy village don't miss out on this very special offer call 07725819384 for details.
This special offer ends on 19-03-2017